Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 07:08 PM

1,393 posts, read 3,174,164 times

Advertisements

Near where I used to live in Minnesota there is about 8% of the population of Somalian refugees in one little town (. There are some "gangs" ..usually they are fighting the Mexican gangs in that town.) Haven't had any issues with them personally...and yes all the women wear the full garb. I've taught a few of the kids in the school districts, and again, no issues. I worry more about the girls being married off to older men for the bride price. I can't see that Wyoming, armed as it is, would have more to worry about than a small town in MN.

Old 11-21-2014, 02:25 PM

61 posts, read 68,569 times
Sad to see that even Wyoming is a goal for islamic growth, thanks to crazy politicians.
Sad to hear the same lies than in Europe 30 years ago : "don't worry, it's only few people. And it's very kind people. To be upset about that is racist, etc.". Yes, they were very few in the neighborhood (in a south suburb of Paris) where I was born and raised in the 70's. A little bit more in the 80's. Now the whole area is 90 % islamic. The liberals are thrilled about that (and, shame on me, I was one of them when I was young), but now they begin to understand that these islamic guys, funnily enough, are not liberals. Not at all.
Keep your country safe !

Old 11-21-2014, 03:49 PM

13 posts, read 27,938 times
Default ...Trojan Horses or no?...

Wyoming, of all places? I am sorry, folks. There's got to be something more to this. Why would folks from such a differing religion, culture, education and environment want to come to Wyoming?

We used to live near Detroit, MI; before I retired, I worked for the "Big Three." Nearby, in Dearborn, there are about 30,000 Muslims, second-highest in the country. Henry Ford actually settled many of them there to work in his production auto plants back in the day. For decades there were little problems.

But now, it seems the Islamic religion there has morphed into "intolerance" with the rise of the more radical Islamists in these recent days.

Just Google "Dearborn, MI Muslims Problems," and a host of items come up. A recent one:
CHRISTIANS WIN BIG LAWSUIT AGAINST MUSLIM THUGS IN DEARBORN, MICHIGAN! |

This case is a stunning example of the pernicious influence of stealth jihad and Shariah law in America. The city of Dearborn is now a serial violator of Christians’ constitutional rights and has wasted hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees and costs defending its insidious conduct. Apparently, in Dearborn, where Shariah and jihad is advocated openly, it is a crime to preach the Christian gospel.

...seems to this old gray head of 70 Summers on God's Green Earth, that there is a methodology here: it's called "gradualism." Little by little Muslims come to town; when a numerical "tipping point" is reached, then demands for Sharia Law, halal food requirements, dress codes, banning of Christian Holidays begins. Local politicians cave in or are replaced by Muslims.

Research from other parts of the country, like TN in 2009, shows a lot of the Muslim transplants are not faring well. Somali Muslims Changing Small Town - World - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com

If you REALLY want your eyes to be opened, check out Bob Spencer's You are being redirected... and sign up for his daily email. thought I was a pretty hard-boiled fellow, but after reading a few days of his emails from around the world, what little hair I have left is standing on end.

Old 11-21-2014, 06:07 PM

3,648 posts, read 3,785,685 times
I have family in the Detroit area. I have seen Muslim women in Sheridan in the oppressive garb. One lovely young lady is from the area.

I have no illusions about the "religion of pieces," as I refer to Islam.

We, in the U.S., have been so insulated that we could afford to spout tolerance of almost everything.

Wake up. I believe all the nuttiness that I see is supposed to happen. But, I know I am supposed to stand against it.

Old 11-22-2014, 02:03 AM

3,533 posts, read 5,832,463 times
I can only agree with the sentiments shared by many others in this thread. Another example of a society with totally different cultural values than their Islamic immigrants is Sweden. Before the huge migration of immigrants, rape , murder and other violent crimes were almost unheard of in this country. Now, they are becoming more and more commonplace and most of these crimes are being perpetrated by the Islamic immigrants. As others said here, when they are small in numbers, they act respectful, polite and like guests. However, when they grow in numbers and start becoming a majority in the community, the same intolerance of their religion and culture starts to propagate and manifests itself in these new settlements.

There has been statistics, that 1 in 4 women in Sweden will be raped in their lifetime and that a majority of these rapes are being done by Islamic immigrants who now are have a much larger presence in the community and on average have much higher birthrate than native Swedish people. Due to Sweden's very strict laws against discrimination, most cases of rapes which involve an immigrant are dismissed, as the political correctness of the country deems any case against a foreigner to be "racist" in nature. However, more and more Swedes are becoming disgruntled with the situation.

1 in 4 Swedish Women Will Be Raped as Sexual Assaults Increase 500% | FrontPage Magazine

Quote:
In 2003, Sweden’s rape statistics were higher than average at 9.24, but in 2005 they shot up to 36.8 and by 2008 were up to 53.2. Now they are almost certainly even higher as Muslim immigrants continue forming a larger percentage of the population.

With Muslims represented in as many as 77 percent of the rape cases and a major increase in rape cases paralleling a major increase in Muslim immigration, the wages of Muslim immigration are proving to be a sexual assault epidemic by a misogynistic ideology.

Old 11-22-2014, 11:15 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
So, what are you saying? We should kick them to the curb, chase them out of the stores, don't let their kids into our schools, because we know how 'those people' are. Every one of them is exactly the same. How do we know that? Because Portland has a problem with 'those people'.

The last time I checked, this was the United States and we have laws against the type of intolerance that some folks on this thread try and preach. We have a sizable Islam populace in Sheridan, but I don't see them taking over any neighborhoods. Somebody mentioned in seeing a woman in full garb in Sheridan. I've only lived here since 1972, I have never seen on single woman dressed that way.

There are laws against preemptive strikes against folks that are not doing anything wrong.

Old 11-22-2014, 11:26 AM

10,349 posts, read 13,947,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
So, what are you saying? We should kick them to the curb, chase them out of the stores, don't let their kids into our schools, because we know how 'those people' are. Every one of them is exactly the same. How do we know that? Because Portland has a problem with 'those people'.

The last time I checked, this was the United States and we have laws against the type of intolerance that some folks on this thread try and preach. We have a sizable Islam populace in Sheridan, but I don't see them taking over any neighborhoods. Somebody mentioned in seeing a woman in full garb in Sheridan. I've only lived here since 1972, I have never seen on single woman dressed that way.

There are laws against preemptive strikes against folks that are not doing anything wrong.

Old 11-22-2014, 11:29 AM

880 posts, read 2,345,823 times
We have a large population of Somalis and Sudanese here in Portland, Maine, and have for some time. They pose very little risk. The major problems they present are merely differences in culture. Things like cutting in front of lines, loud talking, and poor driving skills. We have some minor criminal issues with their kids such as theft and mugging, but no more so than with the white population. I think in another generation or two, they will have blended into the community nicely; maintaining their key cultural markers while adopting a greater understanding of American culture. It will all depend on how their current children teach their own.

Old 11-22-2014, 12:46 PM

3,648 posts, read 3,785,685 times
Geesh, EH - So your experience in Sheridan, a town in which you do not live, differs from mine. That means exactly zilch. Neither you nor I are the final authority on all things Sheridan.

I don't care that yet another group of people is milking the system. Don't see any difference between anyone who does that. It's what moochers do and it isn't against any law. It's the way things are set up.

Old 11-22-2014, 03:44 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,701,008 times
Yay for EH.

I study and write about, among other things, Islamists, jihadists and other Muslims who do very, very bad things in the name of their 'religion.' I also know they make up well under 1% of all Muslims. Some of the other 99% are good friends of mine.

I know some Jews who wear some things I don't understand. A couple of Christians who do, too.

Until they do something wrong to me or in front of me, I'd like to leave them alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming