Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 09:58 AM

1,296 posts, read 2,226,141 times

Advertisements

Sounds like this restaurant, is really a crooked establishment. If I were the OP, I'd quit ASAP. This place should be reported to the police, and the labor board. The OP should even consider suing, for the tip skimming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 10:08 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artwomyn View Post
Sounds like this restaurant, is really a crooked establishment. If I were the OP, I'd quit ASAP. This place should be reported to the police, and the labor board. The OP should even consider suing, for the tip skimming.
Since this thread is well over a year old the OP has probably moved on.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:47 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassiev View Post
I recently quit my job at a Chinese restaurant because I got fed up with my owner/manager stealing our tips. I really would like to report her to the Labor Department but I don't know where to start. I have written letters to the department in the past, but have received no reply. This restaurant also hires many foreign exchange students illegally and I would like to report that as well. No one speaks up about the tips because they are all trying to keep their job illegally. How do I begin this process?
Report the illegal worker situation to INS, not the labor department.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,680 times
i work in a bar as a bartender when i first started working there i was paid in a check every week. Then one day he said he wasnt giving checks anymore he was paying all of his employees cash. Thats been going on for ahwile now, i got a better job and gave him my 2 weeks and he told me we do not do 2 weeks and fired me on the spot and wont give me my last weeks pay what should i do?

Old 05-28-2011, 06:17 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,621,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreyes978 View Post
I have been working for a laboratory for 2 years now, when i got hired i signed a form stating they do random drug tests but it neve said how the employees are randomly choosen, so the first time i got tested i was negative for all types of drug abuse. Now a year goes bye and he ends up hiring my sister. After a few months he suspected drug abuse so he tested her and she came out positive for marijuana, the next day he tested me and once again i was negative. I asked why he tested me and he said it's random which i found weird and felt he was discriminating me because my sister was positive. Now a few months pass and he drug tests my friend and she comes out positive for marijuana so once again he tested me? this was last week and i just feel so violated and now dont even have a drink on my weekends i dont know what to do and feel very discriminated that he thinks just because my frinds do things i am is this right? and what should i do?

No offense but have you ever heard the saying "birds of a feather flock together?" Think about it....

Old 05-31-2011, 02:02 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
No offense but have you ever heard the saying "birds of a feather flock together?" Think about it....
If you hang out with friends that drink and drive does that absolutely mean you drink and drive as well? Think about it........

Old 05-31-2011, 02:14 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,432,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antcappo View Post
i work in a bar as a bartender when i first started working there i was paid in a check every week. Then one day he said he wasnt giving checks anymore he was paying all of his employees cash. Thats been going on for ahwile now, i got a better job and gave him my 2 weeks and he told me we do not do 2 weeks and fired me on the spot and wont give me my last weeks pay what should i do?
That is a really big DOL violation. Report the dip-stick.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:02 AM

1 posts, read 2,421 times
I want to report this employer, they are couples the reason why i report this couples they almost cheated thier nanny, they hire 2 time the first one the wife fired her nanny because she want her to stay home for 7 days and they are not paying her the exact amount, even the second nanny she left because she has a daughter in philippines she cannot giver her allowance because this employer are not giving her salary. you can investigate this couple their address 3281 Euclid Avenue, Vancouver B.C Canada V5R 5E9. Name of Eployer is June and Jovy Duping. Thank you.

Old 09-11-2011, 07:24 PM

1,252 posts, read 3,485,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan Alcantara View Post
I want to report this employer, they are couples the reason why i report this couples they almost cheated thier nanny, they hire 2 time the first one the wife fired her nanny because she want her to stay home for 7 days and they are not paying her the exact amount, even the second nanny she left because she has a daughter in philippines she cannot giver her allowance because this employer are not giving her salary. you can investigate this couple their address 3281 Euclid Avenue, Vancouver B.C Canada V5R 5E9. Name of Eployer is June and Jovy Duping. Thank you.
Try your LOCAL government labor agency directly. They will not see your post here.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:48 PM

2 posts, read 3,787 times
I know someone who works in a restaurant here in NJ & is being treated very unfair! It's not just one person but it's the entire kitchen staff that is being mistreated. For instance; paychecks are never ontime, every Friday they are told to come back to pick up their pay & sometimes the manager isn't there to pay them. They have to wear white shirts but only will provide 2, so if they cant wash them they just wear dirty shirts. I know if I saw the cook in a nasty shirt I wouldn't eat there. They are working at least 50 hrs a week & are not getting paid for them! & correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Sunday was considered time & 1/2. Well the staff was told management doesn't have to pay them so the staff is basically working for free!!!! So not fair! What kind of establishment is this & what can these employees do to fight poor management? They are CLEARLY robbing them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment