Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2022, 04:52 PM

400 posts, read 452,465 times

Advertisements

These new LED light bulbs just don’t last as long as I thought they would.

Old 08-02-2022, 07:36 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,593,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBoomers2 View Post
Oh, we'll get out of Colorado. Not one doubt about that. No one!

And, believe it or not, there are those in Colorado that don't think to highly of Wyoming. Now, why would that be???
You can't buy marijuana and other drugs in Wyoming. I suppose that you didn't know that.

Old 08-02-2022, 07:48 PM

8,938 posts, read 20,360,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
You can't buy marijuana and other drugs in Wyoming. I suppose that you didn't know that.
I knew about marijuana and Wyoming, but basically, any drugs, legal or illegal can be bought anywhere in America. Unfortunately, but so, so true. Being a former EMT, of years upon years ago, I seen way to many OD's.

Old 08-03-2022, 10:46 AM

400 posts, read 452,465 times

Old 08-04-2022, 09:13 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,593,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I've been bouncing back and forth for quite a while now, between "he's a troll and totally yanking our chains" and "he's a tiresome and repetitive old man with zero self awareness". I actually think that you're behind Door #2. But regardless, the pattern of your posts is unmistakable.

1. Post a retread of a thread you've already played out with a slightly different title
2. Give your opinion then ask for the opinion of others
3. Others (who actually live and work here) take the time to give you feedback on the premise of the post
4. You disregard their opinions and then tell them why they're wrong
5. Rinse and repeat
6. Rinse and repeat
7. Rinse and repeat

Look Dude................this message board has been on the Internet for a good many years, and if you care to do a search you will likely find the answer to all of your legitimate questions. But the bottom line is that if you're interested in a town to potentially move to, eventually you're going to have to go see for yourself. So get your old vehicle travel-ready.

I don't mean to sound disrespectful or overly mean, but I have been amazed at the multiple very patient attempts by multiple respondents to actually provide you with useful information. They're all busy people living busy lives and I give them full credit for their efforts.

As for me? I've been kinda sorta following along in the same manner you slow down for a vehicle accident on the side of the road. You know you shouldn't look, but you also can't look away. But as of right now this minute, I'm going to try very hard to look away. Life is too short for never ending BS. Good luck to you because you really need it.
I agree, but I am becoming bored. I wish that the OP would start a new thread.

Old 08-04-2022, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
I agree, but I am becoming bored. I wish that the OP would start a new thread.
Well, perhaps a new thread about Sheridan? Why? Just got an e-mail from the Chamber of Commerce in Sheridan stating that we'd make a perfect fit in Sheridan or even in Cody. A lady there ask me a few questions, thru e-mail about: Where we live and why we want to leave. Our interests and a few other things. I told her how the inside of our apartment was decorated (rodeo pictures and so on).

Now, if we can only make sure, next June/July, that we'd have an apartment to rent then, we'd rent a car, wife would take Monday thru the following Wednesday off and we head to Sheridan for a few days and have a day or two left over to take our boat out on local lake. Will see what happens.

Old 08-04-2022, 03:16 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,637,875 times
Quote:
[Well, perhaps a new thread about Sheridan? Why? Just got an e-mail from the Chamber of Commerce in Sheridan stating that we'd make a perfect fit in Sheridan
Great!

Here is a property management company in Sheridan that represents multiple rental properties in Sheridan.

https://www.century21bhj.com/property-management

Get in touch with them next to ask about what you can expect to find available when you're ready to move next year. Keep in regular touch with them over the coming year and fill out any required paperwork now.

They do have a couple of rentals available now that look like they'd fit in your budget and meet your desires, but of course, those won't be available a year from now. But looking through their current listings and keeping in touch with them will give you some additional specific info about Sheridan rentals that no one on this board --- or even the Sheridan Chamber of Commerce--- can provide.

I believe that NW Crow also posted some links to apartments in one of your other threads -- too many threads for me to find it, but I'm sure you can dig it up using the advanced search function.

The Chamber should be able to give you the names of other property management firms and apartment complexes in the Sheridan area too so you can do the same with them.

Do you have a folder called "Sheridan" on your computer where you save the information that people here have already given you about Sheridan? If not, consider putting one together so you don't lose track of the information people here have already given you in multiple threads. Gathering that information all in one place may help you narrow down any future questions you might need to ask about Sheridan before your move next year.

Repeating the same questions in new threads doesn't mean you'll get new answers, and you risk losing the valuable info and advice that people have already given you if that info is spread out over many, many threads.

Good luck with your plans!

(P.S., if you find the perfect place NOW in Sheridan, why wait a year to move? Break your lease and go. That's one of the advantages of renting. You can leave when you want to, even if there is a charge for breaking your lease. Life is short. Get on the road to happiness.)

Last edited by RosieSD; 08-04-2022 at 03:31 PM..

Old 08-04-2022, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Great!

Here is a property management company in Sheridan that represents multiple rental properties in Sheridan.

https://www.century21bhj.com/property-management

Get in touch with them next to ask about what you can expect to find available when you're ready to move next year. Keep in regular touch with them over the coming year and fill out any required paperwork now.

They do have a couple of rentals available now that look like they'd fit in your budget and meet your desires, but of course, those won't be available a year from now. But looking through their current listings and keeping in touch with them will give you some additional specific info about Sheridan rentals that no one on this board --- or even the Sheridan Chamber of Commerce--- can provide.

I believe that NW Crow also posted some links to apartments in one of your other threads -- too many threads for me to find it, but I'm sure you can dig it up using the advanced search function.

The Chamber should be able to give you the names of other property management firms and apartment complexes in the Sheridan area too so you can do the same with them.

Do you have a folder called "Sheridan" on your computer where you save the information that people here have already given you about Sheridan? If not, consider putting one together so you don't lose track of the information people here have already given you in multiple threads. Gathering that information all in one place may help you narrow down any future questions you might need to ask about Sheridan before your move next year.

Repeating the same questions in new threads doesn't mean you'll get new answers, and you risk losing the valuable info and advice that people have already given you if that info is spread out over many, many threads.

Good luck with your plans!

(P.S., if you find the perfect place NOW in Sheridan, why wait a year to move? Break your lease and go. That's one of the advantages of renting. You can leave when you want to, even if there is a charge for breaking your lease. Life is short. Get on the road to happiness.)

The first one in red above: We will definitely "need all the luck we can get".

The second one in red above: It would cost us some $2,000 to break our lease, plus whatever breaking the lease might do to our credit rating. For us, breaking our lease isn't really what we want to do. We have never done it and many people don't want to do that, because of credit reporting or anything else. A good apartment complex reference is always nice to have, but breaking the lease..........I just don't know.

Old 08-04-2022, 04:27 PM

RosieSD, on that century21bhj site, there were only two rentals listed in Sheridan. One is a townhouse and the other is a regular house.

But, will fill out the info and send to them what our requests are.

Old 08-04-2022, 04:49 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,637,875 times
Quote:
RosieSD, on that century21bhj site, there were only two rentals listed in Sheridan. One is a townhouse and the other is a regular house.

But, will fill out the info and send to them what our requests are.
Scroll down, there are a few more listed. You're not going to find dozens of listings for a town of Sheridan's size. (and of course, you're not moving for a year, so what's available won't be what's available next year).

Don't just fill out the info or email the property company. I'd call them on the phone and chat them up about your plans. Pick their brains. Call back periodically so you stay at the top of their mind. Drop in when you visit.

Also ask the Chamber for a list of apartment complexes and other area management companies (if there are any) and do the same.

As I mentioned in your other thread, in smaller towns like Sheridan, a lot of rentals are never advertised online. They go quickly to people who know someone who knows someone thinking about renting their place out, or someone puts a notice up outside the post office/supermarket about an upcoming rental.

So, one of the reasons to try making a couple of trips over the next year, IF YOU CAN, instead of just one is to try to make local connections in town who think of you when they hear of something for around the time you want to move. I'd also stay open to the other nearby communities people here on CD have suggested, visit them, and do the same leg work. And whatever other areas interest you as well.

For now though, make a "first scouting trip" to Sheridan and see if living in a small town of 17,000 people is really a fit. May be. May not be. You're the only folks who can answer that question -- no one here can. If nothing else, you'll see a lot of Wyoming on the trip up and back -- who knows, you may find another town you like on the way.

If you and your wife DO like Sheridan, try to get back at least once, perhaps for a little longer (and do consider renting a house in town for that longer trip instead of staying in a hotel!), and really dig into area, try to meet locals, and scout out the market for rentals.

However, don't get discouraged. You have a year to make your move if you're committed to staying in Loveland for the next year.

Best wishes.

Last edited by RosieSD; 08-04-2022 at 04:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming