Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which one
Bangalore 7 50.00%
Mumbai 5 35.71%
New Delhi 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 11:50 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,381,498 times

Advertisements

Which in your opinion has the best quality of living: meaning, safety, transit, jobs, entertainment etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2017, 09:54 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,195,107 times
I've only been to Mumbai of the three...and I liked it.

But, Bangalore is known as the most educated, most tech-savvy, etc. I'd imagine it must have the highest quality of life.

New Delhi has so many horror stories by travelers...I've always imagined just a very intense harassment factor and very low quality of life.

Old 05-05-2017, 11:00 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
I've only been to Mumbai and Delhi of the list. I picked Mumbai as climate was better than Delhi in my view, though I liked the food better in Delhi (don't get me wrong, food in Mumbai was great, too).

Old 05-05-2017, 11:01 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
I haven't been to Mumbai or Bangalore. However, I have been to New Delhi and it has a number of nice attractions. It also has a lot of upscale hotels. I need to go there again and see more of it though.

As far as quality of living, it's going to depend on your socioeconomic status. If you're upper-middle class, then you're going to have a pretty good quality of life.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:38 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,381,498 times
I haven'y been to Bangalore neither but it's been getting a lot of attention as the "silicon valley" of India.

Old 05-06-2017, 08:09 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
All 3 of these cities now have Hard Rock Cafes. So, that means they all must be cool at some level. :-)

Still waiting for Kolkata.

Old 05-07-2017, 04:28 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
I've been to all three. I didn't like Bangalore ... but, mind you ... I am coming from a foreign tourist's point of view.

I voted for New Delhi.

My favorite small town in India is Manali, way up in the Himalayas.

Old 05-08-2017, 07:41 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,076,154 times
New Delhi right now has possibly the worst air pollution in the entire world, according to the U.N. world health organization. (Mexico City no longer holds that title).

Old 05-09-2017, 08:34 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,689,623 times
New Delhi all the way. It is difficult to find proper accomodation in Mumbai and Bangalore. Public Transit in New Delhi with Metro is better then Mumbai and Bangalore.
If one is not from South India, one can expect to be fleeced by everybody (Landlord, Taxi ) in Bangalore.
Mumbai is a fantastic city but very very crowded and expensive plus many times draconian laws like Forced vegetarianism by neighbours and growing right wing intolerance.
New Delhi - everybody is from somewhere and nobody will bother you. No wonder maximum Foreigners in India live in New Delhi. Pune and Bangalore are two cities in India which should be avoided- expats or tourists.

Old 04-26-2018, 09:28 AM

7 posts, read 7,003 times
Following make Bangalore the Best City to Live in India:

Career Opportunities - Bangalore is the IT hub of India. Even all major startups are being incorporated here. Lakhs of jobs are being created in Bangalore not just in technology sector but all major sectors.

Cost of Living - Bangalore has a reasonable cost of living. Apartments in kanakapura road, nekal, Attibele, Hosa Road, Begur, Bidadi, Kammasandra, Kengeri, Chandapura, Hoskote and Rajanukunte, areas outside the city's periphery are quite affordable as compared to its other Metro city counterparts such as Mumbai, Delhi, Gurgaon etc.

Safety & Security - Quite a safe city. Women can walk without fear during night time also.

Education - Bangalore boasts of top institutes like IISc, IIM etc. and has world class educational institutes from primary education to higher education.

Healthcare Facilities - Has world class medical facilities. Boasts of top hospitals like Narayan Hrudayalaya, Fortis, Apollo etc. all across the city.

Infrastructure Facilities - Has a world class international airport. Bangalore Metro has already started and in future the Metor network will be expanded across the city.

Climate - One of the biggest USPs of Bangalore is its weather. You neither require an AC in summers nor quilts in winters. The temperature hovers between 20 to 27 degree celsius all through the year.

Culture - Bangalore has completely transformed itself into a cosmopolitan city. Today a young technocrat represents Bangalore more than a Kannadiga. You will find young technocrats working here peacefully from all across India and in fact the world.

Food & Entertainment Avenues - Bangalore has some great restaurants and pubs. It is also the first choice for many music and cultural concerts. On a weekend, you can sneak to Kerala, Goa or Tamil Nadu. All are at 7-8 hours drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World