Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 08:37 AM

1,872 posts, read 4,221,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jody_wy View Post
all the Califorina that have move to my area vote Republican
The few Californians I know have moved here to get away from the Liberal movement. I agree with Jody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 11:47 AM

774 posts, read 2,583,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiainwyo View Post
Although Wyoming is primarily a Republican, conservative state, there are still some of us Democrats left. I am not super Liberal or far Left by any means. I just happen to agree with the Democratic party on a few more issues than I do with Republicans. I am still a firearm toting girl and believe in rights, though. I guess I would be better off as a "middle-of-the-road" independent if I really thought about it. My views are more for individual choice. I don't judge others by their views or by their choices. I guess I'm not a very good Democrat! I just wanted to make this statement as one poster said that "we" are Republicans. As a lifelong Wyoming girl (but I did live in Billings for 13 years and did notice the above mentioned differences in Wyoming and Montana) I feel I still have the values and down-home attitude of most native Wyomingites. I am offended that someone would write insinuating that if we are not Republican that we don't have brains or can't think for ourselves. I am a Master's Degree educated woman who holds a high position in a school district. I feel that I am very intelligent in many ways. No one tells me "how to vote" or "how to think", I am very capable of doing so myself. For those of you who aren't very familiar with Wyoming, I don't want you to think that all of us are so close-minded! I don't want to be judged because I am listed as a Democrat on my voter registration!
I had to check and make sure I didn't write this! The exceptions were for the high level school district position part - I worked on the research side of education - and the firearms part (we have them, but I'm not crazy about them. Considering the events of the past week in Cody and having a school-age daughter, though, I have realized that learning to use one might be wise on my part).

One of my favorite people in this town is a national-level Republican leader and he is one of the most open-minded people I've had the pleasure of meeting. In fact, in church he sits right next to one of the Democratic leaders.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:52 PM

3,649 posts, read 6,294,158 times
"One of my favorite people in this town is a national-level Republican leader and he is one of the most open-minded people I've had the pleasure of meeting. In fact, in church he sits right next to one of the Democratic leaders."Tigergal

my Aunt went to college with him and always thought he was a "ninny" (her word) .... but he dose speack his mind which I like

Old 10-16-2012, 03:43 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,607,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergal View Post
I had to check and make sure I didn't write this! The exceptions were for the high level school district position part - I worked on the research side of education - and the firearms part (we have them, but I'm not crazy about them. Considering the events of the past week in Cody and having a school-age daughter, though, I have realized that learning to use one might be wise on my part).
There's no reason why a responsible eleven year old shouldn't carry a gun. Besides, the carrying of a gun itself will create more responsibility which will last a lifetime. Plenty of kids younger than she have gone out with a gun to get the family dinner.

Quote:
One of my favorite people in this town is a national-level Republican leader and he is one of the most open-minded people I've had the pleasure of meeting. In fact, in church he sits right next to one of the Democratic leaders.
Most of the Republicans in the legislature have been way too open-minded on spending money for more government employees (we have far more than other states for our population) and government services that the free enterprise system can do better, e,g. the free colonoscopy program. Wyoming wouldn't need a sales tax if it weren't for this open-minded bunch.

We have a conservative challenging Hank Coe, the chairman of the Senate Education Committee. He's been all for rewarding government teachers with obscene salaries. But his challenger, a close-minded Republican , supports vouchers. The primary was very close so we have a write-in.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:46 PM

1,393 posts, read 3,174,507 times
Quote:
Just an addition to my other post on this thread.....I have tons of friends here and elsewhere who are staunch Republicans. Froggie, for example, is a good friend, and we know that we just have to agree to disagree on some political issues. We are still soul sisters and love each other for who we are!!!

Amen! Georgia's a truly great Christian woman both online and in person!

Plus Georgia's balanced out by her hubby...who is a good Republican

Old 10-17-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggie Legs View Post
Amen! Georgia's a truly great Christian woman both online and in person!

Plus Georgia's balanced out by her hubby...who is a good Republican
Thanks, Froggie! Good republican....vs. a bad one???? LOL

Old 10-17-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:

We definitely need to get together. The more I hear the more I think we have in common

Old 10-17-2012, 12:52 PM

322 posts, read 587,894 times
The ecology of Montana is outstanding! Therefore, the left-coasters [etc.] w/$ tend to choose Montana over Wyoming.

The harshest of any two comparable ecologies tends to hold on to its best people and to attract [and keep] the best people from away.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:23 PM

Quote:
We definitely need to get together. The more I hear the more I think we have in common
So do I!

Old 10-18-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
There's no reason why a responsible eleven year old shouldn't carry a gun.
Oh, I've got two very good reasons she shouldn't carry one. Her Mama (reason 1) and her Daddy (reason 2) wouldn't let her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming