Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 05:01 AM

1,147 posts, read 718,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britney-Melbrooke View Post
Never been there but I've been closed to it.... in Romania!!! Cluj-Napoca
The only thing I know about Romania is Inna.

Old 09-05-2016, 05:11 AM

64 posts, read 65,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish & Chips View Post
The only thing I know about Romania is Inna.

TRANSILVANYA which used to be Hungary historically but since the Trianon treaty became part of Romania is a STUNNING PART OF EUROPE.

Ethnically they are Hungarians in a good chunk but since it became Romania at the beginning of the 20th century, the Hungarians have become a sizable minority to much dismay of the Hungarian people as it part of their homeland.

There is a some rural poverty, but it's like going back into a Europe that sadly has died.

you can still see people dressed up like this in their sunday's markets
http://i.imgur.com/z7v35T7.jpg

People are friendly, generous, authentic!!!

it's a stunning place!!!

http://previews.123rf.com/images/jan...tock-Photo.jpg

Last edited by Rozenn; 09-05-2016 at 11:43 AM.. Reason: Copyright

Old 09-05-2016, 05:14 AM

No arrogant german prick staring into his phones drinking starbucks, no fat drunk british women being loud like in london on the weekend, no obnoxious whiney french men running their mouths because nothing it's like back home in france..... no hordes of chinese taking selfies, no Americans saying OMG and dude every five seconds etc.

Hopefully transilvanya will not lose that!

Old 09-05-2016, 06:20 AM

2,631 posts, read 2,050,991 times
https://youtu.be/PItSzsBFNws

Old 09-05-2016, 06:21 AM

3,423 posts, read 4,368,091 times
Quote:
Not long ago people identified with an ethnic group.... Identity was based on CULTURE/LANGUAGE/RELIGION/HISTORY/ETHNIC GASTRONOMY what really makes a culture a culture!!!

Nowadays however more and more people are starting to identify by simply skin colors.

More and more Europeans are starting to call themselves white/blancos/blancs rather than Bavarians, Austrians, Hungarians, Castilians, Sicilians!!

Africans, a people from a continent with so many cultures, ethnicities that not even anthropologists have a clear estimate of ethnic groups number wise are also starting to drop their rich cultures and adopting this ridiculous "black identity" mostly based on US stereotypes from the media.

I have no idea what you mean, this is news to me if Europeans are identifying more by skin colour rather than nationality, ethnicity, language, religion, etc. "Identity politics" is much more of an American thing, as far as I'm aware. Maybe some European politicians and media types are picking up on this for rhetorical purposes, but I'd hardly say its a mainstream concept... I've never known Europeans to be strongly tied to skin colour identity over any other factors like language or region, but maybe that's changing.

The Africans I've known do relate to "black identity" when they're in predominantly white North America, to a small extent, but that's not their primary identity as far as I can tell. They still make an important distinction between religious, ethnic, language, national background... Someone from Côte d'Ivoire isn't going to have a strong, automatic kinships with someone from Niger or Eritrea just because they're "black", although pan-Africanism is also a concept a few Africans are into.

I"m not aware that Asians glob themselves together as "Asians" very often.

Some visible minorities identify with "brown" as a group, but that's never a primary "identity"...

Old 09-05-2016, 06:22 AM

3,423 posts, read 4,368,091 times
Quote:
TRANSILVANYA which used to be Hungary historically but since the Trianon treaty became part of Romania is a STUNNING PART OF EUROPE.

Ethnically they are Hungarians in a good chunk but since it became Romania at the beginning of the 20th century, the Hungarians have become a sizable minority to much dismay of the Hungarian people as it part of their homeland.

There is a some rural poverty, but it's like going back into a Europe that sadly has died.

you can still see people dressed up like this in their sunday's markets

People are friendly, generous, authentic!!!

it's a stunning place!!!
What in the frig? Lol. Yes, older Medieval customs are quaint and have some value. But it's 2016. There's such a thing as a traditional Acadian "costume" in North America, but i don't walk down the street in Ottawa wearing one... valuing a culture doesn't mean that anyone has to be anti-modern or anti-global.

A few years ago, I was in a taxi being driven by a man from central Africa. We stopped at an intersection, and a young guy in a green punk rock "mohawk" walked by. The African driver laughed--he explained that where he was from, there was a historic tradition of young men having hairstyles so elaborate, that they slept with their heads on rocks so that they wouldn't mess up their hair style. Plus ça change, you know?

Old 09-05-2016, 06:29 AM

This is the culture that is taking over the planet!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMs9GzY6vkE

A group of Americans don't have their phones for a few days.

The girl on the video capture is by far the most irritating of them all!!!

Watch her on the following minutes:

00:22 I have a doctor's appointment next week and I think I am gonna have to print a map and makes a face like "OMG A MAP!!". (EXERCISE THOSE NEURONS IN YOUR BRAIN YOU RETARD, YOUR BRAIN HAS THE CAPACITY TO REMEMBER PLACES!)

then on 0:56 She goes to a party and people around her were socializing and she was horrified because she didn't have a cellphone with her so she could look at it and stay occupied. (WELL U WORTHLESS SPECK OF DUST PEOPLE GO TO PARTIES TO SOCIALIZE, NOT TO LOOK AT THEIR CELLPHONES)

can somebody please shoot her in the head? OMG so irritating, she's the epitome of the obnoxious, dumb, retarded typical millennial American!

00:30 I am having physical symptoms because I am putting away my phone. (I WOULD RATHER DIE THAN DATE AN IDIOT LIKE THAT)

1:22 she doesn't know how to find a taxi without having an app on her phone!!! (IMAGINE HER AS YOUR WIFE TRYING TO RAISE YOUR CHILDREN, WHAT A DISASTER SHE WOULD BE)

2:06 Then the irritating American moronic girl comes up again and talks about how privileged she is to have cellphones.... while the more intelligent peers said they actually felt more free than when they have a cellphone.

ENJOY WORLD.... THAT GREAT 21ST CENTURY MODERN CULTURE SO ADVANCED AND KNOWLEDGEABLE IS COMING TO A PLACE NEAR YOU SOON COURTESY OF THE WHITE HOUSE!

Old 09-05-2016, 06:45 AM

that is an adorable post... thanks for the songs

Old 09-05-2016, 07:15 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,837,996 times
Europeans identifying themselves more by their skin colour rather than nationality etc.?

Yeah, right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World