Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 06:32 PM

507 posts, read 662,079 times

Advertisements

Gillette's new high school sort of led off to this topic, so might as well catch up
on the state HS football for the upcoming 1st weekend of the playoffs: Oh yeah.
(If you're looking in, well, we have no pro team here, and only one college team,
so HS football is still the real deal in a big state of mostly small communities.)

Little schools first:
2013 State Champ Meeteetse heads to current defending State Champ Kaycee in
6-Man. Kaycee is only undefeated team in 6-man. Going for 3rd consecutive
Championship and 3rd year of being undefeated despite Coach Kremers stepping
down to give more time to his job-he's also the police chief in Kaycee.

In 1A, we have the Montana-type-trip of the playoffs as #4 Southeast (which is
in Yoder) heads out to #1 Cokeville. From almost the Nebr border to almost the
Utah. Also racking up the miles will be Upton-Sundance (they combined teams)
going over the mtns. to play at Rocky Mtn (which is Cowley, Byron, Frannie and
Deaver) In 2A, Newcastle going to Big Piney is the longest haul for the first
weekend. (Can't think of a hotel in Cokeville-guess Cyclones stay in Kemmerer)

In 3A, story-of-the-year Rawlins Outlaws travel to #1 Star Valley. An upset is
unlikely, but hey, it's high school, so you never know. 4A's new Gillette school
Thunder Basin goes to Kelly Walsh-a very even matchup. Lastly, #8 Cheyenne
Central makes what will probably be a long trip indeed up to #1 Sheridan. Of
course, there's more games....I just picked a few interesting road trips. Here is
a photo from TJ Frisbie...."National Anthem, Wyoming Style" at Sheridan HS.
Attached Thumbnails
OK, time for a Wyoming HS football update.-sheridan-football.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 07:29 AM

3,648 posts, read 6,288,980 times
after SV beat GR,There a picture of both team praying in the middle of the fieldfor a couple injury GR playes.https://www.facebook.com/ted.dawson....38?pnref=story

Old 10-27-2017, 07:31 AM

see the Same thing happened in Powell

Old 10-28-2017, 07:14 AM

SV beat Rawins 62 to 0, SV JV played most the 2nd quarter and all the 2nd half

Old 10-28-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jody_wy View Post
SV beat Rawins 62 to 0, SV JV played most the 2nd quarter and all the 2nd half
Thanks for the link regarding SV and GR. Very inspirational. They may meet up again in
Laramie. Rawlins new coach (from Cheyenne) is doing good with reviving that program,
but SV seems destined. All 3 of the teams that are going for a 3-peat (SV, Sheridan, and
Kaycee) seem destined to do it.

Green River has to go to Torrington, but has a chance. Cody will be fired up from beating
the Bison in Buffalo, but I don't see them topping SV. Lot of blowout games yesterday. An
interesting matchup will be the game between Little Snake and Farson-Eden, as Rattlers
beat Pronghorns earlier and might do it again.

(Nice to see GR and Powell teams together, too)

Last edited by Wyoprairie; 10-28-2017 at 10:16 AM..

Old 10-29-2017, 07:43 AM

SV played and beat Preston ID and Elko NV this year both top teams in their states a year ago

Old 10-30-2017, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jody_wy View Post
SV played and beat Preston ID and Elko NV this year both top teams in their states a year ago
Yep, SV looks good again this year. Kind of off-topic but I think Preston is probably my favorite
town in Idaho. Not surprised they would have good high school sports. So, this is silly, but I
really like the movie, Napoleon Dynamite, and there's that scene where the high school kids
are working for the farmers, moving chickens. One kid has on a "Kanab Cowboys" t-shirt, and
now whenever I am in Kanab, I hope to pick one up. The high school has them, but I haven't
been there yet at the right time to get one. (And I gotta get a hold of the genuine item)

Picks for the fun of it: 3A...SV over either Torrington or GR. 4A...Sheridan over Natrona in a
good game. 2A...I dunno, its wide open, maybe Glenrock. 1A...is like couple of locomotives
on the same track heading for a "cornfield meet"...I'm thinking inevitable collision in Laramie
for undefeated defending champ Pine Bluffs, and also undefeated Cokeville. 6Man...Kaycee
has outscored opponents by 610 to 34 so far this season. Farson-Eden or Little Snake River
will have the desire, but don't see the Buckaroos getting stopped. It will be fun in Laramie.

Old 11-04-2017, 07:13 AM

Cody beat undefeated SV and big horn beat cokeville

Old 11-04-2017, 12:00 PM

Road teams pulling the upset. I didn't see that happening unless it was GR at Torrington,
and that's because Green River has knocked off the Blazers at home a couple times before.

Farson gets Kaycee. Home teams prevailed in 2A so it's Mtn View and Glenrock. Natrona
has to try to knock Sheridan off....well SV and Cokeville had really good seasons.

Old 11-04-2017, 10:38 PM

cold wet college game in Laramie tonight,stood the whole 2 half....16-13, COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming