Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2020, 10:47 AM

42 posts, read 30,899 times

Advertisements

Anything I should know about Cheyenne, WY? Considering moving there for a job, I've driven through Wyoming, but have never lived there. Is Cheyenne a decent city?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2020, 06:33 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,256,600 times
Yeah, Cheyenne is pretty nice as smaller cities go. It's got some elevation so is pretty cool and a bit windy, but it's generally a nice little city. I live 250 miles north of it so don't spend much time there. I used to travel through it en route to Denver quite often, and as the state capital and the second largest city in Wyoming, I attended a lot meetings there, etc. Probably half of my visits to Cheyenne were very short ones as I passed through headed to Denver Bronco games! (We were Bronco season ticket holders for a couple decades.)

Clean, windy, cool. For a state capital, it's small, but it's not bad at all.

Old 04-09-2020, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Yeah, Cheyenne is pretty nice as smaller cities go. It's got some elevation so is pretty cool and a bit windy, but it's generally a nice little city. I live 250 miles north of it so don't spend much time there. I used to travel through it en route to Denver quite often, and as the state capital and the second largest city in Wyoming, I attended a lot meetings there, etc. Probably half of my visits to Cheyenne were very short ones as I passed through headed to Denver Bronco games! (We were Bronco season ticket holders for a couple decades.)

I enjoy going to dog parks/nature parks and reserves with my dog. I hear Cheyenne (Wyoming in general) has quite a few of them. Any recommendations? Seems like Wyoming/Cheyenne is a very animal friendly state/city assuming you get registering done upon move.

Old 04-09-2020, 08:06 AM

5,591 posts, read 5,040,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post

But Cheyenne is one of the biggest cities in Wyoming?

Old 04-09-2020, 08:16 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,481,376 times
Dunno exactly where you are in the SF area, nowhereman, but all of Cheyenne is only twice the population of Burlingame. 'Large' is not the operative term!

Old 04-09-2020, 08:57 AM

5,591 posts, read 5,040,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nm9stheham View Post
Dunno exactly where you are in the SF area, nowhereman, but all of Cheyenne is only twice the population of Burlingame. 'Large' is not the operative term!
That is correct. In between the two Cheyenne is very small but for Wyoming its big.

Old 04-09-2020, 12:42 PM

1,133 posts, read 1,352,678 times
If you're considering coming here to 'get away from it all'...just bear in mind, you're not the only one...

...and they are 'bringing it all' WITH them.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Wyoming IS changing...slowly but surely...thx in major-part to those coming here...

...and it is NOT changing for the betterment of those who came before you...

...to 'get AWAY from it all'.

It's just one more of those funny things called: 'A Universal Paradox'...

...my favorite being: "You are free to choose...but you are NOT free from the consequences of your choice."

Old 04-09-2020, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdumbear View Post
If you're considering coming here to 'get away from it all'...just bear in mind, you're not the only one...

...and they are 'bringing it all' WITH them.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Wyoming IS changing...slowly but surely...thx in major-part to those coming here...

...and it is NOT changing for the betterment of those who came before you...

...to 'get AWAY from it all'.

It's just one more of those funny things called: 'A Universal Paradox'...

...my favorite being: "You are free to choose...but you are NOT free from the consequences of your choice."
I mean, I'd be coming for a job, not really running from anything.

Old 04-09-2020, 01:23 PM

2,089 posts, read 3,912,031 times
Check out the Cheyenne Social Club. Also, locals do not cotton to footpads and highwaymen.

Old 04-09-2020, 03:57 PM

20,168 posts, read 9,073,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty1277 View Post
Anything I should know about Cheyenne, WY? Considering moving there for a job, I've driven through Wyoming, but have never lived there. Is Cheyenne a decent city?
not much to it as you'll see, small AFB nearby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming