Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2008, 01:18 AM

7,639 posts, read 18,118,347 times

Advertisements

With no major-league professional sports teams, I'm curious what teams Wyoming residents tend to support. My guess? Colorado teams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 05:04 AM

264 posts, read 1,093,703 times
Denver, Green Bay and Pittsburgh seem to be popular teams where I work. Me personally, I'm a Texas sports fan.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:30 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,102,533 times
I am a die-hard Broncos fan, but my husband - a Wyoming native is a Chiefs fan I also cheer on the Cowboys.
As far as baseball - the Rockies are all I heard rooted for, but I am a die-hard Mets fan (had a cousin who used to play for them).
Basketball - again the Nuggets seemed to have been rooted for most.

Of course, these all seem to change in any given year

Old 08-05-2008, 11:35 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,218,384 times
I am also a die hard Broncos fan. After all, they were "born" the same year I was! Being raised in Wyoming and not getting a lot of tv stations, it was pretty typical for most of us "baby boomers" to like the closest teams that we could watch on t.v. It seems that the E. part of the state is more for the Nuggets and the SW. part more for the Jazz due to the proximity of the cities. I know a lot of Packers, Cowboys, Steelers, Chiefs and Raiders fans, too, but I still think the Broncos are #1 around here for football. Baseball seems a bit different. It seems that different people like different teams although the Rockies are the closest. Hockey lovers seem to like the Avalanche unless they were fans of other teams before the Avs were around. Go Broncos.....exhibition game this week!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-06-2008, 02:17 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,686 times
Die hard San Diego Chargers football fan, Dallas Mavericks basketball fan, Dallas Stars hockey, Dodgers baseball, UW Cowboys college football fan.

I'm an equal opportunity sports enthusiast.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:48 AM

11 posts, read 50,441 times
I am a one-year resident of Wyoming, lived 18 years in Alaska, but was born in Wisconsin. Green Bay is my team! It is surprising how many Green Bay fans there are out here! (You see a lot of green & gold on football Sundays!) But from talking to long-time residents, the favorite teams usually are the Broncos and the Rockies.

Note that Wyomingites are extremely supportive of their University, and the Cowboys' logo is seen almost everywhere; granted, it is also the state symbol (the Bucking Horse & Rider.) see

Wyoming Secretary of State

Old 08-07-2008, 08:23 PM

330 posts, read 1,095,530 times
I'm a die-hard Packer fan (Cheesehead don't-ya-know)....love the Nebraska Cornhuskers.....

I'll probably get beat up for this one....but I totally hate the Broncos and the Rockies....

I liked the Timberwolves when they were still in Minnesota, but not so much now that they are based in Texas.....and I don't watch much baseball.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:28 PM

330 posts, read 1,095,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
With no major-league professional sports teams, I'm curious what teams Wyoming residents tend to support. My guess? Colorado teams.
Ah....a North Shore poster....I miss it back there (I was born in Superior) and make it back any chance I can....my mother is buried on some ancient Ojibwe tribal grounds back there.

Considering moving back.....but can't make up our minds (my husband really likes the Two Harbors area).

To get back to your original post....we do have a semi pro baseball team (Casper Ghosts) and a semi-pro indoor football team (Wyoming Cavalry).....and we support them cuz they ROCK!

Old 08-11-2008, 05:52 PM

2,007 posts, read 6,829,003 times
Not meaning to be ignorant. I don't even let the channel stop on sports channels. It goes back to my father. He was a fanatic. If it isn't hunting fishing or such. I don't much care. I know I am a very baaaaaaaad man. O.K.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: