Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 04:27 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,848,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
If you're talking to me, no I am not saying that. I only chose the Vietnam example but I agree that Iraq was a complete and total disastrous failure. Here was a country where there were no terrorist. Today it's the number one terrorist hot spot. Afghanistan was lost from the beginning.
No I am talking to ThePage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2015, 07:12 PM

723 posts, read 806,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Quote:
paull805
You telling me Iraq or Afghan was won?

Jesus Christ. War is one of those things where every ignoramus and his brother is an expert.

You lost. We, Britain, lost. Korea is still basically in a state of war. Are Americans seriously deluded?
... I am talking to ThePage.
The U.S and its allies did not lose any war in Iraq as we were successful in overcoming the might of the Iraqi army. What did not work was the " after Saddam agenda". We missed that point for relying too much on Al Maliki the former iraqi prime minister. The latter failed in being a political leader for spending all his time seeking revenge against the Sunni. The political failure of AL Maliki is not a military failure of the allied forces.

Afghanistan war was won. Yes, it was. Why ?
Well, where are the Taliban? are they in Kabul sheltering Osama Bin Laden ? No.
And make no mistake, this war was a just war as the suckers out there were dreaming to send more radical Muslims attack America.

Korea
The war in Korea was too costly and could have been avoided.But All things considered North Korea did not win and we didn't lose .As matter of fact the Panmunjong documents never stated that the U.S lost that war.

Vietnam
The U.S pulled out to stop the growing number in civilian death.

Old 02-21-2015, 07:16 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
War? lol. a military engagement is not a war... want to see real war? well go into a time machine and go visit Europe

Old 02-21-2015, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Are Americans seriously deluded?
Well...... got my answer

Old 02-21-2015, 09:28 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
War? lol. a military engagement is not a war...
What an embarrassingly daft statement!

Quote:
Examples Word Origin
noun
a conflict carried on by force of arms, as between nations or between parties within a nation; warfare, as by land, sea, or air.
a state or period of armed hostility or active military operations:
The two nations were at war with each other.
a contest carried on by force of arms, as in a series of battles or campaigns:
the War of 1812.
armed fighting, as a science, profession, activity, or art; methods or principles of waging armed conflict:
War is the soldier's business.
active hostility or contention; conflict; contest:
War | Define War at Dictionary.com

Old 02-22-2015, 07:27 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
Quote:
You telling me Iraq or Afghan was won?

Jesus Christ. War is one of those things where every ignoramus and his brother is an expert.

You lost. We, Britain, lost. Korea is still basically in a state of war. Are Americans seriously deluded?
The U.S. lost Korea and Vietnam, but Iraq and Afghanistan? No. You can't technically lose a war if you don't set victory conditions... or move the victory conditions around to suit the exit strategy. Pretty clever.

Old 02-22-2015, 09:37 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
The U.S. lost Korea and Vietnam, but Iraq and Afghanistan? No. You can't technically lose a war if you don't set victory conditions... or move the victory conditions around to suit the exit strategy. Pretty clever.
The conditions in Iraq was the fight terrorism. That has obviously failed.

Old 02-22-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
The conditions in Iraq was the fight terrorism. That has obviously failed.
Snap

Old 02-22-2015, 09:54 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times
The US and allies succeeded in overthrowing Saddam, allowing IS to be what they are today. So ultimately they failed, because Iraq is worse now than ever. The end goal was to make Iraq stable, safe and secure - better luck next time.

Old 02-22-2015, 12:52 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Quote:
Well...... got my answer
Quote:
What an embarrassingly daft statement!

War | Define War at Dictionary.com
Before replying to me with smartass replies at least know that i was talking about declaration of war, we haven't declared war in decades....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World