Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2006, 01:23 PM

6 posts, read 19,695 times

Advertisements

I have returned to school and I am studying to be an ESL teacher (English as a Second language). Wyoming is one of the places I'm considering moving to. Does any one know about employment opportunities for ESL teachers? Also, I am coming from New York. I hate it here, too many liberals, but NY actually has a relatively low crime rate. What is the crime situation in Wyoming?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2006, 01:36 PM

33 posts, read 213,520 times
I know that Casper is trying to get teachers but for your question on ESL teachers I cant answer you. (By my grammer and such you can tell that we need it )

But as you know Wyoming crime rate isnt that bad. The problem here like most places out here is the Meth. But I know if I had to pick between New York and Wyoming I would be out here in fly over country!!!!

Old 06-26-2006, 10:07 PM

49 posts, read 305,220 times
Rawlins WY, located in Carbon County might be in need of your teaching expertise. (Unsure of that, however, but you might check into it). By reading that city’s newspaper, it appears to me as though crime is on the rise, but in my judgment, still not that of being even comparable to other state’s cities, comparable in size. The reported/published crimes do, usually, pertain to the use/dealing of methamphetamines.

Old 07-07-2006, 12:26 PM

3 posts, read 13,031 times
Hello,
My husband just started teaching math in Natrona County, which includes the Casper area. I would suggest that you do a google search for Wyoming Job Network. I think that all of their teaching positions are listed there. Also, one thing a lot of the teachers in the Casper area were telling me is that special ed is in high demand right now. They just can't get enought people in to that field. Hope this might help you out.

Jonna

Old 03-13-2007, 10:28 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,432,361 times
i may not understand what you do,but wyoming has not only the smallest population in the us but one of the smallest current immigrant populations also so i doubt wyoming would be a good candidate if you are looking to teach primarily students who have come from non english speaking countries.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:47 AM
MHT

434 posts, read 2,254,279 times
Default Esl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwell View Post
I have returned to school and I am studying to be an ESL teacher (English as a Second language). Wyoming is one of the places I'm considering moving to. Does any one know about employment opportunities for ESL teachers? Also, I am coming from New York. I hate it here, too many liberals, but NY actually has a relatively low crime rate. What is the crime situation in Wyoming?
We have ESL teachers here in Wheatland so I'm sure there's also a need other places in the state. Check with the office of public instruction as far as jobs go. I think they have somewhere on their site that they list jobs for teachers.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:05 PM

2,186 posts, read 6,822,753 times
Jackson has a large and fast growing hispanic population so I assume they have a need for ESL teachers.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:33 PM

13 posts, read 69,145 times
I just moved from Rawlins and as far as I know, they only have one ESL teacher....I could be mistaken. The ESL teacher we had worked at amy building and all the ESL students went to our school. This year she has a ton of kids.

The fact is that, I think you might have a rough time finding a job as a ESL teacher out here. There are ESL teachers, that is true, but I don't think the districts employ that many. Lots of testing too....dear lord.

teachers-teachers is a good site. Look for a site called EdPost at St.cloud state in MN. Only for MN, but a good database.

Old 09-16-2007, 08:50 PM

14 posts, read 81,694 times
Au contraire! Rawlins has two ESL teachers. My wife just started this school year at the middle school.

There are places in Wyoming where ESL is in demand. Teacher-Teacher is the best place place to look for work for teaching. It will probably be in the Spring before many openings show up.

Crime does not appear to be an issue out here. But unless you can entertain yourself or want to join into the community actively, it is a lonely spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming