Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 10:41 AM

816 posts, read 996,577 times

Advertisements

I remember seeing a Jewish couple (He was wearing a yarmulke) walking around Amman, Jordan years ago. They looked like tourists. Nobody seemed to care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2016, 01:39 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,350,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dooer View Post
yes, but still from the two, A jew will face less discrimination and perhaps less danger in south america as honestly some places in europe are not very safe for a jew to be walking around (Brussels, Paris, Marseilles, Cologne) and several other cities that are filled with muslims. (Not because all muslims are bad, but because there are components in their populations that are not very tolerant)
Can you back that up in any way? Or is it just what you hear from fear-mongering News outlets?

Old 01-08-2016, 02:18 AM

46 posts, read 43,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecluder617 View Post
I remember seeing a Jewish couple (He was wearing a yarmulke) walking around Amman, Jordan years ago. They looked like tourists. Nobody seemed to care.
Arabs in the middle east are less radicalized than european-arab youths who are in some instances angry, unemployed and treated as second class citizens... (many find in radicalism a way of life)

Old 01-08-2016, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Can you back that up in any way? Or is it just what you hear from fear-mongering News outlets?
How is that fear mongering?

use your head a bit, not everything has to be backed up by the media!

the fact is there is a conflict between the two religions in the middle east and that tends to reflect on the behavior of many radicalized arabs living in european ghettos, a jewish with a yarmulke on walking around some parts of certain european cities wouldn't be very good as far as an idea

Old 01-08-2016, 04:45 AM

Quote:
How is that fear mongering?

use your head a bit, not everything has to be backed up by the media!

the fact is there is a conflict between the two religions in the middle east and that tends to reflect on the behavior of many radicalized arabs living in european ghettos, a jewish with a yarmulke on walking around some parts of certain european cities wouldn't be very good as far as an idea
To be honest, I think that the conflict in Europe that you are portraying is overblown by the media. Is Europe (or any part of the world) completely free of anti-semitism? Of course not. Heck, they even get harassed in Israel. But do Jews in Brussels, Marseille, Colone, ... live in constant fear? Definitely not. The great majority lives a peaceful live just like anywhere else.

Stories of no-go zones for Jews and Christians have been debunked for quite a while now... Irene, I beg you to stop speaking about things you have no idea about. Or else Ariete has to post some Facebook photos of you again

Old 01-08-2016, 07:29 AM

like an ostrich, let's hide our heads in the sand and pretend everything is ok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AltyhmrIFgo

851 anti-jewish attacks in France in one year (All of them reported to the police)

But hey, let's just focus on the bright side of things, that will solve EVERYTHING!

No wonder half the middle east is already taking over some of the most important European cities
1. Too much political correctness
2. Too many mental masturbation with utopias filled with flying unicorns and rainbows
3. NOT ENOUGH BALLS TO OWN UP TO THE SITUATION.

Rest my case.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:41 AM

I guess you should just come to Europe for once and have a look at the bad neighbourhoods yourself...

Same kind of video in Berlin: Ich bin mit einer Kippa durch Berlin gelaufen | VICE | Deutschland not a single reaction. Not even in *gasp* Neukölln and Kreuzberg. I guess the Muslims there are just too PC for being anti-Semitic.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
I guess you should just come to Europe for once and have a look at the bad neighbourhoods yourself...

Same kind of video in Berlin: Ich bin mit einer Kippa durch Berlin gelaufen | VICE | Deutschland not a single reaction. Not even in *gasp* Neukölln and Kreuzberg. I guess the Muslims there are just too PC for being anti-Semitic.
I am in Europe right now and I have been to neighborhoods where women are not safe because of the "local muslims", I also have gay friends who tell me stories of how they're harassed by local muslims!

BTW I am mostly talking about North Africans, since my experience with muslims in Europe resumes to them. I don't know about Turkish in Austria. (I only went to Vienna once and to do tourist things)

Old 01-08-2016, 08:14 AM

837 posts, read 1,258,683 times
Quote:
Arabs in the middle east are less radicalized than european-arab youths who are in some instances angry, unemployed and treated as second class citizens... (many find in radicalism a way of life)
Palestinian youth in the West Bank and Gaza are indoctrinated by their government, through the educational system and the media, to hate Israel (their neighbour) and the Jews.

Old 01-08-2016, 10:58 AM

816 posts, read 996,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yofie View Post
Palestinian youth in the West Bank and Gaza are indoctrinated by their government, through the educational system and the media, to hate Israel (their neighbour) and the Jews.
This may have been the case years ago (regarding hatred for all Jews), but the new generation of Palestinians are realizing that it is not all Jews that are involved in the occupation, but only the ones who staunchly support Zionism. Especially considering the fact that there are large numbers of Jewish-American activists that are outspokenly pro-Palestinian. And Palestinians know this.

And Israel is not their "neighbor", it is their "occupier". Would your "neighbor" put up a fence with barbwire around your house, and restrict you from leaving unless they aloud it? Don't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World