Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2023, 08:32 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times

Advertisements

Believe it or not google doesn't address this question. What if I use an AI program to write a novel on an idea I give the program and it spits out a finished novel for me. Could I then feed this novel into a 2nd AI program to get an even better version, or would the 2nd program make hash out of the 1st program's work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2023, 07:31 AM

4,184 posts, read 3,397,060 times
Use your own brain instead.

Old 10-04-2023, 01:11 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,535,602 times
Would this be better asked in an AI forum rather than writing?

Old 10-09-2023, 08:43 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
Would this be better asked in an AI forum rather than writing?

That thought didn't occur to me. thanks for suggesting it.

Old 10-09-2023, 08:54 PM

2,041 posts, read 990,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
That thought didn't occur to me. thanks for suggesting it.
AI could have told you that, had you asked it.

Old 10-09-2023, 11:19 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Believe it or not google doesn't address this question. What if I use an AI program to write a novel on an idea I give the program and it spits out a finished novel for me. Could I then feed this novel into a 2nd AI program to get an even better version, or would the 2nd program make hash out of the 1st program's work?
What makes you think the second program would be any better than the first?

AI draws from previously written content, so this would run a substantial risk of being sued for plagiarism should such a novel ever gain traction on the market.

I just asked ChatGPT4 to write a novel about a girl growing up in Alaska, and it popped out with this. I sort of like the part about solving disputes between snowmen:

Note: This is a basic outline for a novel. A full-length novel would require a more detailed plot, expanded character development, and a deep dive into the setting and culture of Alaska.

"Northern Lights: A Tale of Alaskan Skies"

Chapter 1: White Beginnings

Lila was born on the coldest day in Willow Creek, a remote village in Alaska. Her parents often joked that she came into the world with frost in her veins and the northern lights in her eyes. Willow Creek was a place where the skies painted stories, and the ground was a white canvas for most of the year.

Chapter 2: Ice and Imagination

As a toddler, Lila's playground was the vast icy expanse surrounding her house. She'd sculpt miniature ice villages, and pretend she was the mayor, solving disputes between snowmen and advising ice queens. It was in these early days she met Nanuq, a young polar bear cub, whom she secretly befriended.

Chapter 3: The Tales of Elder Anouk

Elder Anouk, the village storyteller, often spoke of the spirits in the mountains and the legends of their ancestors. Lila was captivated by these tales, and Anouk, seeing the young girl's thirst for stories, took Lila under her wing.

Chapter 4: A Whispered Warning

One evening, Nanuq conveyed to Lila, through their unique bond, that the ice was retreating. Fish were becoming scarcer, and the balance of their home was shifting.

Chapter 5: Quest for Answers

Determined to save her village and her ursine friend, Lila embarked on a journey. Guided by Elder Anouk's tales and accompanied by Nanuq, she sought the spirit of the Northern Mountain.

Chapter 6: Trials of Nature

From facing blizzards to crossing treacherous terrains, Lila's determination was tested. Yet, with Nanuq by her side and the stories of her ancestors guiding her, she pressed on.

Chapter 7: The Spirit's Gift

Upon reaching the mountain's peak, Lila met the spirit who gifted her a blue crystal pendant with the power to restore balance. But it could only work if the people believed in the tales of their ancestors and the magic of the land.

Chapter 8: Homecoming

Returning to Willow Creek, Lila and Nanuq faced skepticism. But with Elder Anouk's backing, they rallied the villagers. Together, they sang ancient songs, and as Lila held the pendant aloft, the skies responded with the most brilliant northern lights the village had ever seen.

Chapter 9: A New Dawn

Balance was restored. Fish returned in abundance, and harmony reigned. Lila's bond with Nanuq deepened, and their adventures became legendary.

Chapter 10: Legacy of the Lights

As years passed, Lila took on the mantle of the village storyteller. Children gathered around, eyes wide, as she spun tales of her adventures, ensuring that the legends of Willow Creek and the magic of the northern lights would live on forever.

Old 01-02-2024, 08:37 PM

966 posts, read 514,798 times
Yes, absolutely you can do that. I'm pretty sure Hemingway did it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing