Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 09:12 AM

37 posts, read 166,354 times

Advertisements

Hey, what can yall tell me about Pinedale?
What are the pros & cons of living there?
Any and all info would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2007, 10:45 AM

8,317 posts, read 29,463,282 times
Until a few years ago, Pinedale was a quiet tourist town, dependent mostly on hunting and fishing, along with ranching for its livelihood. It is now in the midst of the the natural gas drilling boom that is gripping much of Wyoming. Housing prices (if one can even find something to buy) have gone through the roof. Even hotel lodging has become difficult to come by. It is still a beautiful area, but it's nothing like it was. Despite the growth, it has relatively little shopping and is a long ways from sizable communities. It can have rigorous winters, though summer (short as it is) is wonderful. I love visiting there--it's not a place where I would want to live, though.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:25 PM

592 posts, read 2,243,178 times
Jenn, I have ten acres outside of Pinedale and my brothers family has a cabin up the Green River valley. If you love the outdoors and small towns you will love Pinedale. But as Jazzlover said the gas boom is really changing the place.My guess is that when the "boom" is over things will settle down some but the area will have grown and will continue to grow ,trying to catch up with the boom. I am assuming you have found a job in the field? The work will be good, great pay, you just have to find a place to live. There were some lots for sale in the area that were reasonable, just have to build a home. Many folks bring in modular homes or live in campers while they build thier home. Be sure to build a home for winter conditions and if the company does not supply a 4 wheel drive truck you will probably need one by winter.( Save as much cash as you can if you don't already have it to buy what you really need latter.) Have you had a chance to see Pinedale yet? Wyomiles

Old 05-21-2007, 08:52 PM

37 posts, read 166,354 times
My dad is part of that oil/gas boom in Pinedale. My parents bought a house out there last fall and are slowly getting used to living there. Once I get my RN degree, I plan to move to WY from GA, but if the prices down come down - and I mean way down! - I won't be able to live comfortably in western WY. I'll probably end up in Cheyenne or Casper.

Old 05-22-2007, 03:30 PM

Wyoming has lots of openings for RN's so I think you would be able to make a pretty good living. Do you know anything about the Soperton Georgia area ? The company I work for is building a plant there and I might be spending some time down there starting it up.

Old 05-25-2007, 07:03 PM

1 posts, read 9,679 times
we are moving to pinedale in a couple of months and from what i can tell, there isn't much housing available. we don't plan to buy just yet....so what are our options as far as renting? apartments? anyone recommend a website? i have a 2 year old....any good daycares? any info would be greatly appreciated. we are from oklahoma but have been stationed in germany for the last three years.

Old 05-27-2007, 10:18 AM

duanna, just do a web search for Pinedale Wyoming. There are several good websites. I am not sure if I can post them here as it may be against the rules.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:29 PM

1 posts, read 9,578 times
My sister, who is an RN moved to Pinedale a few months ago. In that area housing is scarce and apartments are even more so and what you find will be expensive for what you get. The price of living is much higher than anywhere else in wyoming. If you are looking for an RN job, they are limited to two small clinics, one in Pinedale and one in nearby Big Piney and you will mostly be working with outdated equipement and unqualified personell. THe community iteself is very old fashioned and close minded. If you have not lived there for several generations, you are an outsider. The area is beautiful, however, expect some uphill battles as far as social and economical. Needless to say, they are looking to move out of Pinedale as soon as they are able. Just wanted to give you some heads up if you are thinking about moving there without any support already there.

Old 06-16-2007, 10:13 AM

2,186 posts, read 6,822,169 times
If you like outdoor activities the Pinedale area is amazing. I remember about 20 years ago there was a push by a few business people and state politicians to make part of the Winds into Wind River National Park from the Pinedale side of the range. It didn't get very far.

The Wind River Range is huge. 60+ peaks over 12,000ft. I think you could put the Tetons in there and take awhile to find them...lol

The Upper Green River Valley is gorgeous and semi undiscovered. Alot of people pass thru Pinedale on their way to Jackson so it's just passed by. My best buddy is a fly fishing guide so several times to get away from the crowds in Jackson we would go down to the Upper Green River Valley to camp and fish, what great memories of that place.

This image is at the end of the Upper Green River Valley Rd and is almost as famous as a pic of the Tetons.

Old 06-16-2007, 05:13 PM

11 posts, read 70,303 times
How much does it cost to rent either an apartment or a house out there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming