Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2015, 11:13 AM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Irene, come here, and I will show you the sun and stars. A tropical flower in the hands of an ice-cold determined northerner with a burning heart full of fire, I will give you the experience of your life. I'll find your "Northern Star", and we'll have a blast full of rugged passion.

Ok?
Oh look at that.
Dostoyevsky in the making.
War and Peace.

Old 05-14-2015, 11:40 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,799,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Oh look at that.
Dostoyevsky in the making.
War and Peace.
That's how I roll.

Last edited by Ariete; 05-14-2015 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: HJK - IFK M 1-0, FF Jaro - FC Lahti 1-1

Old 05-14-2015, 11:47 AM

24,508 posts, read 10,825,052 times
Irene's imagination found a muse again.

Old 05-14-2015, 12:20 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,926,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
I have nothing to prove to you

así que despeguela pues querido, que es que se esta volviendo ya pues como pesadito!

there... happy?
For someone who is of supposedly higher socio-economic status in Colombia, the choice of words is very colloquial

Old 05-14-2015, 12:25 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,839,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
For someone who is of supposedly higher socio-economic status in Colombia, the choice of words is very colloquial
I wish I held a high socio-economic status

Old 05-14-2015, 12:29 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,926,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvtraveler View Post
Most of my friends and inlaws are Latin American and I agree. The prospect of a female swimming nude with a bunch of guys would be seen as rather disgusting by most, if not all of them. Some Latino cultures are a little more liberal than others, yes, but I have an extremely hard time believing this type of behavior would be seen as "typical" in any of them.
It's not typical in any of them. The oly countries where I would be inclined to believe this would be Spain and Brazil, and even in Brazil that's mostly limited to only Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, and again, would most likely be people who are upper middle class and up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
I can't comment on Latina behavior as I am not Latino. However, the only reason I am inclined to believe at least part of what she's saying is because almost all of my friends are female. A couple of them are hot and I have seen them receive this exact behavior Irene describes from other females.

Now, it is my impression that most Latino cultures tend to be more on the conservative side when it comes to nudity. Am I right in assuming that?
Yes you are right. But her saying in Colombia women ride on bikes and motorcycles with their legs completely open and skirts flapping in the wind for all the world to see what's under the hood is male fantasy, period.

Most are, usually only Argentina, Uruguay, and Brazil are the most liberal when it comes to nudity. Colombia is a pretty conservative country mostly, she is not typical as she says she is. Assuming she is telling the truth (and she isn't some male troll from the US), then she lives a stereotypically upper middle class lifestyle who tend to do these things. The middle classes and under don't do the thing she describes.

Old 05-14-2015, 12:32 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,839,144 times
I am sorry but in my hometown scooters are kind common and girls do ride with their legs on both sides.... not with skirts flapping in the wind (you added that), they ride with shorts

Old 05-14-2015, 12:48 PM

2,869 posts, read 5,135,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Really tricky this is, as I know what the OP looks like, and she's really hot. Looks absolutely gourgeous. I also know she doesn't live in Namibia, but what can I do? A bit of a tickle.
Ariete, I have to spread some reputation around but... are you the guy at that camp?

Old 05-14-2015, 12:55 PM

469 posts, read 576,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
It's not typical in any of them. The oly countries where I would be inclined to believe this would be Spain and Brazil, and even in Brazil that's mostly limited to only Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, and again, would most likely be people who are upper middle class and up.
I can't speak for Brazil but I lived with family in Spain for a little while years ago and such behavior would have been way out of the ordinary. I honestly found girls there to be quite conservative, even more so than Americans.

Old 05-14-2015, 12:55 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,799,193 times
I am on a camp too. It's called sh*tty-strata

the nationalities are:

1 Finnish (me)
1 Austrian
1 British
1 Taiwanese
1 French
1 Estonian
1 Russian
1 elephant

I've noticed a pattern

We usually discuss current events, but the Taiwanese keeps yapping all the time how miserable, depressing and ugly Taiwan is. All the time. Then the Austrian comes along and shoots down all arguments with facts and like pdf files. It's annoying. The Austrian likes beer, and that is good.

The British one is gay and he always keeps telling that he doesn't care about anything except not being skinny or a fatso. He flexes his muscles every night in front of a mirror.

I'm quite the painter, so I painted a picture of the scenery one evening. The French guy came and complained about copyright issues. WTF?

The Estonian is always angry and toxic even when he's not even drunk. Always very sarcastic, which I like, though.

The Russian, 50% of the time I can't understand what she's saying and when she's drunk she tells completely irrelevant stories about some 60's Russian movies. I think she has a point now and then, but I dunno what it is.

The elephant is ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World