Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 12:37 PM

2,631 posts, read 2,051,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
The poll was done before open enrollment for health insurance started. Wait until everybody gets their packages.

"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor."

"Families will see their insurance cost drop by $2500 a year."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2016, 12:55 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,733,717 times
Please stick to the topic. This isn't the "What do Americans think of Obama?" thread.

Old 10-23-2016, 01:03 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,985,065 times
At first I was really glad Obama was first elected as president, but in time I saw his presidency is an disappointment.

Last edited by other99; 10-23-2016 at 01:19 PM..

Old 10-23-2016, 01:07 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,189,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
Obama:

Abandoning Iraq, allowing ISIS to grow, then sending troops back into what Obama had called a success.
The withdrawal from Iraq began in December 2007 and was of course initiated by Bush.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdr...oops_from_Iraq
In 2008 the American and Iraqi governments signed the U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement. It included a specific date, 30 June 2009, by which American forces should withdraw from Iraqi cities, and a complete withdrawal date from Iraqi territory by 31 December 2011. On 14 December 2008 then-President George W. Bush signed the security agreement with Iraq. In his fourth and final trip to Iraq, President Bush appeared in a televised news conference with Iraq's prime minister Nouri al-Maliki to celebrate the agreement and applauded security gains in Iraq saying that just two years ago "such an agreement seemed impossible".

On 27 February 2009, at Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune in North Carolina, President Barack Obama announced his revision to the original date of withdrawal of combat troops from Iraq. The revision was to extend the original date of 30 June 2009 for an additional 10 months, to 31 August 2010. After which all but a "transitional force" of 35,000 to 50,000 troops would be withdrawn from the Middle Eastern nation. President Obama reaffirmed commitment to the original complete withdrawal date of 31 December 2011, set by the agreement between the Bush Administration and the Iraqi government. President Obama defined the task of the transitional force as "training, equipping, and advising Iraqi Security Forces as long as they remain non-sectarian; conducting targeted counter-terrorism missions; and protecting our ongoing civilian and military efforts within Iraq".

Old 10-23-2016, 01:11 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,189,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
No Puppet, No Puppet, you're the Puppet. Lol, I just couldn't resist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnsW0gSynGs

Old 10-23-2016, 01:49 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,291,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob12 View Post
I'm from the USA and he isn't worth a crap, worst we have ever had
worse than bush the second ?

Old 10-23-2016, 02:00 PM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 4 days ago)

27,185 posts, read 13,469,799 times
In terms of US Domestic Policy that is a matter for Americans, and I can't really judge things like health care and I don't want to even become involved in issues such as firemarms that many Amercans feel very strongly about and view as part of their freedom. As for race relations somewthing you would have thought would have improved under Obama, the US sadly looks more divided now than when Obama took Office.

As for Foreign Policy, Obama was never decisive, he supported the Arab Spring, left Libya to France and Britain, and became involved in helping Syrian rebels only for IS to develop from the vacum left in Iraq and then become involved in the Syrian Civil War.

I don't think Obama's legacy is going to be as great as was anticipated when he took Office, indeed when Obama took Office everyone was talking about him changing the US and the World, however the reality has been very different and somewhat disappointing.

Old 10-23-2016, 03:27 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,369,018 times
1. Canada
2. I'm not really decided on this, I think it will take some time to see what his legacy really is... the assessment is difficult to make, because he was a "lame duck" president (Republican Party in control of Congress, House and Senate). He couldn't push through many initiatives.

One thing I will say... he broke through a huge cultural barrier by getting elected in the first place. Opportunities for minorities have changed, and that's something that can't be ignored, as slow as the progress might seem at times.

Old 10-23-2016, 03:44 PM

2,662 posts, read 1,378,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
The withdrawal from Iraq began in December 2007 and was of course initiated by Bush.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdr...oops_from_Iraq
In 2008 the American and Iraqi governments signed the U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement. It included a specific date, 30 June 2009, by which American forces should withdraw from Iraqi cities, and a complete withdrawal date from Iraqi territory by 31 December 2011. On 14 December 2008 then-President George W. Bush signed the security agreement with Iraq. In his fourth and final trip to Iraq, President Bush appeared in a televised news conference with Iraq's prime minister Nouri al-Maliki to celebrate the agreement and applauded security gains in Iraq saying that just two years ago "such an agreement seemed impossible".

On 27 February 2009, at Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune in North Carolina, President Barack Obama announced his revision to the original date of withdrawal of combat troops from Iraq. The revision was to extend the original date of 30 June 2009 for an additional 10 months, to 31 August 2010. After which all but a "transitional force" of 35,000 to 50,000 troops would be withdrawn from the Middle Eastern nation. President Obama reaffirmed commitment to the original complete withdrawal date of 31 December 2011, set by the agreement between the Bush Administration and the Iraqi government. President Obama defined the task of the transitional force as "training, equipping, and advising Iraqi Security Forces as long as they remain non-sectarian; conducting targeted counter-terrorism missions; and protecting our ongoing civilian and military efforts within Iraq".

Don't confuse them with facts!

Old 10-23-2016, 04:34 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaVWRetR4jg This is where I got the No Puppet reference that I mention back in post #39. Just in case somebody didn't get where I was going with that. That just too funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World