Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 05:47 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Well, China is one of the most powerful countries in the world and it will always make a noise. If you don't like it, buy some ear plugs.
We can't hear you from there anyway, so no need.

Old 03-24-2017, 05:53 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,758,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
We can't hear you from there anyway, so no need.
By your logic you can shut up too. Because you are not heard either lol

Old 03-24-2017, 06:04 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Quote:
By your logic you can shut up too. Because you are not heard either lol
I'm not making any noise. It's you and your snowflake country who is.

Old 03-24-2017, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I'm not making any noise. It's you and your snowflake country who is.
What you said is not even worth a noise, to China.

Old 03-24-2017, 06:13 AM

2,205 posts, read 3,333,156 times
Quote:
Yeah you support South Korea because you think you share values blah blah, but Chinese government and people certain do not agree. That's the whole point.

BTW, do you know many South Koreans oppose THAAD too? In November 2016, a survey showed 48% South Koreans oppose THAAD. A recent survey this month showed 38%.
If common values, such as freedom or democracy, for you are "blah blah", then well... no point of further discussion, hm?

Do you really think I care what the Chinese government agrees on or not? A dictatoric regime, that curtails a wide range of fundamental human rights? Oh yes, almost as much as I value the opinion of Kim Jong Un or Assad...

I know the survery you are stating. Well, obviously the main reason for opposing THAAD is not that some people think it is not necessary, the main reason that they may oppose THAAD is that they fear economical consequences from China, their biggest export market. However it is quite unfair to push Koreans into a situation where they can only choose one among security and economy.

Old 03-24-2017, 10:13 AM

1,982 posts, read 2,090,753 times
Quote:
Yeah you support South Korea because you think you share values blah blah, but Chinese government and people certain do not agree. That's the whole point.

BTW, do you know many South Koreans oppose THAAD too? In November 2016, a survey showed 48% South Koreans oppose THAAD. A recent survey this month showed 38%.
More and more Koreans are getting behind THAAD because of China's perceived bullying and attempts to control the policies of a sovereign nation. THAAD was quite decisive in South Korea, and even though a majority support it now, there was a point in which both sides were more even. China could have approached the issue in better ways but instead decided it was in its best interest to drive public opinion in South Korea against it.

Also, comparisons to China installing a system in Canada and Mexico makes absolutely NO sense. North Korea is, by far, gf's number one reason in installing THAAD, regardless of China being there or nor. Nothing like North Korea exists in North America and both Canada and Mexico are allies with the USA.

I do want to know something from your point of view. Do you believe that, as Douglas Dakota suggested as a possibility, China has systems which monitor activities on Korea, including at least part of South Korea, in ways similar to THAAD? If not, that's fine, I don't know much about the topic, so I'm not trying to push the idea that it does. However, if you believe it does, do you also believe that it is "wrong" of China to do so in the same way it is wrong for South Korea to have THAAD?

Old 03-24-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Dakota View Post
If common values, such as freedom or democracy, for you are "blah blah", then well... no point of further discussion, hm?

Do you really think I care what the Chinese government agrees on or not? A dictatoric regime, that curtails a wide range of fundamental human rights? Oh yes, almost as much as I value the opinion of Kim Jong Un or Assad...

I know the survery you are stating. Well, obviously the main reason for opposing THAAD is not that some people think it is not necessary, the main reason that they may oppose THAAD is that they fear economical consequences from China, their biggest export market. However it is quite unfair to push Koreans into a situation where they can only choose one among security and economy.
"Freedom, democracy" may be truth to you, but it's never 100% truth to me. See what happened in Iraq and Afghanistan, even Russia. Also no political system is universally good for all countries at all time.

But that's off the topic. If you do something to hurt or threat China, China will react accordingly. Why surprised?

Old 03-24-2017, 10:35 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
Why can't you get it.? The radar can monitor missile systems in CHINA. They watch what China is doing, too. In fact some Chinese experts say the main purpose of THAAD is to monitor China.
If this is what qualifies as an expert, China is in serious trouble. We don't need to build a new system to monitor China. We already have spy satellites and spy planes. We've already been monitoring China for years.

Old 03-24-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
If this is what qualifies as an expert, China is in serious trouble. We don't need to build a new system to monitor China. We already have spy satellites and spy planes. We've already been monitoring China for years.
I think they are experts compared to you.

Old 03-24-2017, 10:37 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
That's why it's just an analogy

Suppose Cuba and Haiti have some conflict, and Cuba invites China to install missiles there. What would the US think?
The US would think that Haiti lost its mind by trying to start a conflict with another country when they haven't even rebuilt after an earthquake that happened a while ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World