Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2018, 12:47 PM

8,511 posts, read 8,849,391 times

Advertisements

Does any Cody restaurant, bar, hotel or club get large numbers of international visitors AND encourage socializing with at least partial focus on where they are from and stories about their hometowns and their outdoor places? I'd think that would be an interesting spinoff activity. Of course one could initiate many places on one's own but just wondering if there are existing hot spots for it. Tourists and / or summer international workers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2018, 10:45 AM

1,133 posts, read 1,353,721 times
Right away, without hesitation at all...I would have to say the Silver-Saddle Saloon/Bar, just a doorway next to the Irma Restaurant. Ssems every time I go in there for a burger & fries, there's the same 'ol conversations by locals & touristas-alike...all toasting to thier various successes and/or blabbering-on ad-nauseum about who they are/who they know and what they've accomplished 'back in the world'...yadda yadda yadda...

...I just tune-it-out and stare blankly at whatever is on one of five flat-screen TV's, while enjoying the hell outta my mushroom & swiss burger and Irma-fries...

...and I can only imagine what those walls would say...if they could talk...

Oh...possibly YVI (Yellowstone Valley Inn) is another gathering-spot from what little I've heard, but can't confirm.

Old 03-10-2018, 02:48 PM

507 posts, read 665,189 times
Some years ago, I got the assignment of taking groups of European visitors on a circuit of rodeos to explain and introduce
them to rodeo. (Some Europeans are fascinated with the American West and have a better knowledge of Wyoming than many Americans)

We were gathering after breakfast and the Germans were excitedly talking with the interpreter. I asked what it was all
about. She said last night after the rodeo, they walked down to the Irma for a few beers. Apparently while they were
there, a fight broke out with chairs flying and a couple broken windows as well. I said maybe there is some hope for Cody yet. We stayed at the Holiday Inn, but any hotel would have international visitors-I've only seem them gather at the patio
of the hotel-maybe a couple Americans might join them, but no particular venue that hosts them or anything like that.

Old 03-10-2018, 06:31 PM

8,511 posts, read 8,849,391 times
Thanks for the replies. There is some talk (international or local) I would avoid. But talk of other Places and other Nature... I'd be more interested in that than most of the alternatives. Yellowstone gives Cody more of this opportunity or nuisance than all but a few other places in the West. If I moved to Cody, it might be a plus if properly done. Might be a business opportunity in some fashion. The total quantity of visitor (domestic & international) might be too much but I guess there are ways to minimize or escape it when you want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: