Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 11:24 AM

774 posts, read 2,583,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
Does anyplace in the state make barbecue ribs like they used to? I mean while cooking the ribs, brush on the sauce "while" cooking them. Not the smoke it some and splash on the sauce just before they shove it over to you. I would gladly make the trip anywhere including Billings, Denver or Rapid to get just one meal like this.
Well, we do at my house. Then again, we're from Memphis, so we're kinda picky about our BBQ and ribs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 01:15 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
Does anyplace in the state make barbecue ribs like they used to? I mean while cooking the ribs, brush on the sauce "while" cooking them. Not the smoke it some and splash on the sauce just before they shove it over to you. I would gladly make the trip anywhere including Billings, Denver or Rapid to get just one meal like this.

I'm not sure if they do it exactly as you describe, but Nordy's in Fort Collins has great BBQ. I'd give them a try.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:00 PM

3,649 posts, read 6,292,578 times
Dining in Cheyenne

Old 06-16-2016, 12:14 PM

5,585 posts, read 5,017,434 times
sweet baby ray.

Old 06-22-2016, 11:04 AM

Unfortunately Mitchell's BBQ closed down so now I'm looking for a new Mom and Pop BBQ joint here in Cheyenne.

Old 06-22-2016, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Unfortunately Mitchell's BBQ closed down so now I'm looking for a new Mom and Pop BBQ joint here in Cheyenne.
Do you guys have a Kinder's there?

Old 06-22-2016, 12:22 PM

11,555 posts, read 53,188,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
never heard of them

Old 06-24-2016, 03:33 PM

Quote:
As far as I am aware we have no Kinder's here in Cheyenne.

Old 06-25-2016, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
As far as I am aware we have no Kinder's here in Cheyenne.
Here most BBQ places are private and what I mean by that they are run by individuals and not franchises.
I used to find the best BBQ in these little no name places in Oakland in the worst neighborhoods.

Old 06-25-2016, 09:31 AM

11,555 posts, read 53,188,168 times
Quote:
Here most BBQ places are private and what I mean by that they are run by individuals and not franchises.
I used to find the best BBQ in these little no name places in Oakland in the worst neighborhoods.
Similarly, the "best BBQ" to found regionally here was in the "Five Points" area of Denver, which for decades was a run-down portion of town known for the poverty/crime/high minority population ... but had some of the "best" BBQ or Fried Chicken little hole-in-the-wall joints. Not an area that you'd want to be in at night, but mostly "OK" during the daytime if you went as a group of people. "Daddy Bruce's" or "Junior's" were but two of the well known and popular joints, along with the "Kapri" house of fried chicken.

What does stand out is that the restaurant/hospitality biz in the Wyoming area doesn't support many "private" restaurants ... or at least ones that you'd want to visit more than once. You'll find that most of the restaurant choices here are franchise/chain restaurants, and with that comes the segment of institutionalized food or simply serving "heat 'n serve" or "pre-pack" or "pre-portioned" food-like substances. Think more in terms of "Olive Garden", "Red Lobster", "Chili's", "Applebees" for the general quality of food prep here ... along with the plethora of franchise burger/pizza/"mexican" outlets. At that, few of the non-national major franchises have outlets here. Even in the small towns with access to a traffic stream, you're more likely to find a MickeyD's than a local quality burger joint ... and in some of the big name tourist towns, even the "famous" local places are still just indifferently serving up average stuff from Sysco (or other major purveyors to the trade).

Still all the more reason why various regions of WY residents head out of state for better restaurant choices ... SE WY, to Fort Collins, Western WY to SLC, or NE WY to Rapid City. I've visited friends in some of the prominent tourist area towns of Wyoming and offered to take them out to dinner ... my treat ... at the place of their choice in town. It's been more common than not that they've declined my offer with a suggestion that we buy some nice food and cook at home, maybe on the outdoor grill ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming