Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 03:08 AM

208 posts, read 909,843 times

Advertisements

The company I work for could probably use your husband's experience... if you want to shoot me a PM we can talk more that way and see if it would be a good fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGIAINMT View Post
Thanks for watching out for me! I have applied in Cody and am waiting to hear when they will be calling for interviews. They were going to wait until school got out. My husband is in the warehouse/delivery field right now. He has lots of warehouse and inventory experience as well as many years of law enforcement background. He thinks he's getting too old (I say he's not at 45) to go back into "playing cop" and chasing bad guys! He has a class B CDL license so can do some driving/delivery work but doesn't want to go over the road and drive the big rigs.

Keep your fingers crossed for me that I am the right person for one of these teaching positions. I am really ready to move back "home" to Wyo! Any info you can send my way is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 10:19 AM

471 posts, read 1,509,069 times
Quote:
Keep your fingers crossed for me that I am the right person for one of these teaching positions. I am really ready to move back "home" to Wyo! Any info you can send my way is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
I do wish you the best in finding a position you are excited about and that works for you. It is so much fun to work at the schools, with the kids. I was just recently hired on myself, at the elementary level, and am so excited to start in the fall. I have to say that the principal and teachers and other staff I've met have been very warm and welcoming. I thought it might be this exclusive, difficult club to get into. But if you're a good match for the children, and have the skills and heart to truly help them, they will see that and things will work out for you. Just be yourself in the interview. I wish you the best!

Old 05-31-2008, 01:37 PM

430 posts, read 1,623,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldsky View Post
I do wish you the best in finding a position you are excited about and that works for you. It is so much fun to work at the schools, with the kids. I was just recently hired on myself, at the elementary level, and am so excited to start in the fall. I have to say that the principal and teachers and other staff I've met have been very warm and welcoming. I thought it might be this exclusive, difficult club to get into. But if you're a good match for the children, and have the skills and heart to truly help them, they will see that and things will work out for you. Just be yourself in the interview. I wish you the best!
I agree with emeraldsky - Gillette is probably a better fit actually for a teacher because Cody hires, then lays off & then hires again the same year. I don't know what the deal is with that but have watched that pattern for YEARS. And Cody is probably a LOT more cliquish at the schools..

Old 06-01-2008, 01:08 AM

1,872 posts, read 4,221,023 times
Cody sounds like Billings then. They do that layoff/rehire thing constantly! They are talking about doing it again now being the mill levy did not pass. I'm glad I'm in Laurel and not Billings, as Laurel's district is completely different in a lot of ways.

I appreciate the words of encouragement and tips! I'm really looking forward to the interview in Gillette on Tuesday. Who knows, emeraldsky, maybe we'll meet each other one day! The position I'm interviewing for is a case manager special ed. position....not actually teaching but managing a caseload that will be split among a couple of schools. I love teaching & working with the kids, but I feel I'm really strong in case management, too. I like dealing with the families, other agencies and all the teachers, so I think it would be a great fit for me.

Although we want to move to Wyoming I'm pretty choosy about where I'm applying for work. I don't want to be in a town that's too small and do prefer school districts that are a bit bigger (relatively speaking for Wyoming!). We also have to be cognizant of job availability for hubby of course.

Thanks again and I'll keep you all posted on what transpires. If anything else comes to mind as far as advice for us let me know

Old 06-04-2008, 12:07 AM

I had my interview in Gillette today and was so impressed by the people I met! When I got to the building where my interview was there were at least 5 people who greeted me with the most friendly greetings and wanted to see if I needed any help! The four women who interviewed me were so kind and down to earth. I felt comfortable right away. This made my desire to want to move to Gillette even greater! I then spent some time looking at some housing developments and the folks I met were also all very nice. I stopped for gas, something to eat, etc. and also ran into some of the friendliest folks I've ever met. I've always known that Wyoming people are friendly, but I noticed it even moreso in Gillette! With the exception of the interview panel and the real estate gal no one else I encountered knew me from Adam or knew where I was from. I get the feeling they would treat anyone well regardless if you are local or from out of town, out of state, etc. Thanks to all in Gillette who read this for making your town so friendly

Old 06-04-2008, 11:26 PM

208 posts, read 909,843 times
Glad your experience with Gillette was good Georgia.... I replied to your PM tonight as well. Sorry for the delay; I was out of town for the last four days.

Quote:
I had my interview in Gillette today and was so impressed by the people I met! When I got to the building where my interview was there were at least 5 people who greeted me with the most friendly greetings and wanted to see if I needed any help! The four women who interviewed me were so kind and down to earth. I felt comfortable right away. This made my desire to want to move to Gillette even greater! I then spent some time looking at some housing developments and the folks I met were also all very nice. I stopped for gas, something to eat, etc. and also ran into some of the friendliest folks I've ever met. I've always known that Wyoming people are friendly, but I noticed it even moreso in Gillette! With the exception of the interview panel and the real estate gal no one else I encountered knew me from Adam or knew where I was from. I get the feeling they would treat anyone well regardless if you are local or from out of town, out of state, etc. Thanks to all in Gillette who read this for making your town so friendly

Old 06-06-2008, 04:16 PM

I am happy to let you know that I was offered the position in Gillette! We are thrilled about it. After my experiences there with such friendly people I'm excited to move there. I was called today for another interview in Casper and had to call back to decline it when I heard from Gillette. What I've said all along is "what's meant to be, will be", so Gillette, here we come! Now we have to figure out whether hubby will transfer with his company or look for a different job. We also will need to find a place to rent as we won't sell our home in Laurel until in the fall. If anyone has any leads on rentals we'd surely appreciate it! Thanks, all

Old 06-06-2008, 04:43 PM

471 posts, read 1,509,069 times
Congratulations Georgiainmt!

Welcome to Gillette and to the Campbell County School District!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming