Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 11:24 AM

277 posts, read 506,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amercity View Post
Not every black person in baltimore and detroit are improvished. If that was the case then these areas would be total slums that would have no econmomy and no educated people. Even detroit which is considered a slum has well maitained areas that are actually livable and baltimore is not that bad outside of a few areas. Regardless i just have a issue when people say its black people who make the city bad,
I noticed that crime or the bad areas are normally confined to certain sections of a neighborhood that probably don't exceed 10 blocks in radius. I'm currently in St. Louis and the bad areas consist of a certain section where some of the poorest black people live. How much the news report on shooting when I went to these areas it was a dead zone. Completely quiet and practically no one on the streets. It was the same way when I went to Minneapolis. People complained about the ghetto and the crime and when I went through the "ghettos" it was a well intact community and not ghetto at all. What made it ghetto is that it was predominately black. The bad area was a strip on broadway right before reaching downtown where drug dealers hang out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 11:38 AM

25 posts, read 36,423 times
I think most of our violence in this country is not solely on gun violence but rapes, assaults, and murders committed by physical force rather than the pull of a trigger. We definitely have a worse crime rate here but that's because we try to make ourselves seem like we're the safest nation on Earth which is completely untrue. In Canada, they leave they're doors unlocked and that's something unheard of over here. By the way, they Experience less break ins as well. America is headed for the worst.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:55 PM

277 posts, read 506,598 times
There was a time when you can leave your doors unlocked. I remember doing it in the smack of NYC in a predominately black community.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:17 PM

190 posts, read 571,549 times
There are no-go areas in Spain. There's nothing barely similar to a black ghetto in Spain. In France they have banlieus, but I believe you can walk there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World