Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2007, 05:08 PM

8 posts, read 28,580 times

Advertisements

hi--my husband and i are moving into a new subdivison in SC south of ballantyne. we're in an apartment and as time nears we're both trying to figure out how to get through the next three weeks!

we're so excited about moving into the first home that we've built together that we can't concentrate on anything. any "clean" advice from those whose felt the same 'i want to move now' urge?

to pass the time we've already:
  • gone to concerts
  • seen all the cool movies
  • perfected our 'apartment' tan
  • found our new church
  • checked out all the new restaurants in our area
  • rented movies from our local video store
  • stalked our new home about 2x/week
  • visited hilton head
  • shopped for new furniture

anyone have any other ideas aside from stalking our new house 3x a week?

--less than 20 days and counting...

signed,
mr. and mrs. we want our house now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2007, 07:21 PM
RGP

15 posts, read 56,141 times
My house could use some painting. That should take you a while

Old 08-23-2007, 07:13 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,302,429 times
And I need some SERIOUS landscaping done (we're pulling out ivy).

Old 08-23-2007, 08:10 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,215,973 times
Well, after you are done with the painting and landscaping...

Why not go horseback riding over at Anne Springs Close Greenway, or go for a picnic, or take a hike (wishful thinking that it will cool down soon )

Anne Springs Close Greenway

There is also Andrew Jackson State Park (there again go on a picnic, fish, explore)

About This Park - Andrew Jackson State Park - South Carolina State Parks

Okay so you say you have seen all the current movies..yet have you ever been to a drive-in (there is one in Belmont, NC)?

Admission

Or if you are burnt out on local shopping..how bout' the outlet mall in Gaffney, SC

Prime Outlets

Oh heck, we all know that you are really going to drive by your new place 2 or 3 times a day anyway...cause we all did the same thing!

Old 08-23-2007, 09:12 AM

8 posts, read 28,580 times
LOL--ya'll are funny! Thank you (?) for the generous offers to help me through the next three weeks. :O

i love the Anne Springs idea! we're going to head out there on Saturday and take horse back riding lessons when it cools down.

thanks again. great idea

Last edited by MajorIsAGoodBoy; 08-23-2007 at 09:17 AM.. Reason: answered my own question

Old 08-23-2007, 09:13 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,434,041 times
The Bodyworld's exhibit at Discovery Place is worthwhile. Trader Joe's is open if you haven't been.

The retro film at BV theatre this weekend is Grease, Fri and Sat at 10 for $5. I recommend going to Moe's beforehand on Saturday. The food is only mediocre, but they have $1 bottled domestic beer.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorIsAGoodBoy View Post
LOL--ya'll are funny! Thank you (?) for the generous offers to help me through the next three weeks. :O

i love the Anne Springs idea! we're going to head out there on Saturday and take horse back riding lessons when it cools down.

does anyone know if they allow dogs on the trails?

thanks again,

Yep, they sure do. We brought ours.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:15 AM

Oh, last Charlotte Knights home Saturday game of this season is this weekend. They do a pretty coool fireworks show afterwards.

Welcome to charlotteknights.com

Tix are $7-12, parking is $3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties