Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 09:55 PM

275 posts, read 707,940 times

Advertisements

I am a professional photographer and a professional starving artist. LOL. Not many art jobs here in my area, plus the market is TOUGH. Going back to school in about a year for a Master's in teaching. Also am a full- time mommy and wife on top of everything else!

I love my work as a photographer... I shoot a lot of weddings (which I am seriously SICK of... but pays the bills!) and I do some senior portraits, as well as family photos, passports, etc...

Lately, I have been in some gallery shows and have had some published works! Am also finishing up a second children's book. (Have a minor in English/ Literature, so I decided to use it somehow).

Overall, I'd say I'm just an artist. I don't just photograph, but I paint and like to do crafty type things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 04:16 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
nikongirl24, that all sounds very nice. You have a good life going.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:21 AM

275 posts, read 707,940 times
Braunwyn,

Thanks. I like to think that my life is going well. It's not as though we don't struggle sometimes, sometimes it gets quite tough. But my hubby and I are strong together and can pull through any situation.

Here's what my hubby does in contrast to me:

He is a broadcast engineer/ radio personality/ DJ at the local radio station. Just a fancy way to say, he is a an all-round Radio Guy. He had the on- air shift weekdays every night from 6-midnight, with a request hour @ 7pm. Also does the paperwork type stuffs and local remotes. During the school year, he covers college football, basketball and baseball games from the station. He likes what he does, we just wish it paid more. Here soon though, he may be getting a pay raise!

Hope that helps the "poll".

Have a good one!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment