Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2016, 04:40 AM

2,974 posts, read 2,816,051 times

Advertisements

As for the whole Mexican judge debacle, i still think American society places too much importance on heritage and that the presence of labels such as Hispanic, Black, White and so on is just divisive and plays into the Republican hands (they have often tried to profit from these divisions). This monikers are used far too often, why couldn't people call a 3rd generation Hispanic or a Black simply American instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Egoist claims he can solve a problem that has no simple or maybe no solution

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...89569793646597
To be fair, it's a similar remark to those who are used by European far right populist candidates but it seems that in the USA they are sticking more than almost anywhere? May it be because the lower-middle class makes a higher percentage of the population or simply because it has no other point of reference aside from Trump (due to bipartisanism)?

Old 06-07-2016, 04:53 AM

2,974 posts, read 2,816,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Gotta be amused at the concern over a loose mouth Trump. He sounds pretty reasonable compared to Jeremy Corbyn.
Corbyn is a far more reasonable politicians. He's spent years as an activist fighting for people's rights while Trump is a man who's inherited his fortune and, even despite that, has had his business file for bankruptcy four times as well as fighting against the rights of certain groups of people. He's a divisive figure rather than a conciliatory one

Quote:
Originally Posted by txjl123 View Post
Trump has no record of serving in a public office; it is uncertain what it would mean to the world if he runs the largest military power, if he's elected as US president. To this date, Trump showed some biased views towards certain race and religion.

Prior to rising to power through election, Hitler showed some biased views towards Jews in his book Mein Kempf ("My Struggle"). At that time, voters did not know what those views implied.
Voters certainly knew more about what electing Hitler implied rather than Trump. Hitler certainly profited from the Great Depression which hit German economy but he had already polled around 3-4% in 1928-29 and had gotten already elected before its rise so i think most well informed voters knew what electing Hitler (who by the way had already tried a coup) would mean but they didn't care anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
CTDominion - although it's not a new war, Trump will defeat ISIS. This is a good thing, IMO.

Other than that, I expect Trump will be more deserving of a Nobel Peace Prize by the end of his term than Obama was at the beginning of his...
Nobel Prize is a joke already, might as well make a shared one between Kim Jong Un, The Donald and Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi

Last edited by improb; 06-07-2016 at 05:06 AM..

Old 06-07-2016, 05:01 AM

969 posts, read 825,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
you don't have to laugh at the truth
Last I heard, the Nobel Committee were asking Obama (politely) to return the prize. Awkward ...

Old 06-07-2016, 06:06 AM

4 posts, read 2,250 times
Sometimes I see him on TV . I know He is a presidential candidate. I don't know who is a good one ore a not good one.

Old 06-07-2016, 07:51 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,936 times
If you want to know what Trump is like, watch Face the Nation. On the show he admits that he's racist, and really dense.

Old 06-07-2016, 09:19 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,900,557 times
Speaker Paul Ryan weighs in on Trumps Racist comments. Ryan is a Republican.

Just wow the Republicans have really lost focus they spend a lot of time trying to mitigate the damage.

But hey! for Trump as long as the world isn't focusing in on the shameful details of his only attempt to "educate" Americans(Trump U fraud) than it's all good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD9zBXJgJgM

Old 06-07-2016, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
As for the whole Mexican judge debacle, i still think American society places too much importance on heritage and that the presence of labels such as Hispanic, Black, White and so on is just divisive and plays into the Republican hands (they have often tried to profit from these divisions). This monikers are used far too often, why couldn't people call a 3rd generation Hispanic or a Black simply American instead?
The precedent is that the ethnicity of a judge should, by itself, not pose any question regarding his impartiality. This is fairly clear, as established in cases such as Macdraw Inc. v. CIT Equipment Financing (described in this article).

The media circus surrounding the Donald and the La Raza judge is a bit more nuanced than this. Trump does raise the question of judge's ethnicity, but what is willfully obscured is the fact that his statement is delivered within a more expansive context of concerns regarding Curiel's affiliations and past activities:

"An appointee of President Obama, he has for years been associated with the La Raza Lawyers Association of San Diego, which supports pro-illegal immigrant organizations." Patrick Buchanan

"Coupled with that question is the fact that in 2014, when he certified the class-action lawsuit against Trump, Curiel appointed the Robbins Geller law firm to represent plaintiffs. Robbins Geller has paid $675,000 in speaking fees since 2009 to Trump’s likely opponent, Hillary Clinton, and to her husband, former president Bill Clinton. These circumstances, while not necessarily conclusive, at least raise a legitimate question to be considered." Albert R Gonzales

Where have we heard this kind of misrepresentation before?

Proposition: "Call for a moratorium on Muslim immigration until a vetting system is put in place to filter out extremist elements."
Media spin: "TRUMP SAYS, BAN ALL MUSLIMS!!"

Proposition: "Criminal gangs from Mexico exploit illegal immigration to enter US territory. Some of them are murderers and rapists."
Media spin: "TRUMP SAYS, ALL MEXICANS ARE MURDERERS AND RAPISTS!!"

Old 06-07-2016, 09:47 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Speaker Paul Ryan weighs in on Trumps Racist comments. Ryan is a Republican.

Just wow the Republicans have really lost focus they spend a lot of time trying to mitigate the damage.

But hey! for Trump as long as the world isn't focusing in on the shameful details of his only attempt to "educate" Americans(Trump U fraud) than it's all good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD9zBXJgJgM
At this point, anyone who attempts to argue against Trump being racist is the type of person who would argue anything just for the sake of arguing and their entire argument will be based on irrelevant semantics. Most of his own party, including two former Republican presidents have disassociated themselves from him. Trump has sent the GOP into complete disarray. Rather than coming up with a plan to defeat Hillary Clinton, they are constantly having to do damage control.

Old 06-07-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
At this point, anyone who attempts to argue against Trump being racist is the type of person who would argue anything just for the sake of arguing and their entire argument will be based on irrelevant semantics.
I was looking for a good excuse to post the following great quote by Dilbert-creator (and Clinton-supporter) Scott Adams.

I think your post did the trick:

"What about all of Trump’s racism? An FBI profiler would assume a person’s pattern of racism would continue, maybe worsen."

"But Trump’s racism exists solely in the minds of his opponents. He has proposed no racist policies and he has no racist acts in his past. Trump opposes illegal immigration. But he loves legal Americans of every color and flavor. He says so often. That’s not racism. That’s more like the opposite."

"
Trump did say Mexicans are rapists. But you’d have to be dumb to think he meant every single Mexican coming into the country is a rapist. Literally no one – ever – has believed all Mexicans are rapists. If you think Trump believes it – or wants us to believe it – you have abandoned any hold on reason."

Old 06-07-2016, 10:28 AM

4,739 posts, read 10,443,387 times
Omarosa (a black contestant on The Apprentice) has known Trump since 2003. Here's what she says:

Quote:
“We have a long history. Donald and I started out in 2003 with ‘The Apprentice;’ and I’m proud to be a part of that franchise. In terms of him running for president, it’s something that he wanted to do, it’s a dream. And I’m a very loyal person. I know him as a friend, as a mentor, as a father."
Omarosa: I Know Donald Trump "As A Father" | MadameNoire

The leftist media in the US is trying to define Trump as a racist when his history shows that to be a lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World