Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2020, 06:51 PM

5,585 posts, read 5,017,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nm9stheham View Post
Yes.. makes WY look pretty good....
Would you say that Wyoming is the best state for less government interferance with the peoples freedom and less regulations?
Or what order is Wyoming in? From the most state with government rules and regs vs. the state with the least amount of government rules and regs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2020, 07:46 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,474,524 times
I personally put WY and ID high on that list. There are a few localities (the most urban ones) in each that have gone towards more rules and regulations. That is pretty much expected. And there are few localities in each of those 2 state (very rural counties) that have very limited R&R.

Old 03-24-2020, 07:58 PM

Quote:
I personally put WY and ID high on that list. There are a few localities (the most urban ones) in each that have gone towards more rules and regulations. That is pretty much expected. And there are few localities in each of those 2 state (very rural counties) that have very limited R&R.
yES would have thought those were the two states.
What about Montana?

Old 03-25-2020, 09:05 AM

MT seems (to me) to have progressed a hair further on the curve for more R&R. Just my impression from the centralization of a few functions. The more high $$ settled places have more R&R. Still pretty low compared the the urban coast and big cities all across the nation.

Old 03-25-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
MT seems (to me) to have progressed a hair further on the curve for more R&R. Just my impression from the centralization of a few functions. The more high $$ settled places have more R&R. Still pretty low compared the the urban coast and big cities all across the nation.
Lots of movie stars $$$ have bought into Montana.

Old 03-25-2020, 11:47 AM

And they have had some high growth, areas like Missoula. That tends to drive more R&R, at least in the home building R&R, zoning, etc. But MT, like ID and WY, still has very rural areas with very little R&R. Granite County MT, Custer County ID, and Fremont County WY (in the unincorporated areas) are 3 counties (that I know of) that have no building codes in force. There are more, I just don't know them all.

Old 03-25-2020, 12:01 PM

Quote:
And they have had some high growth, areas like Missoula. That tends to drive more R&R, at least in the home building R&R, zoning, etc. But MT, like ID and WY, still has very rural areas with very little R&R. Granite County MT, Custer County ID, and Fremont County WY (in the unincorporated areas) are 3 counties (that I know of) that have no building codes in force. There are more, I just don't know them all.
Then those are probably the areas to look for a home.

Old 03-27-2020, 11:11 AM

Yeah, but it is 1.5-3 hours each way to Costco from various parts of those counties... and I know how you like Costco!

Old 03-27-2020, 12:35 PM

1,459 posts, read 1,403,388 times
Quote:
Yeah, but it is 1.5-3 hours each way to Costco from various parts of those counties... and I know how you like Costco!

Depending on how fast you drive
Longer for us from Thorofare to Billings - but we made a day of it.....Costco, HD, Target, dinner at the OG.

Old 03-27-2020, 03:14 PM

322 posts, read 587,808 times
It's why I moved here 10 years ago - a great decision.

I do have 2 pet peeves on the subject though - the annual excise tax on vehicles and the State Liquor Commission.

Annual excise taxes on vehicles is one of the most regressive taxes in existence. Few people in Wyoming can live without a vehicle and it hits the poor hardest. I've lived where there wasn't one and it would make a huge difference to many folks if it were eliminated.

The State Liquor Commission has authoritarian control over liquor. I collect whisk[e]y, and can't place a special order of less than a case, so I either have to buy a case [never have] or the store has to buy a case and hope that they can sell what I don't buy, which they have done a few times. My choice of special orders is even quite limited. It has to be "on the list".

I don't know if it is legal in Wyoming, but as anyone from Wyoming had any experience buying online?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: