Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2012, 11:37 PM

7 posts, read 12,888 times

Advertisements

Hello again everyone! We found a place to rent! Its on w redwood, behind walmart. Does anyone know this neighborhood? If so how is it?
Looks like a nice lil place, we are renting it. Looks like maybe a big park right behind the house.

Last edited by ElkHunter; 01-24-2012 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: Removed house number.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 08:46 AM

1,872 posts, read 4,219,902 times
I don't know a lot about Redwood, but our house is on Tonk, which is the first street off Boxelder, one of the main thoroughfares that goes across town. We loved our neighborhood! The neighbors are great, it was quiet (except when emergency vehicles went by on Boxelder) and it is very close to an elementary and junior high school. Some people say they don't like the 4-J subdivision because there are quite a few rentals, but we didn't have any problems. However, our street is mostly single family homes....most of the rentals are further south in the subdivision. I have friends who live on some other streets in the sub, however, and they are nice neighborhoods, too. You may get some descending opinions, but mine is that it is a good place to live. We moved from Gillette in August so have our home rented out. We are getting $1650/mo. and I don't think one could get that much if it was a "bad" area of town! Best wishes to you, and I'm sure you will love Gillette if you go with a great attitude and put yourself out there to meet some wonderful people.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:52 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,233,609 times
Congratulations! That'll be nice if your home backs up to the park. It's a nice little neighborhood park, as are all of them in Gillette. The elementary school is nice too, typical of Gillette schools. My wife worked there when she first moved to Gillette.

Redwood is in the 4-J Subdivision-- all pretty flat land. (4-J is an old and well-known livestock brand, and the main N-S street to the west is 4-J Road.) The subdivision was created in the late 70s, and building in it continued into the 90s. Most of the single-family homes are what you'd call "starter homes", and there are quite a few duplexes, a few 4-plexes and one large apartment complex. It's not a high-income neighborhood by any means, but it's not bad at all other than a house here and there.

It's fairly well positioned in the city -- close to shopping, parks, banks and fast food joints and not far from schools, hospital, rec center, etc., etc. It's pretty much boxed in by the busiest streets in town -- Boxelder and Lakeway to the north and south and Hwy 59 (aka Douglas Hwy) and 4J Road to the east and west.

IIRC, most of West Redwood is duplexes.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:52 AM

1,872 posts, read 4,219,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Congratulations! That'll be nice if your home backs up to the park. It's a nice little neighborhood park, as are all of them in Gillette. The elementary school is nice too, typical of Gillette schools. My wife worked there when she first moved to Gillette.

Redwood is in the 4-J Subdivision-- all pretty flat land. (4-J is an old and well-known livestock brand, and the main N-S street to the west is 4-J Road.) The subdivision was created in the late 70s, and building in it continued into the 90s. Most of the single-family homes are what you'd call "starter homes", and there are quite a few duplexes, a few 4-plexes and one large apartment complex. It's not a high-income neighborhood by any means, but it's not bad at all other than a house here and there.

It's fairly well positioned in the city -- close to shopping, parks, banks and fast food joints and not far from schools, hospital, rec center, etc., etc. It's pretty much boxed in by the busiest streets in town -- Boxelder and Lakeway to the north and south and Hwy 59 (aka Douglas Hwy) and 4J Road to the east and west.

IIRC, most of West Redwood is duplexes.
Although WyoNewk is spot on for most of his post, some houses are newer in the sub. Ours was built in 2000 and I wouldn't consider it a starter home. There are several on our street and on some other streets in the subdivision that I would consider "middle income" type homes. It is a subdivision that has some diversity in housing, but is overall a nice neighborhood. The best part is living so close to everything!

Old 01-30-2012, 04:44 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,057,790 times
When I lived in Gillette, the area you are talking about was out in the country. City Limits were right there by where McDonalds is now on the North side of the Interstate. But then again, the Interstate wasn't there either. Where McDonalds is now was a little mom and pop cafe that was absolutely packed in the morning with everybody getting coffee and lunch. They used to make a sack lunch for $1.75 and it had more in it then I could eat. Big thick sandwich, either apple or orange, juice, pop, candybar, chips, and some veggies like carrots and celery. You didn't get to pick the kind of sandwich, you just took what they had, but it was always good. Big slab of roast beef or pork, lettuce, tomato, cheese, pickle and mayo (not a stupid packet, but a big dollup right on the sandwich).

Port of Entry was down town right across from Taco Johns by the railroad tracks. No Wally world. There was nothing South of that cafe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming