Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 11:27 PM

5,362 posts, read 5,139,050 times

Advertisements

In response to the thread about white/anglo saxons doing so well historically (as far as empire building/technology), I thought it would be cool to make a thread about things that either your own or ethnic groups you have observed seem to do really well or have a special gift/talent for? What are some highlights that really stand out to you?

Obviously empire building is not the only noteworthy skill. Sometimes things like perseverance without complaint or despair or really connected families or observance of nature can be just as important.

We could go into the cons as well as the pros, but that might turn more ugly. I wanted this to be a more positive thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 03:53 AM

141 posts, read 147,923 times
Running , (and I guess empire building too)

Old 03-19-2016, 03:56 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,817,796 times
Killing.

Old 03-20-2016, 12:53 AM

977 posts, read 1,011,955 times
I think Caucasians have really great architecture, Ancient Greek, Ancient Rome, Paris, London and most American cities have great looking skyscrapers (Usually designed by a Caucasian). There are also tons of really pretty churches. I also really like some of our music. Usually older music, it sounds so perfect to me! We sent the 1st people to the moon, I think that's pretty cool. I also think Caucasians are really good at building important/unique/ successful companies. Like Apple, Miscrosoft, IKEA, Boeing, and General Electric among others. Just my observation I think Caucasians are generally decent people. Maybe not too friendly sorta cold, but once your friends usually people are pretty decent from my experiences at least.

So I notice Asians specifically like Chinese and Japanese have cool architecture. I think they are also good at building companies especially Japanese. They are usually pretty business/money inclined. I mean look at all the Teriyaki shops, and Asian nail places. Money seems really important to Asian people from my obersavations, but they seem good at getting it! Also they are usually really respectful. Not loud and obnoxious in public. I think Chinese and Japanese culture is pretty cool!

Old 03-21-2016, 10:45 AM

6,476 posts, read 4,077,968 times
Good Post but he said ethnicity, not race.

I think Yoruba take care of their old people better. I haven't seen one Yoruba person in anything like a nursing home and their kids always have the grandmothers living with them to often teach kids different life lessons.

Old 03-21-2016, 08:50 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,072,308 times
Those chinamen make great walls.

Old 03-21-2016, 09:02 PM

10,646 posts, read 16,038,402 times
Dutch: Trading
Thais: Cooking
Igbo: Scamming
Arabs: Invading

Old 03-22-2016, 03:53 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,933,827 times
I think that Russians are good at persevering, surviving, and being able to work together for a greater cause even if it causes harm to the individual. Not only because of the harsh climate, but also because of all the wars and famines and Russia having few powerful friends throughout history still ended up creating one of the largest empires in the world. That being said I'm sure many other ethnicities have this trait. Also Russians seem to be very talented in the arts, there a very few Russians that I've met who didn't know how to at least be able to do one of the following well; draw, play an instrument, sing, poetry, sewing, calligraphy etc. I don't know if it's just a family thing but litterly everyone in my family including cousins from both sides of the family know how to draw, obviously some draw better than others, but all of us can draw a proportional 3D object. Where as many other people I've met have a hard time with it.

Old 03-22-2016, 11:33 AM

6,476 posts, read 4,077,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Dutch: Trading
Thais: Cooking
Igbo: Scamming
Arabs: Invading
He said focus on the pros, unless you think scamming and invading is a good thing.
Since you put disparaging comments of Arabs and Igbos I guess I will put good things about them.

Igbos: "Jews of Africa"/ Music and Literature
Arabs: Soccer Commentary/ Building Ridiculously Tall or Cool Buildings

Old 03-22-2016, 12:30 PM

141 posts, read 147,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
He said focus on the pros, unless you think scamming and invading is a good thing.
Since you put disparaging comments of Arabs and Igbos I guess I will put good things about them.

Igbos: "Jews of Africa"/ Music and Literature
Arabs: Soccer Commentary/ Building Ridiculously Tall or Cool Buildings
I was only aware of Arab, Ethiopian and South African Jews in Africa, that's interesting .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World