Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 07:05 PM

6,563 posts, read 12,054,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by illadelph73 View Post
Athens. Only thing Istanbul and Dubai share is their respective countries are Muslim. Otherwise, Turkey is like Greece with Islam IMO. Very similar.

Is New York City more similar to Mexico City or Sydney?
Mexico City because of the skyline/architecture and large park in the center.

Is Mexico City more similar to New York City or Los Angeles?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2020, 12:24 PM

613 posts, read 328,147 times
You can make arguments for both but I say the wild card is Los Angeles used to be in Mexico. LA it is.

Is Saarbruecken, Germany more similar to Strasbourg, France or Stuttgart, Germany?

Old 06-27-2020, 11:56 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,498,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittdude28 View Post
Is Pittsburgh, PA more similar to Bilbao, Spain or Chongqing, China?
I’d say Chongqing if looking at it from a distance, though Pittsburgh is a lot smaller.

Old 07-03-2020, 11:22 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,416,366 times
Probably Sao Paulo. Tough one- as Manila is located in an island nation, so I'd vouch for a Havana, Cuba (more than half way around the world, Spanish influence as opposed to Portuguese, and without the mountainous terrain like Brazil).

Is Paris more similar to New York or Montreal?

Old 07-04-2020, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
Probably Sao Paulo. Tough one- as Manila is located in an island nation, so I'd vouch for a Havana, Cuba (more than half way around the world, Spanish influence as opposed to Portuguese, and without the mountainous terrain like Brazil).

Is Paris more similar to New York or Montreal?
I'd say Montreal because they are both French speaking.

Is London more similar to New York or Seattle?

Old 07-04-2020, 08:20 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,416,366 times
^Very true. Forgot about that! I'd say... New York. I can see both, though. Seattle like London are both very innovative. New York has a classic vibe about it. London is both.

Is San Antonio more similar to Santa Monica or San Francisco?

Old 07-05-2020, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
^Very true. Forgot about that! I'd say... New York. I can see both, though. Seattle like London are both very innovative. New York has a classic vibe about it. London is both.

Is San Antonio more similar to Santa Monica or San Francisco?
San Francisco since they are both large cities, although I always thought of San Antonio as the San Diego of Texas (2nd largest city proper in the state, but 3rd in MSA).

Is Tokyo more similar to Atlanta or Miami?

Old 07-05-2020, 10:43 AM

613 posts, read 328,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
San Francisco since they are both large cities, although I always thought of San Antonio as the San Diego of Texas (2nd largest city proper in the state, but 3rd in MSA).

Is Tokyo more similar to Atlanta or Miami?
Miami, both have a vaporwavish vibe (I guess you can take it as 80s nostalgism), Tokyo because 80s was Japan's boom decade and Miami is also a big part of 80s culture because of Miami Vice. Both are ocean cities (Pacific and Atlantic respectively)

Is Saarbruecken, Germany more similar to Strasbourg, France or Stuttgart, Germany?

Old 07-06-2020, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illadelph73 View Post
Miami, both have a vaporwavish vibe (I guess you can take it as 80s nostalgism), Tokyo because 80s was Japan's boom decade and Miami is also a big part of 80s culture because of Miami Vice. Both are ocean cities (Pacific and Atlantic respectively)

Funny, I would have never associated Tokyo with 80's nostalgia since it's futuristic. Anyhow I had to look up those two German cities since I wasn't familiar with them, but I've been to Strasbourg, France. Out of the two I'd say Saarbruecken looks more similar, like in the pictures with their cathedrals. They are also closer in location, and in city populations. They are both smaller cities while Stuttgart is larger, and is more industrial.

Now is Seoul more similar to Atlanta or Miami?

Old 07-07-2020, 09:09 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,040,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
I'd say Montreal because they are both French speaking.
Paris is more similar to Montreal than Paris is to New York but perhaps Montreal is more similar to New York than it is to Paris.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World