Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2021, 05:17 AM

26,928 posts, read 38,250,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
What do you mean by Vaccine Passport. I think it is used very differently by different people.
The question was clear enough to me, and I was able to answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2021, 06:54 AM

9,048 posts, read 3,547,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
The question was clear enough to me, and I was able to answer.
Yes, that's the point. You think of a vaccine passport as something, but it isn't used in the same way by all people. The question doesn't define it.

So what do you mean when you say vaccine passport? The question didn't define it at all. People certainly use it in different ways, there is no doubt about that.

In this thread we have seen it used in two different ways already. Does it mean to you that your movement and "checking in" at places where it is required is recorded and stored by the government, ie like a passport? Or is it just a proof of Vax document? Or does it include whether you have had covid? Or if you have a negative test? When your test was?

Old 08-27-2021, 07:56 AM

26,928 posts, read 38,250,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Yes, that's the point. You think of a vaccine passport as something, but it isn't used in the same way by all people. The question doesn't define it.

So what do you mean when you say vaccine passport? The question didn't define it at all. People certainly use it in different ways, there is no doubt about that.

In this thread we have seen it used in two different ways already. Does it mean to you that your movement and "checking in" at places where it is required is recorded and stored by the government, ie like a passport? Or is it just a proof of Vax document? Or does it include whether you have had covid? Or if you have a negative test? When your test was?
I saw a broader meaning in the question.

I.e. what concrete, governmental measures are being taken where you live to implement a reliable way of proving that you're vaccinated, in order to perhaps enjoy a greater level of freedoms in society than those who are not?

I answered based on that.

Old 08-27-2021, 05:10 PM

3,602 posts, read 2,334,167 times
What we have at the moment here is a digital Covid 19 certificate, which of course can be printed off.
But I believe they are going to link it to QR codes so that it will come up in different colours to show your vaccination status. Not sure if it will involve having a photo.

Old 08-29-2021, 10:09 AM

603 posts, read 577,671 times
Can anyone comment on the Caribbean?

It sounds as if Grenada and St. Kitts/Nevis have outright banned entry by unvaccinated individuals by air or sea.

Unsure about Antigua, Saint Lucia, Dominica, Anguilla, Bahamas, the Turks, or Caymans.

The DR is open.

Old 09-05-2021, 04:31 PM

5,130 posts, read 2,085,106 times
I saw one meme about the vaccine passport and QR code on this French forum. No need to translate since a picture is worth a 1000 words.
https://forum.liberaux.org/index.php...omment-1886052

And one blogger posted a short but interesting rant about the vaccine passport. https://voxday.net/2021/09/05/from-theory-to-reality/ about what UK health minister Nadhim Zahawi said last January in a tweet who's now archived on the Wayback Machine in case if he deletes it.

Old 09-06-2021, 02:04 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,654,496 times
When I got my first passport, in the 50s, I also had to get a yellow booklet, standardized and multilingual, that I was inoculated against several diseases, depending in the requirements of the country or region you are entering. Always yellow, the last time I had to show iw as Surinam to show I had yellow fever vax. I needed cholera vax for Africa, and years ago, almost everywhere for smallpox. No big deal -- at the border you hand them the passport with the yellow card or booklet inside. The stamp is dated with expiry. Any country can require whatever they want, or not let you on.

For decades, Brazil has required yellow fever vax only for northern states. The bus stops at the state line, and if you don't have aa yellow card, there is a nursing station where you get a free jab and a card, then get back on the bus.. No foolishness from anti-vaxers.

The system has worked well for a century, and led to the world-wide elimination of smallpox.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World