Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: EU or USA
European Union 119 45.25%
USA 144 54.75%
Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 05:18 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Idk didnt a couple guys in Switzerland go crazy not too long ago

Do you guys have Wild West Ghost towns? Las Vegas? Do you guys celebrate Thanksgiving?
Do we need "thanksgiving" or "wild west ghost towns"?

America isn't some kind of land of plenty its a land of corruption, supremacy and greed. It isn't a coincidence that the United States has these gun related massacres in frequent intervals, the easy excess of guns in many states aid these disasters to happen.

The EU is vastly superior to those Southern States that seem to be stuck in the past culturally with bible bashers, gun nuts and white supremacists.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:24 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Do we need "thanksgiving" or "wild west ghost towns"?

America isn't some kind of land of plenty its a land of corruption, supremacy and greed. It isn't a coincidence that the United States has these gun related massacres in frequent intervals, the easy excess of guns in many states aid these disasters to happen.

The EU is vastly superior to those Southern States that seem to be stuck in the past culturally with bible bashers, gun nuts and white supremacists.
I don't understand the random bashing of my country and of course you are spewing ignorant stereotypes of the south.

I was just stating a couple thing we have here that are not in EU, i was not dissing Europe at all.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Poor Norway?
Lol you'll never here "Poor America" when a horrible event happens here... instead its "OMG what a horrible violent country you people live in!"
America is a violent Country though...

Quote:
I don't understand the random bashing of my country and of course you are spewing ignorant stereotypes of the south.

I was just stating a couple thing we have here that are not in EU, i was not dissing Europe at all.
Its not bashing its just the truth said bluntly.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I'm saying poor Norway because that one event has given it an extremely high gun massacre rate, and things like that certainly do not occur in Norway with any frequency. The US is a much larger country so has many more incidents like that. People still feel sorry for the area affected, but it is less shocking when it occurs in the US. To be honest, I'd be less shocked if it happened in Finland too.
Is just seems very taboo to even mention anything about the massacre in Norway especially when talking with Norwegians, also Norwegians themselves seem to not want to talk about it since it was such a unfortunate event (which is understandable).

Somewhat same here, we had a couple mass shootings within a short time period we don't like to talk about but you come on places like this site and people are constantly talking about it and reminding us of it and using these moments to help explain how we are supposedly a crazy violent country.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post

Its not bashing its just the truth said bluntly.
But it was very random, i was talking about Wild West and Vegas and out of no where
"ummm! ummm! well.... your country is a land of corruption and greed!!"

Old 11-03-2013, 05:34 PM

3,573 posts, read 3,804,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by INsync3 View Post
I know your trying to make America seem more dangerous to prove your argument but all you did was make me feel safer...
eh? no. i wanted to debunk the myth that us has more massmurder than europe.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:37 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I'm saying poor Norway because that one event has given it an extremely high gun massacre rate, and things like that certainly do not occur in Norway with any frequency. The US is a much larger country so has many more incidents like that. People still feel sorry for the area affected, but it is less shocking when it occurs in the US. To be honest, I'd be less shocked if it happened in Finland too.
Come on, we've had two school massacres and one lunatic from Kosovo that was jealous. The second school massacre was copycat-inspired, and it's just a coincidence that all three happened during a short period. The last event before these was probably in the 90's when a Danish national shot two cops.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronan123 View Post
eh? no. i wanted to debunk the myth that us has more massmurder than europe.
Not that it makes either place more or less safer...

The Facts about Mass Shootings | National Review Online
Quote:
The chances of being killed in a mass shooting are about what they are for being struck by lightning.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Come on, we've had two school massacres and one lunatic from Kosovo that was jealous. The second school massacre was copycat-inspired, and it's just a coincidence that they happened during a short period. The last event before these was probably in the 90's when a Danish national shot two cops.
I would be surprised if such events happened in Finland, France, UK, Spain etc not so much

Quote:
But it was very random, i was talking about Wild West and Vegas and out of no where
"ummm! ummm! well.... your country is a land of corruption and greed!!"

The way you replied back to my post was as if you were dissing Europe.

Quote:
Not that it makes either place more or less safer...

The Facts about Mass Shootings | National Review Online
The media distorts the truth I agree

Old 11-03-2013, 05:53 PM

218 posts, read 376,320 times
I don't think some people realize that Norway isn't even part of the EU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World