Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 06:31 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,490,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I work in a long-term care/rehab facility where certain patients are deemed Fall Risks. For them, we attach a tab alert, to alert us they're trying to get out of bed or their wheelchair. Sometimes they're not tying to get out of bed at all, they moved in bed and this screeching alarm goes off down the hall, waking everybody else up on the floor.

And the G-tubes. If they run dry or there's a kink in them, they beep loud enough so you can hear it from one end of the hall to the other.

And the IV machines. They run dry, it can be as annoying and irritating as the G-tubes.

I feel sorry for their roommates and neighbors who were sleeping so soundly, and have to endure that torture.
Those alarms are so annoying. Most of the time they go off in my clinic, someone has just leaned forward and it just won't shut off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 10:17 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
The sound that drives me nuts is the lady in the cubicle next to me who clears her throat every minute....constantly....it never goes away. 8-10 hour workdays of hearing ERR-ERR-ERR-ERR-ERRRRM! every minute is driving me INSANE!!!!!!

Not to mention, she has other annoying habits...she butts into every single conversation and drones on about stupid details of her life that nobody cares about, she also chronically sighs and snaps her fingers. THE most annoying person on the planet, in my opinion.

We're supposed to have a big move soon at work...new people are starting, and there's going to be a big rearranging of seats, I have already requested to my manager that either I or the throat-clearer be moved. I am counting down the days to the move!

Old 12-28-2009, 10:42 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Range Family View Post
The high pitched whine of an avionics cooling fan.

The humming relays in a 400Hz power unit.

The pneumatic huffer that sits outside, and makes a noise that pierces the entire building.

An APU running all night with the doors to the hangar wide open.

After more than 20 years of this, I can no longer listen to any kind of music, and I turn the TV way up.
Funny, as I read this I smiled, then someone started a prop plane just outside the hangar doors. ALL the mechanics started yelling about the 'stupid ass pilot'.

Made me laugh a bit It's one of the very few times the entire maintenance department agrees on anything.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:31 PM

611 posts, read 1,456,385 times
I work in an ER, therefore...
Screaming Kids...not kids that are patients, but the kids who came with a patient. I dont understand why anyone would bring their kids into an Emergency Room, unless the kid is sick themselves. Its like asking for your kid to get sick.

Screaming, Cursing Baker Act patients

The sound of the Dialysis machines

Old 12-29-2009, 02:04 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
The sound of flatulence. It is loud, it smells, and it is distracting.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:43 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,083,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
The sound of flatulence. It is loud,
it smells, and it is distracting.
What if it is an SBD?

... smells ...

Not if it's yours.

... distracting ....

It's more distracting to keep them inside.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:24 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duttygal86 View Post
I work in an ER, therefore...
Screaming Kids...not kids that are patients, but the kids who came with a patient. I dont understand why anyone would bring their kids into an Emergency Room, unless the kid is sick themselves. Its like asking for your kid to get sick.

Screaming, Cursing Baker Act patients

The sound of the Dialysis machines
How does that sound....?

Old 12-30-2009, 08:32 AM

761 posts, read 3,416,144 times
People clipping nails, hawking loogies into their trash cans, and peoples cell phone rings that leave their desk w/o their phone and it rings for minutes on end.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:55 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
People with no people skills whose managers refuse to talk to them about how incredibly rude and jerky they are.

Pregnant women who use pregnancy as an excuse to beg off and get other people to do your job for you. Um...getting pregnant was a choice, honey, deal with it. It isn't like there is any heavy lifting involved in revenue and finance.

People who can't plan at all but expect me to drop everything at a moment's notice to help them...when I am putting on my coat and slinging my purse over my shoulder at the end of the day. Sorry, try me tomorrow morning. If I am asking someone for something at the end of the day it is almost always by e-mail or voicemail and is prefaced with "This isn't urgent, but so I won't forget to ask later, xyz, we can discuss it in the morning."

People with kids who expect me to pick up their slack because I don't have any. Childless people have plans too. And my ringside seats at the hockey game are just as important to me as little Colton or Madison's tuneless violin playing at yet another recital is to you. A recital oddly scheduled for 4pm on a Tuesday, might I add.

Bosses who call you and want you to work from home when you are sick with pneumonia and running a fever of 103F.

Bosses who call you on vacation, or who approve a holiday then get mad if they have a question for you and you don't return their phone call. Because you were somewhere where there's no signal.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:59 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
A woman a few cubes from me makes this horrific snot-snorting noise several times a day. By "several," I mean once every few minutes for a couple hours. SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORT. Just the loudest grunting nose-suck you can imagine. SNOOOOOOOOOOOOORT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment