Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 10:13 AM

5,585 posts, read 5,015,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
There will probably be a few dozen of that age range, for sale and in the modest price range in the county. I wouldn't expect much more.
Something decent in the $300,000 to $400,000 range with 1-5 acres + and 2 car attached garage in rural area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 12:20 PM

3,649 posts, read 6,292,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
Something decent in the $300,000 to $400,000 range with 1-5 acres + and 2 car attached garage in rural area.
1-5 acres in a rural area will be in a subdivision , other wise it be 35-40 and those area don't plan on a lawn mower , because you won't be able to grow a lawn..

Old 11-09-2018, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jody_wy View Post
1-5 acres in a rural area will be in a subdivision , other wise it be 35-40 and those area don't plan on a lawn mower , because you won't be able to grow a lawn..
I am not the gardner type but need the land as a cushion for privacy and space.
I don't want to live in a subdivision where I have neighbors next to me and we share the same road.

(That's what I live in now) I have to worry about backing out of my own driveway so I don't get hit by traffic or hit a pedestrian.

Old 11-10-2018, 02:15 PM

54 posts, read 69,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
I am not the gardner type but need the land as a cushion for privacy and space.
I don't want to live in a subdivision where I have neighbors next to me and we share the same road.

(That's what I live in now) I have to worry about backing out of my own driveway so I don't get hit by traffic or hit a pedestrian.
Let me know if you find that spot for 300K w/o a lawn or neighbors. I don't see anything in that range except junkers on/near a Rez, or on a seasonal use only road, or Off Grid. Same goes for the Olympic Peninsula around WA state.

Old 11-10-2018, 07:13 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,474,524 times
What you seem to be looking for, pricewise, seems to say the central Basin, like Thermopolis, Worland, and Powell. Rural, with a mixture arid regions, hills, river valleys, mountains to the east and south, some gas, some agriculture.

Here is a nice little place above Thermopolis. 2 neighboring houses so this may not be it, but it is out of, and above, the town (across the road from the cemetery), and beside the small airport there. This gives you an idea of what you may get in that area for that price:
https://www.remax.com/realestatehome...021594535.html

Aerial view:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/81...4d-108.2162375

One thing to keep in mind about more rural and modestly priced properties: Unless there is some special reason for demand, they can sit on the market for a longer time when you decide to sell. The number of folks moving in and out or rural areas tends to be a lot smaller. So, for many buyers, sometimes it pays to pay a bit higher price for a niftier house or special setting, so it will have something that makes it more attractive to the next buyer. And, while you may not need it, stick with 3BR houses, rather than 1BR or 2 BR's; the overall demand will always be more.

Old 11-11-2018, 04:24 PM

8,499 posts, read 8,794,511 times
Not all subdivisions look alike, even in Wyoming. But it is important to understand how land is divided up and sold in different states.

If average parcel size is 1 acre, 5 acres or more it will look different than a urban or suburban division of higher or much higher density.
Homeowner associations however might make it feel closer to the same.

Small acreage outside of a subdivision may exist that came before existing laws or somehow exceptions to them but generally they are less common than in subdivisions.

A rural subdivision that doesn't have many natural trees or hasn't had 20-50-100 plus years to grow planted ones will look & feel closer together than one full of trees (like many other parts of country).

If you want privacy, you'll probably want to be in the forest or up a canyon. And may need more land or a public land border.

Last edited by NW Crow; 11-11-2018 at 04:35 PM..

Old 11-11-2018, 04:50 PM

6,868 posts, read 4,866,838 times
Wyoming also has fossils if you are into that. :-)

Old 11-14-2018, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nm9stheham View Post
What you seem to be looking for, pricewise, seems to say the central Basin, like Thermopolis, Worland, and Powell. Rural, with a mixture arid regions, hills, river valleys, mountains to the east and south, some gas, some agriculture.

Here is a nice little place above Thermopolis. 2 neighboring houses so this may not be it, but it is out of, and above, the town (across the road from the cemetery), and beside the small airport there. This gives you an idea of what you may get in that area for that price:

Aerial view:

One thing to keep in mind about more rural and modestly priced properties: Unless there is some special reason for demand, they can sit on the market for a longer time when you decide to sell. The number of folks moving in and out or rural areas tends to be a lot smaller. So, for many buyers, sometimes it pays to pay a bit higher price for a niftier house or special setting, so it will have something that makes it more attractive to the next buyer. And, while you may not need it, stick with 3BR houses, rather than 1BR or 2 BR's; the overall demand will always be more.

Thanks
From what I can see this looks fine. I would be more interested to see what the area is and according to the aerial map that looks fine since you don't have neighbors close by like in a subdivision.
The price is perfect. But I wonder how old and what is the age of this house?

Old 11-14-2018, 10:04 PM

3,649 posts, read 6,292,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nm9stheham View Post

Aerial view:

gee cross the road and there the runway...

Old 11-14-2018, 11:00 PM

11,555 posts, read 53,188,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jody_wy View Post
gee cross the road and there the runway...
That’s the old airstrip, closed in 2015. No longer in use, no planes flying there anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming