Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2022, 09:38 AM

47 posts, read 55,078 times

Advertisements

Ha! You think it was bad then, you should see how bad it is 20 years later!

Old 05-17-2022, 09:58 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,376,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
I moved to Wyoming for the strong constitutional laws and attitude. I have no interest in playing dress-up, but I support the Second Amendment and hate those who don't. People who don't love guns should get out. I don't care what they wear. Colorado was a great place when I moved there in 1967. It was a sewer when I left in 2002.
You sound very, very strongly about how you feel, which is both great and not so great.

When you say "have no interest in playing dress-up", just who are you talking about? The ranching/farming industry and/or the rodeo industry? We are part of the "rodeo industry" and we darn sure don't "dress-up". We love looking like someone who would be living in Wyoming and interested in ranching/farming/rodeo. But, only interested, as in serious fans of all three. IOW, we don't want anyone to look at us and think "hummmm, did they just move here from NYC or Los Angeles?"

We don't hate those that don't like firearms, like my SIL or BIL (wife's sister and brother). There are lots and lots of people that don't like firearms and won't have them, but that's their decision, not ours. We have firearms. In fact, my 74 year old wife has a Smith & Wesson 9mm handgun (that she shares with me). We only do Range/Target shooting, but have a lot of fun doing that. Actually, I got my firearms training onboard ship in the Navy at sea.

Not all of Colorado is a "sewer", as you call it. The Front Range has most definitely changed since we left in later 2007, and, to us, not exactly for the better. Mostly we hear complaints from Baby Boomer Seniors our age and older. But, unfortunately, "progress" just can't be stopped.

Anyway, thanks for the reply, even though...........

Old 05-17-2022, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highplainsrunaway View Post
Ha! You think it was bad then, you should see how bad it is 20 years later!
Well, the Millennials and a little older sure love it here! We found that out very quickly. But, guess those that need to be employed in a specific area, perhaps one that requires a college degree, CO Springs, Denver/Tech Center and Ft Collins are the places they want to move to. They may not like winter, but they definitely love the salary and entertainment (especially in Denver).

Old 05-18-2022, 01:57 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,724 posts, read 58,067,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBoomers2 View Post
Well, the Millennials and a little older sure love it here! We found that out very quickly. But, guess those that need to be employed in a specific area, perhaps one that requires a college degree, CO Springs, Denver/Tech Center and Ft Collins are the places they want to move to. They may not like winter, but they definitely love the salary and entertainment (especially in Denver).
It is VERY important to millennials (and some other gens and societies) to 'promote' that their decisions, destinations, desires... are just great! Wonderful, can't be better, sort of like finding Nirvana. Most of the 'aged' are a bit beyond that.

Many millennials and transplants to CO have spent their fortune to get there, (and certainly spend it to stay) so you don't want to burst that bubble. CO is quite similar to Oregon. You better love it and express that to others, or you will be ostracized. It is a crime to think otherwise. Much of CA is that way as well. Social ills.

Determine what is important to you and what you can live with, because no place is perfect. Many places are not at all close to how you hear or perceive or expect them to be. That's life. (And this life is fading fast)

Poof, then it's over.

Old 05-18-2022, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
It is VERY important to millennials (and some other gens and societies) to 'promote' that their decisions, destinations, desires... are just great! Wonderful, can't be better, sort of like finding Nirvana. Most of the 'aged' are a bit beyond that.

Many millennials and transplants to CO have spent their fortune to get there, (and certainly spend it to stay) so you don't want to burst that bubble. CO is quite similar to Oregon. You better love it and express that to others, or you will be ostracized. It is a crime to think otherwise. Much of CA is that way as well. Social ills.

Determine what is important to you and what you can live with, because no place is perfect. Many places are not at all close to how you hear or perceive or expect them to be. That's life. (And this life is fading fast)

Poof, then it's over.
Well, after doing some research on Sheridan, it might just be too small for us. We don't want to move to a boring city/town either.

One thing for sure, it takes no time at all, when coming into our apartment, to find out just how "rodeo" and "western" related we are. PRCA rodeo pictures of World Champions we've taken are on three walls, an entire wall of pictures of tv/movie western stars, like Audie Murphy and Dale Robertson. Another wall of pictures of the Old West, as in Buffalo Bill Cody, Annie Oakley and the Great Indian Chiefs. On another wall, one of my old team roping "heading" ropes and in front of it, a hat rack with our cowboy hats on it.

And, on top of that, we have a 5 foot 4 inch miniature ranch/farm display on a counter that separates our kitchen from dining room. Miniature livestock in four corrals, barn and farm equipment.

We are extremely proud of what we like. Unfortunately, meeting/making Senior friends who have the same interests, just hasn't happened. But, we keep trying.

Old 05-18-2022, 12:30 PM

400 posts, read 454,575 times
Thread summary to date:

https://youtu.be/4K5h1MbBcgI

Old 05-18-2022, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoshWyo View Post
Thread summary to date:

Guess it wouldn't bother you if someone kidded you about something your telling.

Old 05-18-2022, 01:26 PM

3,649 posts, read 6,292,578 times
Quote:
Thread summary to date:

love it !

Old 05-18-2022, 02:08 PM

670 posts, read 1,053,307 times
Quote:
Thread summary to date:

LOL! I have to admit that I watched that hamster longer than I should have, it was kind of hypnotic

Old 05-18-2022, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jody_wy View Post
love it !
And here I thought Wyoming people were nice and understand!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming