Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 12:57 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,066,378 times

Advertisements

Jews as in they are famous for their many award winners. An abnormal amount of rich people are Igbo in Africa, when compared to the African population that is Igbo and they have a plethora of Nobel prize winners. A famous one is Chinua Achebe this is why I put Jews of Africa in quotes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2016, 01:32 PM

54 posts, read 55,730 times
leave it to americans to think white is an ethnic group

Old 03-22-2016, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post
I think Caucasians have really great architecture, Ancient Greek, Ancient Rome, Paris, London and most American cities have great looking skyscrapers (Usually designed by a Caucasian). There are also tons of really pretty churches. I also really like some of our music. Usually older music, it sounds so perfect to me! We sent the 1st people to the moon, I think that's pretty cool. I also think Caucasians are really good at building important/unique/ successful companies. Like Apple, Miscrosoft, IKEA, Boeing, and General Electric among others. Just my observation I think Caucasians are generally decent people. Maybe not too friendly sorta cold, but once your friends usually people are pretty decent from my experiences at least.

So I notice Asians specifically like Chinese and Japanese have cool architecture. I think they are also good at building companies especially Japanese. They are usually pretty business/money inclined. I mean look at all the Teriyaki shops, and Asian nail places. Money seems really important to Asian people from my obersavations, but they seem good at getting it! Also they are usually really respectful. Not loud and obnoxious in public. I think Chinese and Japanese culture is pretty cool!
americans, french, british are not an ethnic group, nor they belong to the same ethnicities.

caucasians come from armenia, georgia and azerbaijan

Old 03-22-2016, 01:35 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times
Oh, right, positive.

Ok, Finns are really good and creative in classical music.

Old 03-22-2016, 02:13 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,813,825 times
More than ethnicities i would refer to culture. That's the decisive factor, a Finn that has lived most of his life in the USA is more likely to identify with American values and culture than their Finnish counterparts.

Old 03-22-2016, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
More than ethnicities i would refer to culture. That's the decisive factor, a Finn that has lived most of his life in the USA is more likely to identify with American values and culture than their Finnish counterparts.
True

the concept of ethnicity is subjective

what truly influences people is upbringing by their own individual parents, not really ethnicities or races or skin colors.

Old 03-22-2016, 02:39 PM

902 posts, read 1,103,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallol1 View Post
I was only aware of Arab, Ethiopian and South African Jews in Africa, that's interesting .
very few it seems

"Today, the majority of the Igbo people are Christian, although many also retain belief in their traditional religion. Over half of the Christians are Roman Catholic.[132] There are a small population of Igbo Jews, who claim descent from ancient Jewish traders who married their women."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igbo_people

Old 03-22-2016, 02:41 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times
Hmm, yes. I was thinking from an European ethnic-nationalistic perspective. And replied twice, we are good at killing and classical music, and that is true, but it's a cultural and not an ethnic trait. But if an ethnicity is 'White' or 'Anglo' or 'Protestant' or 'Catholic' or 'Asian', the question is quite pointless.

Old 03-22-2016, 03:04 PM

Americans have a very strange way of seeing the world.

USA = Diverse, everyone wants to live there and it has everything the world has to offer.

Europe = only white people, 0 diversity, nothing more than just whites.

Africa = only black people, 0 diversity, nothing more than just blacks.

Asia = only oriental people, 0 diversity, nothing more than just chinese looking fellas.

Latin America = Mexican people all the way down to the land of fire, nothing but mexican people everywhere, from Cuba, to Brazil, to Argentina.

Once you understand that that is how Americans tend to see it all, its easy to understand why they make such bizarre threads like "will Europeans look at me weird if I have thick lips"?

Old 03-22-2016, 03:08 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,015,953 times
blacks: singing, basketball, american football, politics
asians: women, math, karate
jews: so many cool things
arabs: yatagans (hope that's an english word...).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World