Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 06:54 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,536,326 times

Advertisements

Colombia*

Old 05-13-2015, 06:55 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
No...It sounds like she knows that you are her competition. Personally....I am older so I wouldn't be partying like you are describing....But...In my opinion, you are not doing anything but being yourself. Your friend is correct, ignore her. You cannot please everyone.

She wants you to react to her telling you these things, ....so that you will look angry to the others....and perhaps be less attractive to them because she is actually being mean herself by criticizing you...she is trying to get attention. She knows you are getting attention by being fun loving...she is jealous.

But, in honesty...by being just yourself...and ignoring her hateful comments you are rising above her in all others eyes...Be yourself...be young and have fun while you are volunteering.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:35 PM

16,073 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Please, can we do away with the myth that every time someone doesn't like someone else or disapproves of their lifestyle that it must be a case of jealousy? Maybe she just doesn't like the OP because her modesty is offended, or she thinks the OP is too frivolous, or too self absorbed, or too condescending or who know what.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:12 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,260,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Bwahaha like anyone here cares if you agree LOL.

In the USA, if you're a citizen, you're American, simple as that. The USA does not have all of these cultural or God knows whatever else is used elsewhere. Americans are White, Black, Yellow and Brown. You can be born elsewhere and become a citizen and be just as American as I am. Whether it's ok with you or not, that's how it is.
Not exactly multicultural are you now? You go on like you are SO open and ever SO tolerant of other peoples views BUT lord almighty heaven above if anyone dares to have a disagreement with you well let me tell you they need to be ready to be treated like absolute dirt!

Its funny because i've noticed this alot from people from the LEFT, you know Liberals etc who pretend that they are so tolerant of everyone but if it comes to someone whos from the RIGHT all hell breaks loose. I will not bide anymore of my time to you, I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt but that DISGUSTING comment has ruined it.

Last edited by Rozenn; 05-18-2015 at 01:20 PM.. Reason: Rude

Old 05-13-2015, 09:35 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not the Maginot Line View Post
Something about this thread doesn't seem right. And I'm not taking the bait.
Yep. Sounds like made up male fantasies. I'm starting to think "Irene" is some Middle school boy probably typing from a basement in Michigan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
This sounds to me sort of a knock-off version of Big Brother, some social experiment the African style, naked dudes and naked gurls teasing each other, somebody likes person x and this person x is also liked by somebody else and so on. Fishy.
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
From just hearing your point of view, she sounds like a complainer or someone who is uncomfortable with the situation she finds herself in. As a general rule regarding nudity, most Americans or more uptight than Europeans and Israelis. I'm working in South America (Peru) and they seem at least as uptight as Norte Americanos from what I've seen but not sure how that compares with Columbia.
Colombia is the same. Nudity is not common there except for strip clubs or models/actresses on tv or magazines.

Last edited by Sugah Ray; 05-13-2015 at 09:46 PM..

Old 05-13-2015, 09:35 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
Not exactly multicultural are you now? You go on like you are SO open and ever SO tolerant of other peoples views BUT lord almighty heaven above if anyone dares to have a disagreement with you well let me tell you they need to be ready to be treated like absolute dirt!

Its funny because i've noticed this alot from people from the LEFT, you know Liberals etc who pretend that they are so tolerant of everyone but if it comes to someone whos from the RIGHT all hell breaks loose. I will not bide anymore of my time to you, I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt but that DISGUSTING comment has ruined it. How dare you say that!
You're still not getting it. You know when you hear someone say, "don't take it personally"? In this case, take it personally. What I'm saying is not how I think of other people in general. My response was custom made specifically for you and you only.

Last edited by Rozenn; 05-18-2015 at 01:20 PM.. Reason: Orphaned

Old 05-13-2015, 09:43 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
Thanks for hijacking the thread. I actually mean it. LOL

Old 05-13-2015, 10:00 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post

Its funny because i've noticed this alot from people from the LEFT, you know Liberals etc who pretend that they are so tolerant of everyone but if it comes to someone whos from the RIGHT all hell breaks loose. I will not bide anymore of my time to you, I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt but that DISGUSTING comment has ruined it. How dare you say that! You nasty piece of work!!!
now that stuff is just human nature, no not everyone is like that but yeah its just human nature... doesn't matter where you lean politically.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:16 PM

2,661 posts, read 5,471,368 times
I don't think it comes down to the girl being American. I just think it is a personality clash. We can't get on with everyone.

I won't comment on the other aspects e.g. swimming naked as that just opens up a whole can of worms.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:25 PM

12 posts, read 9,824 times
Ok, in order to give an honest opinion,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World