Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2013, 06:19 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler86 View Post

Why is this world fascination with the blondes? Chinese/Japanese/Korean people take pictures at them as if they were exotic animals and smile/stare at them all the time.
As for me, I prefer brunnettes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 08:16 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,188,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
Here is an Norwegian poker player champion. I can't find anything but Norwegian ancestry for him. As I said before there are darker people in all populations. His name is Johnny Lodden.
I believe he is half-Asian.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:31 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,471,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
I believe he is half-Asian.
Well that wouldn't surprise me but I can't find anything other than him being Norwegian.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:53 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,471,368 times
Well just in case that other guy is not full Norwegian here is a Norwegian football player. I know he is not in the majority but this is just to show there are darker types in the Scandinavian population

http://gfx.nrk.no/RWDco6RbduUyxKMBct...klTIBMoXYA.jpg

Last edited by Rozenn; 12-09-2013 at 05:39 PM.. Reason: Copyright issues

Old 12-09-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Well just in case that other guy is not full Norwegian here is a Norwegian football player. I know he is not in the majority but this is just to show there are darker types in the Scandinavian population
Of course you will find native Norwegians with dark hair and brown eyes.

Old 12-09-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
That is Martin Andressen. A former football player and (unsuccessful) coach.

Some other examples:
Vegard Ylvisåker (comedian)
Pia Tjelta (actress)
Isabella Martinsen (weather woman)
Nicolai Cleve Broch (actor)

On the other side of the spectrum - the über blondes:
Therese Johaug (cross-country skier)
Cathrine Larsåsen (pole vaulter)
Anne Rimmen (TV host)
Julie Strømsvåg (TV host)
Silje Sandmæl (economist / TV host)
Vinni (rapper)

Old 12-09-2013, 01:25 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
What a miracle! All Nordics aren't blonde!

Old 12-09-2013, 08:00 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,432,149 times
Quote:
The same applies to british islanders in general. As I said many times blondism is noticeable commoner among central-eastern europeans than Among british Islanders and the Irish who heavily tend towards the mousy and darkbrown hair color among their native populations.

I wouldnt say British and Irish look mediterranean as a whole but they surely have some sort of looks I would class as Atlantic/Western/pheriperal european which is considerably different rom the Nothern scandinavian and the southern scandianvian/continental germanic-nordic.
Here is a group of dental students from Dublin. They are fairly representative. Most Irish are not particularly dark brown but more on the light to medium brown spectrum. There is a significant amount of people with dark brown hair but not the majority. Unless your idea of dark is different to mine. Look at the men's hair that is the most common colour.

http://www.dentalhospital.ie/wp-cont...e-2012-131.jpg[/quote]

You are right, what you said can actually be supported by scientific evidence unlike what some who base it on no concrete evidence rather their own biased opinions. The majority of Irish people do not have dark brown hair, just as other Europeans outside of Southern Europe. This is why in America, terms such as "Black Irish" came about, because obviously Irish who were really dark-haired stood out, and yet still many had "piercing blue/brilliant blue" eyes to combine with it. What's humorous is that "Traveller 86" quotes that "blondism is commoner among central-eastern Europeans than among British and Irish people" is a lie and thus incorrect. This is scientific and reliable evvidence to prove it and recent.

Genome-Wide Association Studies of Quantitatively Measured Skin, Hair, and Eye Pigmentation in Four European Populations.
Published: October 31, 2012
To more comprehensively characterize skin, hair, and eye pigmentation in Europeans, we obtained both subjective categorical and objective quantitative measurements of skin, hair, and eye color in participants from four European countries: Ireland, Poland, Italy, and Portugal. These countries, located near the geographical extremes of Europe, were chosen to capture a large fraction of European phenotypic variation.
In our sample, individuals from Northern European countries (Ireland, Poland) have on average lighter hair pigmentation than individuals from Southern European countries (Italy, Portugal). The distributions in males are similar to those in females in all countries except Ireland, where, in our sample, males have darker hair color than females (not shown).

I'm only showing the conclusions:
For skin color-
Most significant is the difference in skin pigmentation between Ireland and the other countries: Irish participants have lighter skin pigmentation than Polish, Italian, and Portuguese participants.

For hair color-Similarly to skin pigmentation, Irish participants have the lightest hair pigmentation of all groups.

For eye color- Like skin and hair pigmentation, Irish participants have the lightest eye pigmentation on average.
Poland is located in central-eastern Europe, was found to be less blonde than Ireland![/quote]

Old 12-09-2013, 08:04 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
anglo cultures are not obsessed with blondes the entire world is obsessed with blondes. its not about hair its not even about relationships or beauty. its about the trophy girl.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:32 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post

I think many men in non anglo cultures think blondes are angels

Maybe this all started about 1,400 years years ago by Pope Gregory I who had homosexual tendancies if not completely gay himself. He reigned around the year 600 CE.

When visiting the slave market in Rome (yes, slavery thrived even after the Christians took over the Roman Empire), the Pope was astonished by the beauty of a new shipment handsome blond haired blue eyed young men. He demanded to know where these pretty boys were from and was told they were Angles (Anglii) from Britain. The Pope famously replied:

"Non Angli, sed Angeli!" - "Not Angles, but Angels!"

To learn more google Non Angli, sed Angeli

(I wonder how many of these blond hunks the Pope purchased for his own pleasure that of his buddies who were bishops and cardinals?)

Last edited by Clark Park; 12-09-2013 at 08:32 PM.. Reason: punctuation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World