Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 01:21 PM

2 posts, read 6,826 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know specifics on the refinery? I have read about it on an Energy Blog but didn't say how many it would employ or if the coal was going to be from the area or brought in by coal cars....?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2006, 01:33 PM
MHT

434 posts, read 2,254,279 times
Default coal refinery

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyobound View Post
Does anyone know specifics on the refinery? I have read about it on an Energy Blog but didn't say how many it would employ or if the coal was going to be from the area or brought in by coal cars....?
I don't know too much about it but local info is that it will be a big refinery. Which makes sense if you have any idea of the amount of coal that goes out of WY. The coal will probably be brought in by train. There are trains running all over WY full of coal. The story I heard is that the refinery will dehydrate the coal so the trains can haul more.

Old 12-03-2006, 09:18 PM

592 posts, read 2,243,324 times
Hi Wyobound, I am working for that company. Still want info ?
Wyomiles

Old 12-15-2007, 12:56 PM

2 posts, read 7,971 times
Hello Wyomiles,

I am a interested in finding out about opportunities at that plant and your company. Would you kindly point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Old 12-15-2007, 05:22 PM

254 posts, read 878,918 times
I found a little information on this project:

http://thefraserdomain.typepad.com/e...ne_bow_ct.html

http://sev.prnewswire.com/oil-energy...2012007-1.html

http://www.futurecoalfuels.org/documents/011207_dkrw_release.pdf (broken link)

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2007...r_en.html#more

http://www.laramieboomerang.com/news/more.asp?StoryID=106841 (broken link)

http://www.dkrwadvancedfuels.com/fw/...e_Bow-111.html

I have mixed feelings about this--it'll be good for the economy and good from the energy standpoint. I'm glad that the emissions will be either "resold" or "reused." Housing for 1500+ workers in that area will be difficult---and once building starts I foresee a boom in housing prices. Unfortunately, once built and operating I think the market will drop out. It happened in Hanna....

Being from that area (Elk Mountain) I hate to see another "eyesore" go up. The lack of population and wildness of the area has always been a good thing, in my opinion. Progress--I guess it's inevitable....

Old 12-17-2007, 10:13 PM

2,186 posts, read 6,822,753 times
Such a wild sparsely populated area. Picturing it in my head reminds of the Jim Bridger coal fired power plant that pops into view for a moment or two from I80 west of Rock Springs. Jeffrey City is another town that closed down and was abandoned after the mining was over, tho not coal.

In 1975 we did a slide presentation at UW about the 3 coal fired power plants in Wyo. We spent time at all three, Glenrock, Gillette and the JB plant.

Curious if you will be able to see this new plant cruising by on I80. It's a beautiful area, especially when the wind isn't blowing which isn't that often.

In the mid-70's PP&G and partners tried to build two huge wind turbines near Medicine Bow north of Laramie. They kept getting blown down so they gave up on the project.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:21 AM

592 posts, read 2,243,324 times
The last link that Cloudfish offered is the company link. Also since my last post on this thread I have moved to another company, making ethanol, but I am keeping an eye on this one.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:32 AM

2 posts, read 7,971 times
Default Thanks for the information!

Thank you all for responding to my request. I also will keep my eye out an d post if I hear anything.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:43 AM

3 posts, read 5,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyobound View Post
The coal will come from ARCH Coal's "Saddle Back Mine" located near by as I am told. ARCH is a large share holder in this project. Progress is slow but ongoing. One can recieve a progress report by request from the DKRW website. As a small starving local business owner I am watching closely.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:46 AM

3 posts, read 5,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrichards2 View Post
Hello Wyomiles,

I am a interested in finding out about opportunities at that plant and your company. Would you kindly point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Me too! Still waiting and it is another 4 years later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming