Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2009, 09:22 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times

Advertisements

A former co-worker put their house on the market and sent a mass e-mail with a link to the listing--I was one of the recipients.

I looked through the photos and saw several high value items which I know belonged to the company we both used to work for, that this person didn't have permission to take, and specifically one item that had been written out of inventory as a loss when it came up missing. This is not an item you can go into any store to buy and not an item the average consumer has in thier home. Probably $20K or more in stuff. I'm not talking about a coffee mug, pens, or a calculator. I'm talking electronics and such.

Neither of us work there anymore, but it sure made me look at the former coworker differently. The weirdest part is that this guy was always trying to uncover employee theft--now I know why, to throw the track off himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 09:49 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,489,872 times
I have heard many times that the guy to go to for the "items that fell off the truck" was the head of loss prevention.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:05 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
A former co-worker put their house on the market and sent a mass e-mail with a link to the listing--I was one of the recipients.

I looked through the photos and saw several high value items which I know belonged to the company we both used to work for, that this person didn't have permission to take, and specifically one item that had been written out of inventory as a loss when it came up missing. This is not an item you can go into any store to buy and not an item the average consumer has in thier home. Probably $20K or more in stuff. I'm not talking about a coffee mug, pens, or a calculator. I'm talking electronics and such.

Neither of us work there anymore, but it sure made me look at the former coworker differently. The weirdest part is that this guy was always trying to uncover employee theft--now I know why, to throw the track off himself.

I like Onion Rings better than French Fries

Old 10-01-2009, 07:10 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,465,801 times
When I was a waitress at TGI Fridays and would go to other employees houses, their entire kitchen was always decked out in TGI Fridays dishes, forks, knives, glasses, steaks in the freezer and even the fake desserts you see out in the foyer. I never steal anything from employers so I was always just flabbergasted. The biggest thief was the Head Waitress.

Yours sounds more high dollar.

Old 10-02-2009, 09:50 AM

88 posts, read 143,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post

You COULD forward the Email to other people that you worked with and let them notice it on their own...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I like Onion Rings better than French Fries
Mmm... onion rings...

Old 10-02-2009, 10:11 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
I have heard many times that the guy to go to for the "items that fell off the truck" was the head of loss prevention.
Isn't that the truth.

Our regional Loss Prevention guy for a company I used to work with (who, incidentally was the one who fired me for theft, but never actually told me what I stole, or even if I did anything wrong...but since I didn't confess he fired me?) ended up getting caught embezzeling a lot of money and running a fairly elaborate shipping scheme which let him steal all kinds of stuff. I'm sure I was just a scape goat for him.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:17 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorWho View Post
You COULD forward the Email to other people that you worked with and let them notice it on their own...
The company was sold and I'm not sure the new owners would really care, as it doesn't affect them. If I was still working there under the original owners, I think I'd be just as guilty for not saying something.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:25 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
It strikes me these folks aren't too bright. Check out the address list on that email. I wonder who else was on the list? Maybe the people who own the stolen stuff?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment