Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2019, 10:57 AM

216 posts, read 564,768 times

Advertisements

We are a family of 4 currently stuck in the Northeast! Without getting too political, we are looking to escape to a state more friendly to our conservative beliefs. Our only reservation at this point is trying to find a school for our youngest son. He is 6 and has developmental disabilities. We had hoped to find him a therapeutic school as all his Dr's and therapists have recommended. Haven't been able to find any information on such schools in Wyoming, and all the National Associations won't provide info or recommendations on specific schools. Maybe someone out there has a special needs child, or knows the parent of a special needs child that can offer some advice? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2019, 04:55 PM

64 posts, read 101,521 times
Our friends in nearby Powell and Cody both have autistic children, they moved here from massachusetts and washington state I think if you contact the schools in cody and powell you'll receive all the information you need or get headed in the right direction. They both seem to do very well.

Old 02-15-2019, 11:21 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,186,985 times
A good friend of mine has a daughter who is autistic. She's in high school here in Star Valley and she is doing well. I do know that they have great great teachers here for kids who have special needs. If you're interested in the Star Valley area you can call Lincoln county school district #2 for more information on individual schools in our area and what they offer.

Old 03-29-2019, 01:53 PM

138 posts, read 172,333 times
Without getting into too much detail, I know that there are two phenomenal teachers with loads of experience with children with autism in Casper, Wyoming. (One of them is a coworker, the other is is wife.) I have heard wonderful things about them from people with experience with them. They are both in their early 40s and roots in Casper, so no worries about retirement. Definitely check out Natrona County Schools.

Old 04-02-2019, 05:22 PM

1,169 posts, read 751,328 times
https://www.google.com/search?biw=15...71.sXS1oUxUNcg

Publicly-funded special education requires public dollars.

Public dollars requires taxes of some sort.

Sorry, and my posts on the forums here are never political, but you are considering moving to the wrong state. And I say that as a parent of a special needs child. I think you would find the disparity in special education services here shocking as compared to those in states that you don't think align with your political beliefs.

And before you ask...because we are fortunate to afford private services to make up the difference for our child, that's why. Not everyone can.

Last edited by alaskaflyer; 04-02-2019 at 05:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming