Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 01:41 PM

19 posts, read 41,080 times

Advertisements

I hear ya WyattE if it was up to me I'd be outta here ASAP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 01:16 PM

309 posts, read 991,472 times
Well when you get bored down there, come up to Big Sky Country - lots of room to spread out, fewer creepy crawlies to deal with and maybe a good paying job if you're in the right occupation.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:21 PM

Well, I'm almost ready to go out of my mind out here in Indiana right now, I'm hoping that the next two years goes by fast that's when I'll be done with school and hopefully get the heck out of here.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:56 AM

375 posts, read 1,381,626 times
And, plan on homeschooling your children.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaduchman View Post
And, plan on homeschooling your children.
And why would I have to plan on homeschooling my children out of curiosity?

Old 07-25-2009, 08:32 AM

304 posts, read 904,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehoyle79 View Post
I know that Darrow said that he's grown some good cantaloupe, are there any other fruits that will grow out there?? I'm in the process of learning how to can and all that good stuff and was wondering if anything like strawberries or blueberries make it out there, because they make great jam!
I have a wonderful apple tree, crab apples trees, currents, chokecherries, native plums, nanking cherries, strawberries (couldn't get my blueberry bush to grow). A couple in town has a wonderful peach tree, but I don't think it's common around here. Apricots do ok in some areas.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:40 AM

Quote:
One more question I know a little about the wildlife that inhabits there, mountain loins, rattle snakes, but I'm curious as the the size and quantity of spiders that you have out there?? My husband says that you guys have nice big ones roaming around out there, so I was curious about that.
Also, isolation doesn't bother me I grew up in the country so am used to it just being the immediate family and the animals.
On my property we get the occasional black widow, cat-face, daddy long legs and small brown ? We don't have too many mosquitos or flies, but in the spring get a lot of moths and field mice. A better question to ask me would be about the black bears that visit and the deer, fox, coyote and a neighbor claimed a wolf - but I don't know about that! We have a huge heard of deer that destroy nearly everything that isn't fenced or sprayed with repellant - they suck, but were here first!

I am at the base of a mountain near Cody. When I say isolation, I also mean being cooped up in the house because the wind is too hard to go outside and can go like this for a week 50-70 mph wind! Also shopping, I drive to Billings which is 90 miles 1 way to do school shopping and concerts, airport at times and just to have some shopping variety and good food! There are some very remote towns in Wyoming that are far more isolated than Cody.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:57 AM

Well Darrow I grew up in the country and we had an abundance of black bears and coyotes where I'm from, although no wolves. Deer yes, and they were good for eating whatever they could from the garden and of course my dad's apple trees lol. I'm not scared of the larger carnivores, but I do respect them and know to stay out of their way, spiders are what I'm scared of, yuck!!!

Old 07-25-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Well Darrow I grew up in the country and we had an abundance of black bears and coyotes where I'm from, although no wolves. Deer yes, and they were good for eating whatever they could from the garden and of course my dad's apple trees lol. I'm not scared of the larger carnivores, but I do respect them and know to stay out of their way, spiders are what I'm scared of, yuck!!!
You'll fit right in...Sheridan's an awesome town and I prefer the Big Horn MT over Absarokas, Beartooths and Tetons. It's not so touristy, and better fishing, the bugs and mosquitos are worse tho.

Old 07-26-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrow View Post
You'll fit right in...Sheridan's an awesome town and I prefer the Big Horn MT over Absarokas, Beartooths and Tetons. It's not so touristy, and better fishing, the bugs and mosquitos are worse tho.
Well thank you...Sheridan looks amazing can't wait, we're planning a vacation out there sometime soon. And the mosquitos can't be any worse than they are out in Virginia, they actually have planes that spray to kill them they're so bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming