Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 02:59 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,382,804 times

Advertisements

Ok world travelers lets hear some stories.
When i went to visit a friend in Louisiana, he invited me to go on a alligator hunting trip. I had never done any hunting before let alone alligator hunting. It was muddy and pretty exciting. But the meat was pretty gross.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2016, 03:07 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,817,796 times
I was with my Mom and Grandparents in Portugal when I was 6. We were walking with my granddad on the waterfront, when we noticed a big crowd. Curiously, we went to look what's all about, and there on the street was a young woman lying dead in a pile of blood, stabbed. Ok, not so nice. Granddad pulled my arm and we got out of there.

Old 12-16-2016, 03:17 AM

1,646 posts, read 3,489,002 times
In Germany a person was feeling sick and too bad in a public place and nobody wanted to help her.

In China in a train station a little girl was peeing in a bin helped by her mum, a toilet was 5 metres away. Nobody seemed surprised. In China I saw a lot of people spitting everywhere too.

Old 12-16-2016, 10:05 AM

122 posts, read 167,982 times
I was out partying on New Year's Eve in Alexandria, Egypt a few decades ago with my brother and some British girls when this crazy Egyptian guy started hassling the girls. This wasn't the first time Western females we knew received unwanted attention from Egyptian men, but usually it was just talk or whistling. Thus guy was much more serious and just would not leave us alone The girls were not shrinking violets so they gave as good as they got, which enraged him. As I tried to whisk the girls away, the guy grabbed a rock and hit my brother on the head with it. Fortunately he was not seriously hurt, but I had to carry him back to our parent's flat. The following day, we assembled a group of American and British business people and embassy officials to go to the police and demand action. Within an hour, the police had brought him in. There was lots of shouting which unfortunately I could not understand. Apparently he accused the girls of being prostitutes and my brother and I their pimps. Later we even heard heard what sounded like whipping and screaming. We spent the next two days in various government offices telling our story. Seeing this side of Egypt it was quite apparent to us why Egypt is such an unsuccessful country. The workers barely worked at all and nobody seemed to be in charge. The whole thing was quite surreal.

Old 12-16-2016, 10:19 AM

10,646 posts, read 16,038,402 times
I was kinda drunk sitting at a upstair bar in Roppongi, Tokyo at age 20, a really drunk Japanese lady in her early-60's comes to sit next to me puts my zipper down and start giving me a bj. I let her go on for like 10 seconds before i said i don't want to have problems with the bar owner (huge Nigerian dude) so i asked her to stop, she stands up asking me to follow her outside, i said no not interested and then she left.

Old 12-16-2016, 10:50 AM

8,867 posts, read 8,450,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
I was kinda drunk sitting at a upstair bar in Roppongi, Tokyo at age 20, a really drunk Japanese lady in her early-60's comes to sit next to me puts my zipper down and start giving me a bj. I let her go on for like 10 seconds before i said i don't want to have problems with the bar owner (huge Nigerian dude) so i asked her to stop, she stands up asking me to follow her outside, i said no not interested and then she left.
WTF

That is so gross.

Old 12-16-2016, 11:16 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,795,360 times
OMG I have too many...

The worst was on a train from France to Spain. We were sitting next to some American boys we had met. They decided to take their shoes off to sleep and their feet smelled soooo bad that it kept us awake. I lit some incense and the combination of smells created a stink bomb that spread throughout the whole cart and woke everyone up! Lol

Being stuck on a highway for hours in Spain due to an ETA car bomb.

Being told by a musician in Paris to get up and dance when he started playing La Bamba. I was even handed a hat. Lol

Having a 1 hour conversation in Spanish with an African in Portugal.

Seeing David Hasselhoff pictures, trinkets, everything in German stores and even gas stations. That was the most bizarre of all. Lol

Being ripped off at the Vatican, a 'holy' site.

Old 12-16-2016, 11:28 AM

10,646 posts, read 16,038,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
WTF

That is so gross.
Well she wasn't really that bad looking for her age

Old 12-16-2016, 11:36 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,564,431 times
Sleeping 700 metres from the Concorde crash site the day after it happened.

I took the train overnight from the South of France, and went directly to the airport. I had no idea the crash had happened the previous evening.
I was flying on a friends pass and couldn't catch a flight out that day, so I booked at hotel near the airport. On the shuttle that dropped me off at the hotel, I saw a bank of about 100 photographers and camera crews. Asking what was going on, I was told about the crash.

When I got to my hotel, I had the TV news on and it was of course all about the crash. They showed a bank of trees and bushes the looked very much what my view was.

Later I talked to a guy from Montreal who said the crash site was just beyond those trees and that he and his wife saw the plane fly right over our hotel. His wife was terrified to fly out because of that.

Old 12-16-2016, 11:42 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,902,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Well she wasn't really that bad looking for her age

I seriously doubt it was a woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World