Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2016, 09:52 PM

525 posts, read 454,126 times

Advertisements

What's wrong with being soft?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 09:56 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,395,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon18 View Post
What's wrong with being soft?
Because then you can get punked by 8 year olds in front of 2.5 million people. LOL

Old 06-15-2016, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
ROFL

As for Cotton don;t rhey have a machine to do that now.

Cotton Picker - Wiki
Lil Boosie picked cotton when he got locked up LOL

“Louisiana has the most locked up people in the world, and we go to prison and we still pick cotton. We still got the chain gang down there. Like, the sh*t you saw on ‘Life’ with people chained all down the line. We pick our own food to eat. We got the 3 strikes law. I was in there with a guy who got a life sentence for stealing a lawnmower. Another guy got a life sentence for picking up a chain in a pawn shop that somebody dropped — stolen property, 3rd strike, life sentence.”

Last edited by joeyg2014; 06-15-2016 at 10:33 PM..

Old 06-15-2016, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
And you are proud of that? You should be protesting against your government and whatever company has hired you. That isn't a matter of hard work but a matter of exploitment. You have been exploited and you don't realize it, that should be one more reason to be against the Republican (especially) and Democrat governments who have allowed this to be legal and haven't shown to care for their workers.
Not many 20 year olds could make 100k a year without a college education. It's a percentage catch. It doesn't have anything to do with being exploited.

Quote:
Same goes for your discours on prisons. And no one cares about being hard, you are the only one
Was it easthome or I who was the first in this thread to insinuate another country is "soft?"

Last edited by joeyg2014; 06-15-2016 at 11:15 PM..

Old 06-15-2016, 11:21 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,076,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg2014 View Post
Because then you can get punked by 8 year olds in front of 2.5 million people. LOL
Dude let me guess you would have beaten up those 8 year olds. I wouldn't have gotten robbed without getting the police involved but, no matter how you see it if you hit an 8 year old even if their robbing you, your going in for assault. In America the exact same thing would have happened or those teens would have been in jail. You just can't fight 8 year olds and win by saying things like he 8 year old was trying to mug me.

Old 06-15-2016, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Dude let me guess you would have beaten up those 8 year olds. I wouldn't have gotten robbed without getting the police involved but, no matter how you see it if you hit an 8 year old even if their robbing you, your going in for assault. In America the exact same thing would have happened or those teens would have been in jail. You just can't fight 8 year olds and win by saying things like he 8 year old was trying to mug me.
The thing is how are 8 year olds running the streets there? Lol

Old 06-16-2016, 01:39 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,293,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
No one is being exploited. No one is forced to work where they don't want to.
ah yeah ? so why do people work 3 different jobs 50 hours a week ? because they are free to do so ? Seems legit.

Old 06-16-2016, 02:49 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,182 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Quote:
Lil Boosie picked cotton when he got locked up LOL

“Louisiana has the most locked up people in the world, and we go to prison and we still pick cotton. We still got the chain gang down there. Like, the sh*t you saw on ‘Life’ with people chained all down the line. We pick our own food to eat. We got the 3 strikes law. I was in there with a guy who got a life sentence for stealing a lawnmower. Another guy got a life sentence for picking up a chain in a pawn shop that somebody dropped — stolen property, 3rd strike, life sentence.”
I would rather be out in the frsh air picking cotton than locked up in a tiny dirty cell for 23 hours a day, as is the case in many prisons.

As for Guns, if I lived in some rural areas and certain suburbs of the US I would want a gun, you have alligators, grizzly bears, wolves, Bobcats, Cougars, Lynx, and numerous other wild creatures. This is often forgotten by people from other countries.

A lot of farmers and people in rural areas in the UK do have guns, mainly shotguns but still guns and I am not Anti-Gun, however I don't see the need for people with severe mental health problem living in urban areas to have arsenals of powerful weaponry.

Last edited by Brave New World; 06-16-2016 at 03:08 AM..

Old 06-16-2016, 04:14 AM

1,049 posts, read 1,606,789 times
My question: No other country in the world has the gun ownership rates that we do roughly one per citizen, yet no other first world country has the gun violence and public mass shooting rates we do either. Other countries have successful gun control systems in place.Why don't other countries have these problems? Why has gun control worked elsewhere, but "more guns" is the only solution for us? I suppose that's the whole point of this thread - why is America Different? It's as if the American people have been taught to think that the problem is the solution .

Old 06-16-2016, 06:15 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,029,712 times
Quote:
It just goes to show how 'hard' your average Briton is by the time they are 8, I would guess a 5 year old Briton is probably 'tougher' than a fully grown American pudding, unless of course he has his gun with him, then I'm sure he would blast away at all and sundry in a cowardly panic if he was approached by an 8 year old on a skateboard, notice how Americans don't want to get involved in football because they're scared of the Russian thugs - as usual they leave it up to the British to bear the brunt (just like the wars) before riding in trying to claim some kind of glory after the British have done the hard work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World