Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 08:28 AM

27,549 posts, read 28,630,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayVanderbilt View Post
I think he meant the cultural norms of where one always tries to do the least amount of work possible at all times.
It remains to be seen, but I think those things are already changing.

A country like India is actually an advantage partly as a result of being poor for such a long time. Indian people are in "survival" mode. They know that they have to work hard to improve their standard of living. (This is something I try to explain to Americans, but they just don't get it.)

There are also a lot of infrastructure improvements that have already happened - such as highways, airports, high-rise buildings, metro rail, etc. Kolkata, Chennai, Delhi, Bangalore, Gurgaon, Mumbai and Jaipur already have metro rail connectivity. Dozens more are under construction or planned for other cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2017, 04:41 PM

412 posts, read 509,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post

A country like India is actually an advantage partly as a result of being poor for such a long time. Indian people are in "survival" mode. They know that they have to work hard to improve their standard of living. (This is something I try to explain to Americans, but they just don't get it.)

There are also a lot of infrastructure improvements that have already happened - such as highways, airports, high-rise buildings, metro rail, etc. Kolkata, Chennai, Delhi, Bangalore, Gurgaon, Mumbai and Jaipur already have metro rail connectivity. Dozens more are under construction or planned for other cities.
You would think so. However after having personally worked with hundreds of Indian tech companies and professionals throughout the years I can say that I have never once been happy with the outcome of their work. I am not alone in having this experience.

Old 03-27-2017, 05:28 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,471,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooguy View Post
Exactly!

It's a lot easier to build subways, roads, hydro plants, and other infrastructure when all you have to do is throw the residents out. China doesn't deal with these little issues of human rights, responsible government, and god knows any environmental laws. The government completely controls the media so they can also manage the message.

China is a totalitarian country where anyone can be locked up for any reason. India, despite her faults, is still a democracy where human rights are respected, government is accountable, and people have the right to protest.
^this

plus, it also depends on competent and visionary leadership

Old 03-27-2017, 07:34 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,464,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayVanderbilt View Post
I think he meant the cultural norms of where one always tries to do the least amount of work possible at all times.
Laziness is only an issue amongst some government and union workers as far as I'm aware because its damn near impossible to fire them.

Old 04-09-2017, 10:36 AM

2,642 posts, read 1,371,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post

And here Trump's budget proposes cutting rail service to two hundred and twenty cities. Right now America seems to be in reverse gear.

Old 04-14-2017, 03:34 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 3 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,912,538 times
Despite my admiration of the culture, India is too rustic or sociologically backwards. I always wonder why such pragmatic citizens are that dysfunctional. Chinese people are more on focus for what to improve. At least in the best desirable regions. Astronomical growth is also to become rightfully progressive around universal society. To increase technological, architectural infrastructure, and to develop further.

Unfortunately, India is never going to reach the level of China in the near emerging horizons. Another type of situation. Maybe what China used to be back in the 1980s. Much more room to collect the right resources, and move into the future. Essential to have the proper individuals in charge. Giving back to the rest of the national spectrum. China is having more of these useful pulls, and swings towards the even distribution of matters.

Regarding this other topic: Why is India so behind (compared to China?), I fully agree about the discrepancy of systems between each country. Not only political driven. Democracy of India isn’t really supporting the sociological regional diversity. Maybe the root cause is only the lack of economic gripping compared to mainland China.

Simple conclusion! India is another area of economics expression compared to China: “In nominal terms, per capita gdp of China is $7,589, 80th position in world and 19th in Asia. India's gdp per capita is around of $1,627. India's rank in this world and Asia is 145 and 33, respectively. On PPP basis, gdp per capita of China is $12,880 and of India is $5,855. China is 4.66 times richer than India in nominal method and 2.20 times richer in purchasing power parity method.” Comparing India vs China by GDP - StatisticsTimes.com Restricting more growth outside of economics to occur with India. Pinpointing on strengths rather than this weakness is able to amplify increasing value of treasures to India. Ultimately revolving around cultural, demographics, science, infrastructure, national miscellaneous gifts to honor.

Old 04-16-2017, 09:48 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,749,604 times
China has been a secular society for over 2000 years, and religion has never been taken too seriously.
India is one of the most religious societies in the world.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:55 PM

2 posts, read 3,204 times
One day India will become a superpower nation by the advanced technology, Army power, etc... But right now India has some weaknesses if it will resolve within 5-10 years India can become a superpower nation. The projected economic status, Man power Army power is in 1st to 5th position in all over the world. Average age increased so that we can say the hospital technologies increased. The corruption in the country is pulling back... Once it is overcome, then India become a superpower

Old 04-18-2017, 12:05 AM

30 posts, read 25,039 times
India will improve their economic growth but cannot be compared with china. They are world suppliers and this is difficult to change in the near future...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World