Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 9 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,921,991 times

Advertisements

My Top 15 favorite Websites in List format:

CD
Xanga
Yelp
Flickr
Listography
Facebook
Netflix
Youtube
Livejournal
Blogger
Google
Wikipedia
Aol
Yahoo
Kayak

Top 15 Websites Brief Summary Explanation:

CD: This website for plenty of reasons. My favorite forums for posting in World, Europe, Asia, Great Debates, Urban Planning, Psychology, Philosophy, Writing, Books, Music, Photography, Other Topics, Shopping/Consumer Products, Foods/Drinks, Science/Technology.

CD is Entertaining, Very Accessible: Easy to Use, Well Organized, Impressive Features, About Plenty of Important Topics, People from All Over the World posting in CD website. Becoming More Popular, and Prominent Over Time.

Xanga:
Life Blogging Website. Customized Profile Settings, Unique Theme Layout, People Usually Write About Events in Their Lives.

Xanga used to be very popular 5 years to 10 years ago. However, for some unknown reason it was less popular recently. Unfortunately, Xanga website literally collapsed and just unbelievable what happened to there. The same website is now going through a new phase where its changing too much for me to ever want to post there in recent times.

Yelp:
A website to talk about Local Places Anywhere in the World. Very Encouraging, Impressive Web Layout Design Making People Want to Post More. However, Yelp needs to expand and include more international places all over the world.

Flickr:
International Photography website. Photos from all over the world.

Listography: A Website Basically for having up Important Lists. Customized Theme Layout.

Facebook: Popular Social Networking Site. I prefer the old Facebook layout from a few years ago. However, it continues to be easy to use, and encouraging to use and post there.

Netflix: Collect Foreign, Independent movies to watch and they mail those movies to home for a cheap price.

Youtube:
An endless amount of videos for almost any topic imaginable. A well organized format to find a video very easily.

Livejournal: Life Blogging website, and with a very different format compared to Xanga, and includes more characteristics in this website. In theory, Livejournal seems amazing, but in practice it was disappointing, some creepy or boring people over there, and discouraging to use. Maybe Livejournal is able to change this or become more popular, and desirable to use.

Blogger:
Life Blogging Website. More similar to Xanga compared to Livejournal, and probably copied some of Xanga website. I should use Blogger more when I have enough time.

Google: Well, everyone in the world should have endless love for Google for plenty of reasons. The ultimate information search engine for almost all imaginable topics. Google includes the impressive features of Google images to look for photos, Google maps to view or find a local place, Google satellite to actually see those exact places, and Google translator to instantaneously translate words, paragraphs, and essays from one language to another language.

Wikipedia: Information Search Engine, Research, Free Internet Encyclopedia, over 30 million edited, multilingual articles for almost any important topic.

AOL: I just use this for general email purposes. The email part of the website is efficient, interesting, and easy to use for email. However, most of the media aspect of the website is horrible and to avoid.

Yahoo: Same Explanation compared to Aol. Yahoo seems more recent, Flickr is affiliated with Yahoo, and Yahoo becoming more prominent.

Kayak: I almost always get my travel airplane tickets from Kayak, and at the most affordable price. Well organized for selling airplane tickets, and showing any international air travel route possibilities.

Basic Summary: This makes complete sense why I am getting one of my double majors in Computer Information Technology: Web Developing, Information Administration, other than Architecture for my college student years of my life right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 07:32 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Wolfram Alpha is the best
Wolfram|Alpha: Examples by Topic

Old 10-06-2013, 07:43 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,537,247 times
Quality Outdoor Gear, Equipment & Clothing - Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC). Free Shipping Available.

Honestly can't think of any other exclusively Canadian websites, other than the fixed versions of eBay and all that. As for favourite websites: pretty normal for North America, I guess. This one, Facebook, Twitter, Lonely Planet's Thorn Tree Forum, and Home - TheDromomaniac.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World