Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 10:26 PM

141 posts, read 534,962 times

Advertisements

Munich is definitely a gorgeous city. It's clean, very organized, has an awesome, very clean subway system to take you anywhere in or outside the city, has beautiful parks, and is very bike friendly and centric. It is a walkable city with great food and a thriving beer and beer garden culture. It's near the alps and some beautiful lakes are nearby like Chiemsee. I'm looking for a job there in mechanical and systems engineering but it's not easy without a good contact, it seems. I've visited many times and I've always loved it there. There is something peculiar that draws me there and I'm sure it's highly subjective. Go there and experience the draw.

Like most European cities I've travelled to the food is excellent. In Europe "food" automatically means "organic" because that is the actual definition of food. There is a focus on walking, stopping for a coffee, taking a long lunch, and not eating beyond being full. Bread only comes hours fresh and butter has flavor. Milk has flavor. Meat is basic and sauces are rich, tasty, and fatty - you just go easy on quantity.

I know in Austria a mother gets a stipend from the government when she births and raises a child there. Vienna makes for a great city to raise a family. I don't know if Germany is similar in regard to children. Certainly Germany, Austria, and Switzerland are right to be in the top 10ish spots. I've had great, but more limited experiences in France too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 01:25 AM

7,778 posts, read 10,166,473 times
Of course it does. There are thousands of western expats who choose to live there specifically.

Old 11-29-2016, 01:37 AM

6 posts, read 3,109 times
I would love to take the name which is best for expats - DUBAI, UAE

Apart from being clean, beautiful and a warm city Dubai is an important centre for international trade. I took the work opportunity & I am staying in Dubai like 2 years ago. It never felt like a new city for me. With locals talking easily in English made living here easy. Hence managing a new home was not difficult as well.

I was always fascinated about the luxury homes, and hotel style living the homes has here.

It was a hunt in the beginning to find a dream home for me. Yes I decided after 7 months of staying on rental to invest my saved money in a residential property of Dubai. From the options of flats, apartments and villas that are so beautifully designed with the first class amenities will make anyone love them.

My colleague suggested villas for sale in Dubaiwith the access to golf community with a minimal down payment and full payment over 3 years.
This point made me realize that I pay around 100000AED in monthly rentals which I could pay to the bank in form of EMI against my home loan and own a property of mine. I am enjoying my life here in my home in Dubai which I will suggest to every expat to do in Dubai.

Old 11-29-2016, 03:05 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,760,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Dakota View Post
Probably expats voted for those cities, because they are entitled to a lot of more money to stay on those holes. A friend of mine makes like $15k a month plus accomodation in Beijing and Riyadh. No normal human being would stay there otherwise.
Actually Beijing is a very nice city except for weather.
It has the best colleges, best museums, best theaters, best infrastructures....of China.
Many foreigners live or work in Beijing, from every country in the world. It has 20 million residents, and is indeed one of the global capitals.

Old 12-21-2016, 02:43 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 10 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,921,991 times
01. Melbourne
02. Houston
03. Madrid
04. Dusseldorf
05. Singapore
06. Vienna
07. Munich
08. Sydney

09. Mexico City
10. Toronto
11. Barcelona
12. Basel
13. Frankfurt
14. Geneva
15. Berlin
16. Zurich
17. New York
18. Amsterdam

19. Hamburg
20. Abu Dhabi
21. The Hague
22. Dubai
23. Hong Kong
24. Kuala Lumpur
25. Brussels

26. Beijing
27. London
28. Paris
29. Istanbul
30. Doha
31. Shanghai

32. Jeddah
33. Milan
34. Rome

35. Riyadh

A vast majority of these I agree with when reflecting the background material. Of course the only exceptions are Houston, Jeddah, Riyadh. They either don’t offer enough highly interactive redeeming features or they aren’t friendly enough to Global foreigners. Other factors to heavily consider.

Why are Saigon Vietnam, Bangkok Thailand, Stockholm Sweden, Seoul South Korea, Taipei Taiwan, Copenhagen Denmark, Lyon Rhone-Alpes France, Nice Provence Cote D’ Azur French Mediterranean, Prague Czech Republic, and Tokyo Japan not on the list!? They have every justifiable right to have recognition on these honorary reputation titles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World