Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 06:02 PM

1,264 posts, read 3,861,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiquesmountainapache View Post
I once had crepes at a McDonald's in Montreal but that has been many, many years ago.
McPoutine

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3201/...99001e12b7.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 06:12 PM

1,264 posts, read 3,861,705 times

I think it also depends on where and which McDonalds you are at the time
McFlurry tasted heavenly in hot humid Berlin, but tastes different back in wet cold weather at home

Old 01-31-2010, 06:32 PM

845 posts, read 2,327,631 times
McChorizo in Nogales, Arizona.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:51 PM

61,723 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Yeah, it's right there on the menu lol "Bier" (On the right).
Yep, XoxoX - I already posted my apology...

Old 02-01-2010, 03:52 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,537,231 times
i assume it's still that way, but when we were living in Germany in the '90s, McDonald's charged extra for catsup because so few Germans use it for their fries. (They prefer remoulade sauce, a kind of mayonaise)

I also enjoyed Mickie D's in Holland because they tend to cook beef "rare". I love it that way.

Last edited by Crew Chief; 02-06-2010 at 08:04 AM.. Reason: Capitalization counts!

Old 02-01-2010, 06:55 AM

10 posts, read 27,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irman View Post
In addition to the slightly different tasting burgers form one McD to another, which other country besides Germany sells beer at McD ?
They sell beer at Mc Donald's here in belgium as well....

Old 02-01-2010, 01:12 PM

Default Don't cry - go to Arizona :)

As you can see in this picture, a neon "Miller Lite" sign is clearly visible in the window, as well as a "Budweiser" logo and sale sign.
Photo shows beer promotions at McDonald's restaurant (humor)
Attached Thumbnails
McDonalds around the world. Same-same?-mcdonaldsbeersign800.jpg  

Old 02-01-2010, 01:21 PM

... and this is actually am interesting statement: It is hard for Americans to understand how a kid-oriented fast food chain like McDonald’s could possibly sell alcohol without troubles. However, one main reason why McDonald’s can successfully incorporate beer into its menu is because the German mentality toward alcohol is very different than that of Americans.

In Germany, and all over Europe, it is socially acceptable to appear with alcohol in public. Minors view alcohol as something common and do not usually drink just to fit in with the “cool” crowd.

The restricted access to alcohol in the U.S. was meant to prevent minors from drinking until they reach a more responsible age. However, it had an opposite effect, and minors find alternative ways to get to alcohol. The risk of getting caught doesn’t intimidate teens much. Even though the alcohol-related laws were meant to restrict consumption, it seems like they backfired, encouraging binge drinking and an increased peer pressure to drink just to be more popular.
Perhaps one of the reasons for the difference in perspectives is the substantial difference in the drinking age of the two countries. When Americans find out for the first time what Germany’s drinking age is, the reaction is mostly shock or disbelief. In Germany, 14-year-old minors are allowed to consume and possess alcoholic beverages such as beer and wine in the presence of their parents. At age 16, German minors are allowed to drink beer and wine without parents having to be there. Once they reach 18 and become adults, they are allowed to drink any sort of alcohol such as hard liquor and are not restricted to just beer and wine.

While Americans are shocked with the little restrictions on alcohol consumption in Germany, Germans are shocked that people in the States have to wait 21 years to enjoy their first legal alcoholic beverage of choice.
Alcohol consumption by German adolescents is traditional and generally accepted. This is how McDonald’s can easily sell beer in a kid-oriented setting. If a 14-year old chooses to do so and has the approval of his/her parents, he or she can order a cold beer right along with a Happy Meal. While it might seem like a strange combination, the kid will not be thrown in jail and charged outrageous fines for their alcohol consumption.

McDonald’s serves beer! | EuroKulture

Old 02-02-2010, 07:45 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,188,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
In Germany, and all over Europe, it is socially acceptable to appear with alcohol in public. Minors view alcohol as something common and do not usually drink just to fit in with the “cool” crowd.
Norway and Sweden, for instance, don't have a continental drinking culture.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:44 AM

221 posts, read 535,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
Norway and Sweden, for instance, don't have a continental drinking culture.
neither does finland or the UK, i think.

i will admit that we have a really crappy drinking culture and it sometimes embaresses me. if i could describe it with one word itd be "uncivilliced".

i guess its much the same as the US, just we are even heavier drinkers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World