Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 06:40 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times

Advertisements

Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

Regarding making fun of Westerners (vast majority are northern European phenotype) that go to Asia, well the truth is 95% fit 3 certain profiles. The socially awkward guy who can't get laid by a woman of his own race and social standing, the anti-feminist and racist with delusions that all Asian women drop their pants at the sight of a tall nose and blue eyes, and the old divorced guy dating someone 30 years younger who's looking for a live-in housemate for a wife. I didn't make this up, sorry.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-13-2016 at 06:09 PM..

Old 05-10-2016, 09:39 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,435,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I'm not saying Europeans are completely identical! YOU are claiming that people WITHIN Europe are identical depending on which side of any MAN MADE border they live! Do you see? MAN MADE borders, your claim that all British people are pale or that all Spanish people are dark is rubbish, take it from a dark haired Britain living in Europe who also has Spanish family members, come and take a look around Tesco's in Crawley one Saturday afternoon and you will see just how in-accurate your claims are!! British people and Spanish people are a MIXED BUNCH, Spanish golfer Jiminez is not any less Spanish than Spanish golfer Ballisteros (excuse spelling) just because one is red headed and one is dark haired! They both look Spanish, they both sound Spanish they both ARE Spanish, the exact same can be said of Spanish footballers Fernando Torres (fair skinned strawberry blond) and Cesc Fabregas. Rowan Atkinson (Mr Bean) is no less English than Boris Johnstone (blond politician) just because because one is dark haired and brown eyed and the other is blond haired and blue eyed!
Smarten up just a little a bit! It would do you a great help, you saying things I never said!! This is what I am saying is that, Northern Europeans ( Irish, Brits, Norwegians, Dutch,etc...) as a whole not individually are lighter-pigmented than Southern Europeans (Spaniards, Italians, Greeks, Portuguese,etc...). This mean, the percentage of blond/red/blue/fair skin is higher in the Northern group than with Southern one. This doesn't mean there are no Northern Europeans who could have dark hair or dark eyes or both. R. Atkinson (British) has dark hair and green eyed, Famke Janssen (Netherlands) has dark hair and brown eyes.
The GWAS study of pigmentation in 4 European countries and found the Northern European to overall score higher in light pigmentation. Irish group was found to be lighter than Polish, Italians, Portuguese.
PLOS ONE: Genome-Wide Association Studies of Quantitatively Measured Skin, Hair, and Eye Pigmentation in Four European Populations

Old 05-11-2016, 01:20 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,029,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Smarten up just a little a bit! It would do you a great help, you saying things I never said!! This is what I am saying is that, Northern Europeans ( Irish, Brits, Norwegians, Dutch,etc...) as a whole not individually are lighter-pigmented than Southern Europeans (Spaniards, Italians, Greeks, Portuguese,etc...). This mean, the percentage of blond/red/blue/fair skin is higher in the Northern group than with Southern one. This doesn't mean there are no Northern Europeans who could have dark hair or dark eyes or both. R. Atkinson (British) has dark hair and green eyed, Famke Janssen (Netherlands) has dark hair and brown eyes.
The GWAS study of pigmentation in 4 European countries and found the Northern European to overall score higher in light pigmentation. Irish group was found to be lighter than Polish, Italians, Portuguese.
PLOS ONE: Genome-Wide Association Studies of Quantitatively Measured Skin, Hair, and Eye Pigmentation in Four European Populations
you said that Catherine Zeta Jones could not be passed off as Spanish, this suggests to me that you think that British and Spanish people are 'different' WHICH IS NONSENSE people from BOTH countries could 'pass' for being ANY OTHER EUROPEAN national, YOU are the one harping on about 'British people are pale' suggesting that there is no such thing as an olive skinned Briton, YOU are the one that once told me that 'ethnically' I wasn't British just because I have dark brown hair, YOU are the one that posts picture after picture of 'blond' Scandinavians and then YOU claim 'that's how the Scandinavians look', YOU are the one that claims that ALL Mediterranean people are attractive, YOU are the one that comes out with stereotypical bollox that has no bearing in the actual reality of European populations, you live in some kind of homogenous 'bubble' the other side of the world with no grasp of reality, this is why people react to you the way they do. You have NO IDEA as to the genetic make-up of Britain is, there are FAR more black skinned Britons than red headed ones and yet we are supposed to take your claim that 'British people are all pale skinned' as a fact are we! Listen - British people are white, British people are black, British people are brown, olive skinned and yes SOME are fair - British people are brown eyed, British people are green eyed, British people are hazel eyed and British people are blue eyed - British people are nice looking, British people are plain, British people are ugly, British people are also tall, thin, fat, short and they all have different types of faces, nose lengths and eye shapes, there is NO 'BRITISH LOOK', a Briton can 'fit in' in France, Germany, Norway, Italy and YES SPAIN TOO! Anybody who thinks anything different to this really do not have a clue!

Old 05-11-2016, 02:22 AM

Quote:
you said that Catherine Zeta Jones could not be passed off as Spanish, this suggests to me that you think that British and Spanish people are 'different' WHICH IS NONSENSE people from BOTH countries could 'pass' for being ANY OTHER EUROPEAN national, YOU are the one harping on about 'British people are pale' suggesting that there is no such thing as an olive skinned Briton, YOU are the one that once told me that 'ethnically' I wasn't British just because I have dark brown hair, YOU are the one that posts picture after picture of 'blond' Scandinavians and then YOU claim 'that's how the Scandinavians look', YOU are the one that claims that ALL Mediterranean people are attractive, YOU are the one that comes out with stereotypical bollox that has no bearing in the actual reality of European populations, you live in some kind of homogenous 'bubble' the other side of the world with no grasp of reality, this is why people react to you the way they do. You have NO IDEA as to the genetic make-up of Britain is, there are FAR more black skinned Britons than red headed ones and yet we are supposed to take your claim that 'British people are all pale skinned' as a fact are we! Listen - British people are white, British people are black, British people are brown, olive skinned and yes SOME are fair - British people are brown eyed, British people are green eyed, British people are hazel eyed and British people are blue eyed - British people are nice looking, British people are plain, British people are ugly, British people are also tall, thin, fat, short and they all have different types of faces, nose lengths and eye shapes, there is NO 'BRITISH LOOK', a Briton can 'fit in' in France, Germany, Norway, Italy and YES SPAIN TOO! Anybody who thinks anything different to this really do not have a clue!
You're being out of context again, it is time to smarten up! My statements do not include those of non-European ancestry, whether in Spain or in Britain! This is about those of European descent or Whites! I hope this is clear enough for you. The highest percentage of blondes is in the Scandinavian countries or why are you jealous when I say Southern Euros are good-looking?

Old 05-11-2016, 02:44 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,022,912 times
Quote:
In all fairness many natives of the continent were dark haired. Caesar and Nero were described as having dark hair. Though not the thracians and Alexander the Macedon, but still - many people were originally non-blond.

Old 05-12-2016, 02:05 AM

Quote:
You're being out of context again, it is time to smarten up! My statements do not include those of non-European ancestry, whether in Spain or in Britain! This is about those of European descent or Whites! I hope this is clear enough for you. The highest percentage of blondes is in the Scandinavian countries or why are you jealous when I say Southern Euros are good-looking?
No, but unlike you I'm just not stupid enough to suggest that everybody from ANY country is either ugly or nice looking, my post also refers to the 'white' populations of EVERY European country, I am not stupid enough to claim that a Frenchman can't 'fit in' in Britain, Germany, Italy, Austria, Portugal, or Greece, or that Catherine Zeta Jones wouldn't 'fit in' in Spain, to suggest otherwise is idiotic. Your posts are xenophobic and full of bigotry.

Old 05-12-2016, 03:28 AM

Quote:
No, but unlike you I'm just not stupid enough to suggest that everybody from ANY country is either ugly or nice looking, my post also refers to the 'white' populations of EVERY European country, I am not stupid enough to claim that a Frenchman can't 'fit in' in Britain, Germany, Italy, Austria, Portugal, or Greece, or that Catherine Zeta Jones wouldn't 'fit in' in Spain, to suggest otherwise is idiotic. Your posts are xenophobic and full of bigotry.
Yes there are differences between groups. Some people might fit in some groups, others won't. That's the way things are. The British actor Cumberbatch looks " very British" to me. I couldn't mistake for another European nationality, maybe American or Canadian. You only get crazy when people say some groups have a look, yeah they do. If if I say that Catherine Zeta Jones doesn't look typically, it's my opinion, see. She looks more French or German or Swiss, but not typically Spanish. You have a difficulty telling between groups, that's you. Nothing wrong with that!

Old 05-12-2016, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Yes there are differences between groups. Some people might fit in some groups, others won't. That's the way things are. The British actor Cumberbatch looks " very British" to me. I couldn't mistake for another European nationality, maybe American or Canadian. You only get crazy when people say some groups have a look, yeah they do. If if I say that Catherine Zeta Jones doesn't look typically, it's my opinion, see. She looks more French or German or Swiss, but not typically Spanish. You have a difficulty telling between groups, that's you. Nothing wrong with that!
Well really, considering he doesn't look like anybody else in 'Britain' I would like to know exactly why he looks British and why somebody from Austria wouldn't be able to look the way he does!!? See what I mean? You are talking rubbish, tell me what it is about me that means I look 'British' and then tell me why I couldn't be mistaken for a German? If we 'British' have a certain look you must be able to describe me to a tee?

Old 05-13-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
No the objection was regarding your labeling pictures of random dark Portuguese and Spaniards as typical. There is a wide range of phenotypes that are common in the Iberian peninsula.
Sure, there's a wide range of phenotypes in the Iberian peninsula. There is no need to oppose that, I have even posted many statements regarding that. However, typical types is what sets apart one population from the other. The higher frequency of very light-pigmented people in Northern Europe would set them apart from others, the higher frequency of brunette phenotypes in Southern Europe would set them apart, leaving the rest of Europe in the middle. It also naturally correlates with geography.

For example, this study by the University of California San Francisco (2014) discusses why the change in skin's barrier set Northern European apart.
https://www.google.com/url?url=https...29jqZlOoE9Cueg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World