Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 12:59 PM

549 posts, read 2,194,078 times

Advertisements

Hello all, I was pointed over here by some nice folks in the Charlotte forum.

If I were to work in Ballantyne could you recommend some places to live in SC?

Can you recommend subdivisions where I can get a 5 bedroom home?

Max price 350s

Can you tell me how long the commute would be from the subdivision you recommend?

Also, I need good schools. I am not too informed on the school situation but I have heard Ft Mill is good and possibly Indian Land?

Thanks everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2007, 01:16 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,859,218 times
You'd be closer living in the "panhandle" portion of Lancaster County, which is looking more and more like an extension of Ballantyne these days. Living in Fort Mill wouldn't really put you out of the way, but traffic on I-485 (which you would take to get to Ballantyne from Fort Mill as far as freeways go) can get thick at times.

Other people here could recommend specific subdivisions and the like.

Old 08-05-2007, 03:17 PM

116 posts, read 550,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
You'd be closer living in the "panhandle" portion of Lancaster County, which is looking more and more like an extension of Ballantyne these days. Living in Fort Mill wouldn't really put you out of the way, but traffic on I-485 (which you would take to get to Ballantyne from Fort Mill as far as freeways go) can get thick at times.

Other people here could recommend specific subdivisions and the like.
I wouldn't stay away from Fort Mill because of 485. I work off of Rea rd and live near Baxter in Fort Mill. I have not had any problems with 485 that direction in the morning and better yet, I find it quicker to just go 160 to 521 into Ballantyne

Old 08-05-2007, 05:00 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,423,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmD/MBA View Post
I wouldn't stay away from Fort Mill because of 485. I work off of Rea rd and live near Baxter in Fort Mill. I have not had any problems with 485 that direction in the morning and better yet, I find it quicker to just go 160 to 521 into Ballantyne
Agreed. I live in Fort Mill and 160 to 521 is easier than 485, even if 485 wasn't a clustermess.

Old 08-05-2007, 06:10 PM

425 posts, read 1,570,473 times
I bought a 5 bedroom ( all upsatirs) home with a full finished basement with 2 guest bedrooms and a full bath in White Grove for the price range you are describing. WHite grove is in Fort Mill SD and is just off Doby's bridge- I was up by Ballentyne today and it took about 15 minutes. DO you have a bedrrom split preferance ? There is a home for sale now with 5 bedrooms and a great finsihed basement but one of teh bedrooms is down there. Lots of the homes also have a main floor office that a few neighbors have made a bedroom- does not have a full bath though.

Good luck

Old 08-05-2007, 06:23 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,210,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY - Dallas View Post
Hello all, I was pointed over here by some nice folks in the Charlotte forum.

If I were to work in Ballantyne could you recommend some places to live in SC?

Can you recommend subdivisions where I can get a 5 bedroom home?

Max price 350s

Can you tell me how long the commute would be from the subdivision you recommend?

Also, I need good schools. I am not too informed on the school situation but I have heard Ft Mill is good and possibly Indian Land?

Thanks everyone.
Well, I hope I was one of those nice folks that pointed you over to the SC side

Here is the beauty of Fort Mill (and/or Indian Land)....and the commute to Ballanyne...there is no need to hop on the 485 if you don't want to (yet it is one more option if ever needed).

I live in Tega Cay, SC (Fort Mill area) and have family that live in Ballantyne and there isn't a route that I have not taken to get there (I love to venture ). I have made it to Ballantyne anywhere from 12 minutes (the shortest amount of time) to 25 minutes (the longest)

Anywho...some of the places you may what to take a look at within Fort Mill (within your price range and the amount of bedrooms you requested)

Pleasant Glen
Quail Ridge
Knightsbridge

White Grove
Lynnwood Farms (this subdivsion is about as far as you can go out and still be witin Fort Mill...go a bit farther and your in Indian Land, SC)

Course there are several others too...but I also wanted to say that many of the homes around here have bonus rooms (that will have a closet..which can then be used as another bedroom)....So that will open up even more options within your price range.

Best of luck with your search!

p.s. I forgot to add that my children attend Fort Mill schools...if you have any questions feel free to ask (I do think they are excellent by the way)

Old 08-05-2007, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixinthefamily View Post
I bought a 5 bedroom ( all upsatirs) home with a full finished basement with 2 guest bedrooms and a full bath in White Grove for the price range you are describing. WHite grove is in Fort Mill SD and is just off Doby's bridge- I was up by Ballentyne today and it took about 15 minutes. DO you have a bedrrom split preferance ? There is a home for sale now with 5 bedrooms and a great finsihed basement but one of teh bedrooms is down there. Lots of the homes also have a main floor office that a few neighbors have made a bedroom- does not have a full bath though.

Good luck
Thanks for the info. I prefer 4 beds up and the master down or all 5 up.

Old 08-05-2007, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
Well, I hope I was one of those nice folks that pointed you over to the SC side

Here is the beauty of Fort Mill (and/or Indian Land)....and the commute to Ballanyne...there is no need to hop on the 485 if you don't want to (yet it is one more option if ever needed).

I live in Tega Cay, SC (Fort Mill area) and have family that live in Ballantyne and there isn't a route that I have not taken to get there (I love to venture ). I have made it to Ballantyne anywhere from 12 minutes (the shortest amount of time) to 25 minutes (the longest)

Anywho...some of the places you may what to take a look at within Fort Mill (within your price range and the amount of bedrooms you requested)

Pleasant Glen
Quail Ridge
Knightsbridge

White Grove
Lynnwood Farms (this subdivsion is about as far as you can go out and still be witin Fort Mill...go a bit farther and your in Indian Land, SC)

Course there are several others too...but I also wanted to say that many of the homes around here have bonus rooms (that will have a closet..which can then be used as another bedroom)....So that will open up even more options within your price range.

Best of luck with your search!

p.s. I forgot to add that my children attend Fort Mill schools...if you have any questions feel free to ask (I do think they are excellent by the way)

Indeed you were

Ill try to figure out the builders in the sub divisions you mentioned

Can you comment on some of the sub divisions in Fort Mill that Ryan Homes is building?

Ryan Homes

Last edited by onrway2clt; 08-05-2007 at 07:39 PM..

Old 08-05-2007, 07:38 PM

Oh also can you comment on this one Charlotte North Carolina Real Estate

Thanks again

Old 08-05-2007, 11:06 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,859,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmD/MBA View Post
I can believe that. I just didn't know if that was a preferred route or not; I generally take I-485 from Rock Hill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties