Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2010, 03:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,127 times

Advertisements

My husband, myself, and our two girls want to move to Cody, WY from North Carolina. I know there is a difference in about everything, but is there anything anyone could tell me about Cody that I can't find on a website. I mean, personal stuff that the locals would know but not the websites. Thanks to anyone who can help. My husband and I have been dreaming for 10 years about moving to Wyoming. Hopefully in the next 3 years we will finally get our dream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 09:14 AM

1,872 posts, read 4,221,574 times
Hello! First of all, have you come to Cody to visit during both nice weather as well as during the dead of winter? Things are very different, weather wise! Also, during the summer "tourist season" Cody is very busy with tourist activity. Things seem more like a sleepy little town during the winter, by comparison. If you've checked that out, as well as the cost of living, then I would say that the only advice I have is that you have jobs before you move. There isn't a lot of industry or job opportunity in Cody (or in most of Wyoming, for that matter!). As long as you have jobs or other resources that would allow you to afford to live in Cody and are aware of the differences between there and N.C., and come with an open mind and heart, I think you would love living there. My daughter and her family live there and they absolutely love it. She feels that there is a lot to do for families, and of course it is within driveable distance of Billings, (less than 2 hours) where there are more cultural, shopping, athletic, etc. activities to attend. The people there seem to be very warm and welcoming. I hope these tidbits of information help you!

Old 12-10-2010, 09:44 AM

3,649 posts, read 6,294,158 times
posted in some e-mails, one comment that came back..... too much time at the Mint

Old 12-13-2010, 03:28 PM

24 posts, read 56,757 times
Learn to layer clothing for rapid changes in weather. I have a brother that lived in VA beach and I visited him often. One thing about WY is that the weather changes VERY quickly and can catch you off guard.

I agree with the others that I would plan for jobs before the move as my husband had trouble for a long time getting a job when we moved back here (he grew up in WY).

Otherwise good luck!

Old 12-15-2010, 04:28 PM

58 posts, read 193,873 times
the irma hotel has a really prime rib , along with the chop house . lol .

seriously , what was said above is all you need to know . where are you looking at living ? in town or outside ? im one of the people who bought land at the western heartlands , its about 45 mins north of cody . bought it for when i retire later in life since we love the area so much . but will only live out there during the summer , we love the PA winters to much to give that up .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: