Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2007, 09:34 PM

5 posts, read 17,196 times

Advertisements

Hi. My husband worked for the airlines for approx. 17 yrs. and we lived in the Minneapolis area for about 15 of those yrs. He lost his job due to outsourcing in 05 and we eventually moved to Lincoln, Ne. We like it here but our pay was cut in half...having 3 kids this is not good...He put in for a position in Casper ...I think it is at the airport.

Everything i read about Casper seems to be negative that we are thinking we might nont want to move there if he were offered the job...

Is it true everyone is unfriendly if you are a non-native? I have to be in a friendly city...Lincoln is very friendly. We are conservative tho...so it looks like that would work for us ;-)

Id love to hear from caperites or anyone really what they think on these matters...where the airport is located as to what area would be best to look for housing...We live in a beautiful big house now...from lots of equity but I hear homes are very expensive in Casper. We pay over 5,000 in property taxes....This is my one complaint about Ne...

Also my kids would go to the catholic schools if they could...any insight as to how good the catholic school is?

Thanks so much for reading my lengthy post...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2007, 07:59 AM

264 posts, read 1,093,799 times
Here is a link to one of the three Catholic churches in Casper, as well as a link to the Catholic school. I believe it's a K-9 school.

The Church of St. Anthony - Casper, Wyoming

ST. ANTHONY TRI-PARISH SCHOOL (http://www.dioceseofcheyenne.org/sas/ - broken link)

Sorry I can't say much else about Casper. I've only been there once and it was for just a couple hours. The people we did meet there were very friendly though.

Old 08-04-2007, 12:39 PM

5 posts, read 17,196 times
Default thanks

Thanks for your response. I have been to those websites...I wonder how a person gets test scores from school etc. to see if they are good schools...anyone know?

Old 11-12-2007, 11:05 AM

3 posts, read 7,786 times
Default Schools

I attended St. Patrick's Catholic church. Father August is an amazingly friendly and kind man. He is from WI. Give them a call at 307-235-5535 and talk to either Clara, Rosie or Sam. St. Anthony's is the only Catholic school. They are very good. Their grades are very high and they do a lot of parent input and community support. There is a lot to do as far as archaeology, free stuff at the museum, the YMCA, etc. The catholics are part of the Cheyenne diocese and are a tri-parish, St. Anthony's, Our Lady of Fatima and St. Patrick's. The native people I ran into at the church were EXTREMELY friendly. The ones outside of the church were 50/50. Many are roughnecks and they can be rough but friendly. Most people I met there were transplants. I am from Idaho and loved Wyoming. It is fairly expensive to live there. The airport is on the very far west end of town. Out on the west side of Mills. The police were very friendly in both Casper and Mills. Hilltop National Bank is extremely friendly and customer courteous. They have a great many parks. There are two high schools, Natrona County and (I can't remember the other one.) Casper is very windy. Average daily windspeed is 26 mph. If you talk to Clara, Sam or Rosie, tell them Christi Cook told you to call. You'll be welcomed with open arms, hearts and any information that they can spare. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: